Chapter Fourteen

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He hates waking up in weekends but he has to. He has to submit their narrative report about the previous event in the school. All of his other friends had submitted earlier and he had to silently curse them for not informing him.

“Just leave it on my table,” their professor said when he met him by the hallway.

He his heels and proceeds to the said faculty office. There are other teachers present in there. After placing the said papers on the designated table, he hurriedly went out.

The sudden fall of the rain made him stop on his tracks. ‘Lucky me!’ he thought as he slows down. When he is already near the entrance, he sees a female figure standing near the edge of the front steps.

The familiarity of that backside up close and the luscious fall of those natural curls made his frown turn upside down. He took careful steps near her, stopping silently to watch the fall of the rain as well.

“Why are you here?” he asks, finally breaking the silence.

She jumps on her feet, looks at him with her hand placed atop her chest from being startled.

“Oh, you scared me!” she blinks.

He chuckles, “I’m sorry,” he looks back at her, and “So why are you here?” he asks again.

“Works from the SC’s office and I have to pass the statement of account as well,” she replies, taking a deep breath before resuming on what she is doing a while ago, reaching to let the rain fall on her hands.

The silence starts to fill them except for the pitter patter of the rain.

“I was wondering about what you said before you left me during the ball,” she retrieves her hand, shaking off the water to distract herself, “About being sweet and charming and gentleman and all.”

He lets out a chuckle, “Why do you ask? Do you doubt it?”

She bows her head to hide the blush on her face as she wipes off the water from her hand, “No, it’s just that I am still trying to grasp the idea that you can somehow be sweet, as opposed to what I always hear. Believe me, these past months, I have noticed you uhm … “she bit her lower lip, speechless.

“Does it come as a shock to you for me to be sweet?” he asks, loving the way she blushes.

“Have you been thinking about this issue since that night?” he asks afterwards and the abrupt turn of her head to meet his eyes made him smile, especially when she blushes even a deeper shade of scarlet.

He chuckles, standing straight to watch the rain fall. “I thought you only think of academics and your duty as the SC president. I didn’t know I was part of the list,” he said pocketing his hands.

She opens to speak but she is truly speechless since he is quite right. Ever since that night, she often finds herself thinking about him and his change of attitude or behavior. She decided to just keep close.

“I always wonder if you ever had a boyfriend,” he looks at her,”Did you?” he asks.

“I would be lying if I say I never had suitors but I honestly never had a boyfriend. I just don’t understand why they court me,” she replied, finally relaxing after a moment.

“I cannot blame them; after all, what is there not to like from you?” he tilted his head with that boyish smile that sent an unwanted army of butterflies in her stomach.

Her eyes widened when she looks at him followed by the blush on her face as she avoids his gaze on her.

“And I would like to try my luck if I may have the chance to –“

He was momentously interrupted by a loud call of her name.

“SOOYOUNG!”

Both of them turns to the right to see a running Chanyeol.

‘Be your first boyfriend,’ he continued mentally as he watches the Nerd approach them with that smile that never fails to leave his face.

‘He could be a toothpaste endorser,’ he thought, rolling his eyes when the guy finally joins them.

“Are you going home?” Chanyeol asks Sooyoung.

“Yeah, but I have to wait for my car,” she replied.

“I could send you home, your Mom won’t mind anyway,” he offers.

She turns to look at Kris, “Would you like to join us?”

Kris shook his head, “Our service car will arrive shortly. I have to meet my father anyways.”

“So, wait up in here, I’ll go get my car,” Chanyeol smiled at her againbeforejogging under the rain to get his car, totally ignoring Kris.

An awkward silence started to fill them again.

“What was that you were saying?” she asks again, sparing him a look.

“Forget about it, it’s nothing important anyways,” he replied just as Chanyeol parks his sleek blue Ferrari in front of them.

“I’ll go ahead then” she smiles then went to the open door of the car.

Kris can only watch the car leave the school ground.

--------------

When Chanyeol’s car finally gets to the highway, Sooyoung let out the air she had been holding way back in there.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asks, sparing her a look.

“I am fine,” she replies thriftily.

“You should not stress yourself much, that is not good for you,” he replies.

“I know, but I have responsibilities. You should be the first to know that,” she smiles at him.

“So what were the two of you talking about back in there?” he asks.

“Things about the last ball,” she replied, leaning on the seat to make herself comfortable as they stop on a traffic light.

“From what I see, looks like you had been thinking about him lately,” he replies.

“I would not deny that, it’s just that he seems to have changed.”

“You talk like you two were old friends when you barely share time with each other.”

“Chanyeol, you sound as jealous as what I can perceive,” she smiles.

“What if I am?” he turns to look at her.

The traffic light seems to have forgotten to turn green as she starts to get uneasy again from the way he looks at her. This is not the first time he had been like this. She actually knows what he really feels for her but she can’t just make him stop it since he is just persistent.

“Chanyeol we had talked about this. You’re just like a brot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter