Chapter Twenty Five

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung picks up her earrings and finishes her get up for the night. She finally stands in front of her full length mirror, checking her dress.

It’s a white off-shoulder long gown with creases that knots on her waist upfront giving a slight billow effect way down. Her hair is tied loosely with matching pearl necklace.

Tonight is their first formal date and we say formal, we have in here the restaurant reservation, the suit and the gown and all the necessary things.

Kris had called her and will be here any sooner so she picks up her purse, takes a deep breath and gets out of her room just as she hears their maid call her. Her parents haven’t called yet and it all the more adds to the fear and worry she feels as of now. But for the sake of this night, she decided to forget it for a while. Tomorrow will be their 100th day together and she plans to surprise him.

It surprised her to see his car in their front porch, wondering how he got inside. She stops for a while on the front door the moment she sees him standing beside the open passenger seat of his black Ferrari.

He looks so dashing with his white coat and black pants. He opts for a black bow tie and his black hair is combed in a sleek fashion. A blush colors her cheeks as he moves on the steps to help her down.

“You look so beautiful,” he compliments, loving the way the blush adds effect on her beauty. He had her get inside the car first before he gets on the driver’s seat. He even did the honor of securing her seatbelt. “Safety first,” he smiles as they finally leaves her place.

“It will probably be a long ride that’s why I picked you up earlier. I plan to have dinner with you there,” he initiates the conversation as they pave the highway.

“Just bring me home afterwards,” she replies, relaxing on her seat.

“Are you all alone in your house?”

“If you won’t count the servants then yes, I am.”

He chuckles, “Would you want to stay with me at my unit?”

She whips her head on his direction at the offer, blushing scarlet this time. The offer is tempting but her parents will be around tomorrow and she doesn’t want them to get mad for not seeing her at home and it will be school days anyways.

“As tempting as it seems, but I’m sorry,” she replies looking outside the window.

“Why are you blushing?” he chuckles once again.

She whines and pouts after a while, covering her face from embarrassment which pushed him to laugh at her. The atmosphere finally gets at ease.

It’s really indeed a long ride for the venue happens to be a restaurant near the sea. From the number of cars parked outside, looks like it’s really a famous one. She waited for him open the door for her before he gives the car key to the valet. A waiter escorts them after giving the reservation number.

He really did choose a perfect location and it surely must have cost a lot for it’s completely isolated on the main area.

The area is secluded by glass walls with floor length curtains that conceal you from the outside. It offers a spectacular view of the shore on the other side and there’s even a grand piano where a guy is already seated behind, playing something nice. There’s only one table for two with two waiters at their service.

He pulls the seat for her, “Have a sit.”

She slips in, looking at the pitch darkness beyond the sea. It must be nice to hear the sea wave’s crash on the shore. She will definitely love the sound rather than the piano.

“I really want to learn how to swim,” she sighs as they receive the menu.

“Would you want me to teach you?” he offers again but she just shook her head.

“Don’t you love the sounds of the waves?” she said, relaying her order on the awaiting waiter.

“Would you want to hear it as we have dinner?”

“But how can you move this glass walls?” she asks, looking so child-like from the way she pouts her lips.

Kris chuckles and gives his order. He reaches something near his placemat and instantly, the glass walls slides to the left as the one behind the piano stops playing. The sounds of the waves and the warmth of the sea breeze wash over them which made her beam. She closes her eyes to feel the breeze, letting the sound of the waves fill her ears.

“Would you want a house near the sea?” he asks, loving the way she looks so peaceful with her eyes closed.

“I just don’t get it why do most people love to build their dream house near the shore. Although the idea sounds good, I’d rather not do so. I just love the idea of visiting it once in a while, whenever I feel like doing so. I might get bored of the sea if I live beside it,” she replies, staring back at him.

He reaches for her hand, “Let’s have a walk outside as we wait for our orders.”

“But there’s the sand,” she hesitates.

“We will be just by the paved concrete ways near the restaurant. We can get by the sandy part right after dinner,” he smiles, standing up to give her no more excuse to refuse.

She accepted his offered hand, allowing him to guide her on the way. The feeling is very nice once they got outside. He discreetly moves behind her, wrapping his arms on her waist as he pulls her closer. She leans on to his chest, letting out a relaxed sigh.

“It’s so nice to dream of being with someone you love forever,” she said, initiating a conversation after a comfortable silence.

“But I thought you already found him in me? Why are you still dreaming?” he whispers, a hint of whining visible in his voice.

“You are so childish sometimes,” she chuckles, “Besides, we both don’t know the uncertainties that lies ahead of us,” she added, pulling his arms to tighten the hug.

“Why are you so worked up in thinking about the future?”

“I don’t know, I am just scared,” she replied.

“You are scaring me,” he leans on the crook of her neck, unsure on how to pacify her.

There was silence as they let the sound of the crashing waves fill it.

“You mentioned before about your certain attachment to Chanyeol, are you ready to share it now?”

With a sigh, she finally relays it.

“Our families are sworn allies which my parents didn’t elaborate furthermore as to how it became like thus. I want to know why but I decided not to. In every generation, one child from each family will be tied to strengthen the bond. The last marriage was between Seunghyun oppa, which is my cousin and Bom unnie for the Park family. But for the present generation, we have two options: settle the dispute of the Choi family with the Oh family by tying Choi Sulli with their youngest heir Sehun or continue the tradition with me and Chanyeol ending up in matrimonial ceremony.”

“I like the former than the latter,” he said, turning her around to completely hug her.

“And so do I,” she agrees, suddenly feeling sleepy.

Her stomach decided to interrupt the atmosphere. He chuckles and parts, “Let’s have dinner so we can have a walk by the beach right after.”

The dinner talk is almost all about school stuff and his friends. They had dessert with wine as Sooyoung elaborates more on her plans for the months before the end of the school year. They got too engrossed on talks that when he glances on his watch, it’s already ten in the evening.

“I think we can’t have the walk by the beach. It’s already ten and the ride back will surely be long as well,” he sighs, frustration evident in his voice.

“It’s okay. We have next time anyway,” she smiles, reaching for his hand, giving it a light squeeze.

With a handsome smile, he finally called for the bill. Once everything’s done, he escorted her out as they walk to the entrance to have their car.

--------------

Unknown to them, someone had spotted them as they are walking on the main area.

“Jessica dear,” Mr. Jung turns to his eldest daughter as they wait for her sister and mother get out from the bathroom.

“Yes Dad?” the lady raises an inquisitive brow.

“Is that Kris Wu?” he pointed on the front desk.

Jessica turns around, checking the said information before a grin appears on her pretty face, “Why yes Dad! That is Kris,” she remarks with fake enthusiasm.

“That’s Choi Sooyoung, daughter of Yoonsoo and Jisun. Are they dating?” he asks, more to himself than his daughter.

“The answer is very obvious,” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Oh, but I thought you two are the ones dating?” Mr. Jung spares her daughter a look.

“Dad, we all know that Gregory wants a pure Chinese for his son. Those dates are just ‘friendly date,’” Jessica said with quoting gestures.

“Maybe he changed his mind; after all, why would Kris date a Choi if he knows that his father wants a Chinese lady? I should probably talk about this with Gregory once he returns tomorrow.”

For the last time, Jessica rolled her eyes. Sometimes, her father can be such a gossiper.

--------------

Kris decided to drive slower to savor the time. Sooyoung is already asleep on her seat. The one hour ride suddenly became one hour and a half. When they arrived on her neighborhood, he decided to park a few meters away from her place to allow him time to watch her sleep. It maybe creepy in some sense, but he just like the sight of her sleeping peacefully.

Sooyoung stirs after some time, checking her wrist watch. It’s already twelve and there’s school tomorrow. She pulls herself up when she felt the car starts, “You are so peaceful that’s why I decided not to wake you up as soon as we arrived,” he said, maneuvering his car forward to her gate which opens right away.

After parking by the front porch, he moves out first, opening the door for her.

“I really enjoyed this night,” she said, looking so tired and sleepy which made him smile.

“And so do I,” he said, pulling her for a hug into which she leans into.

“Happy 100th day oppa,” she whispers feeling her eyelids droop.

He slowly parts, cupping her face, “I forgot about that. I am glad to know we made it this far, happy 100th day as well,” then leans forward to kiss her in the lips.

She just accepted the kiss which made him chuckle as he parts, “You look so sleepy like you could sleep a hundred years. Good morning and see you in school.”

With a sleepy smile, she finally gets inside their house as Kris finally leaves their front porch.

--------------

“Channie, I really want to sleep,” Sooyoung whines as they head on to their first class together.

“What have you been doing yesterday?” he asks as he aides her in getting inside the classroom.

“Stuffs and all,” she lazily replied, letting her head fall on her desk for a good sleep.

“Would you want to stay at the clinic so you can sleep in there?” he offers into which she agreed, not minding the fact that she will be skipping classes in some sense.

And just like that, she really did so. The nurse in there gave her the farthest bed where she could be disturbed the least. As Chanyeol heads back to their class, buzzing voices and rumors abound the hallways since the bell haven’t rung yet.

“I heard that the SC President and Kris Wu are dating.”

“Isn’t it cool? I mean they look good together.”

“Someone saw them on a dinner date together.”

“But why are they keeping it?”

“Someone even saw them sneaking out during the camp retreat.”

“I heard he is really into her even before.”

“There’s even a witness that saw the SC President leaving the condominium where he stays.”

“But I thought Chanyeol is her boyfriend.”

“Kris’s friends really want them to end up together. Isn’t it nice to have bunch of friends like that?”

And there are still more statements which he closed off in his senses. For once, he wished that her parents would learn about it, but then he doesn’t want to see her get hurt as well. Talk about mixed emotions.

--------------

Gregory Wu finally gets inside the conference room where the meeting will commence. He just arrived from another trip and decided to work already since he had been away for two weeks.

The meeting is just more on catching up and laying out new plans and projects. Right after the two-hour intended time, he adjourned the meeting.

Everyone stepped outside except for Mr. Jung who planned on having a private chat with him for a while.

“I hope your health favors what I will tell you,” Mr. Jung started as he relaxes on his seat. Gregory raises a brow, gathering the folders in front of him.

“Mr. Jung, if you are still insisting about the marriage between my son and your eldest daug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter