Chapter Thirty

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s note: The medical terminologies used in here are true,but the predictions are purely fictional although some parts are really true. I am no just so sure since I barely had time to do research on such extent where I can expound the idea. Anyways, if you think what I wrote I somewhat wrong, then feel free to tell me. Enjoy.

-------------

The chill of the night’s wind blew over Kris as he squats in front of the slab of marble engraved with his father’s name. The place may have been dark and scary but those thoughts never crossed his mind.

He lets out a weary sigh, “Father, how are you today? Have you met her already?” Kris asks like he’s just talking to someone mute.

“I am so confused right now. I don’t know what to follow anymore. I know I despise you before but now with you gone seem like losing a compass which will help me go on my way. I don’t know if I should say that I was wrong for not listening because I saw her happy with Chanyeol or I am just at fault because I never happened to make a move to get to her again right after that incident at Luhan’s place.  Father, why does it hurt?”

Then the pull of gravity made the best of it as his tears finally fell down his face.

The cold wind that blew over him somehow cleared his mind.

Now, he understands why he is hurt. He is at fault. He keeps on saying that he will never let her go, nor hurt her but then, instead of working on getting her; he allowed his misery and loss to get the best of him. He closed himself from his friends, even to her right after the death of his father.

He looked like he accepted defeat over Chanyeol; he accepted his assumption that they will never be together. He held on much to what his father had said that he will only get her if Jisun is gone.

He chuckles at his realization, ‘I am a coward,’ he thought.

“But father, why am I scared? What am I scared of?” he said, wiping away the tears from his eyes.

“You are scared that you may both get hurt again if you try to have her back. You are scared of an uncertain future.”

He turns to see his older sister Jia who sat beside him.

“What are you doing here?” he asks right away, glad that there’s minimal illumination at the place or she will see his tears.

“Mom asks me to look for you,” she replies, placing the flower she had picked on the way on the marble grave.

“Right now, I don’t know if I should be thankful or not that I met her. I don’t know if this is history repeating itself or just my karma for being such a hard-headed son,” he sighs.

“It is not definitely your karma nor will it be history repeating itself. It will only be the latter if you will not move. Kris, you have seen the extent of what she will do for you as well. Defying your parents is something hard especially for someone like her. Are you just going to let all her effort go in the drain? Are you just going to let her go on with her life wondering what she might had done for you to leave her? Kris, she is hurting too; you know that,” Jia said, looking at her brother.

“What should I do? I don’t know what to do anymore; I am out of options already!” he exclaims, crumpling his head in frustration.

“I’ll try if I can have mother’s help so you can talk to Jisun himself. I am sure father had already told you just what you need to know. It’s time to know his side so you can figure out what to do next,” Jia smiles an assuringone at Kris.

The young lad returned the gesture as they allow the night’s wind to blow over them.

-------------

The releasing of the toga had commenced since the last practice had ended. The graduating batch is all excited as they grab their respective togas. Fei and Luhan had been on the lookout for Kris since Jia had mentioned that he will get his own toga and attend the ceremony. But looks like he is late or probably had someone sent over to get his.

“We are finally off to college!” Baekhyun cheered as he joins Luhan and Fei on the hallways. Tao and the rest are still waiting for theirs.

“Yeah, I can’t believe it that we will be finally off to college,” Luhan chuckles.

“Where’s the Ice Prince by the way?” Baekhyun asks.

“I don’t know if he will come or not,” Fei replies.

They just shared an awkward silence as they wait for the rest to get their togas. They had already planned a dinner together and looks like Kris will not be around again.

-------------

“Sooyoung.”

The addressed lady turns around as she is on her way back to the elevator to get to the SC office.

“Yes,” she smiles at Chanyeol.

“Congratulations for making it again. Do you have any plans tonight?” he asks, stopping a foot near her.

She looks radiant today with her summer green dress. Her face glows with the same radiance she have whenever she is in the mood.

“Mom and Dad had already planned a dinner for us, would you want to come over with your sister and parents? It will be great,” she offers instead.

Chanyeol stops for a while before staring at her, “Why are you so beautiful today?” he asks out of nowhere.

That one surely made the lady smile but then she’s caught off guard by what Chanyeol did afterwards.

He pulled her by waist, leaning down as he cups her face with his free hand letting his lips touch hers.

Her eyes widened as she remains immobilized for a while, her mind blank for any reaction. But then her reaction is too late for their lone spectator to witness. For the moment that guy sees them kissing, he stood for a while before turning around to leave.

She pushed him away, her hand instinctively landing on Chanyeol’s cheek.

Chanyeol, who had regained his bearing, turns to look at Sooyoung, apologizing for what he had done.

“You disappoint me too much Park Chanyeol,” then she turns on her heels, getting to where she is headed before.

-------------

That lone spectator mentioned is no other than Kris. Yes, he decided to pick up his toga and was currently on his way to get it when he sees Chanyeol tagging behind Sooyoung on the hallways. He wants to call her but stops when he sees them talking.

With just a blink of an eye, he sees them kissing.

What hurts and frustrating is that Sooyoung didn’t pushed him back.

He assumed that they are together already and turns around instead which was a mistake for he did not see how Sooyoung reacted when she finally realized the situation.

It’s either a faulty assumption or just plain fate working on the love story of the two. Whatever it is, both of them simply don’t know.

-------------

Graduation days had been widely celebrated in all countries around the world as a sign of achieving your goal for your schooling.  For elementary graduates, it is your door to get into high school, for high school, it is your door to step into college and pursue the dream you had been wishing to have.

The social hall of Eiden Academy bustles with people who want to witness another glorious day where the academy produces another set of well-equipped students into the society.  The proud parents take the space behind the rows of graduates as they all wait for their children to achieve their awards and diplomas.

Among the parents are the proud ones for the academic awardees especially the honorable mentions and the salutatorian and valedictorian.

As the ceremony progresses, Sooyoung had been eyeing the empty seat at the end of the row where Kris is supposed to be.

Even when the diplomas had been released, the awards, even when the Speaker had delivered his speech, not even a shadow of him appeared. When Sooyoung had started her valedictory address, she had missed some part since she was not able to stop the tears from falling.

The people had mistaken it as tears of joy and gratitude; but for those who know, it’s for the absent awardee that had been plaguing her mind for long.

Even when the ceremony ended, her smiles are faked as people starts to have their pictures taken with her.

“Congratulations,” Fei greeted as she hugs Sooyoung. The latter is not able to stop the tears falling from her eyes as she returns the hug.

“Sooyoung, you are going to ruin your make-up!” Baekhyun exclaims as he joins the hug which ended to a group hug. Sooyoung had to chuckle from their situation. It just turned awkward when Chanyeol joins them.

“I’m sorry Sooyoung, I am really, really sorry,” he apologizes.

Fei rolled her eyes at Chanyeol since she knows the reason why he is apologizing. For Sooyoung who can’t possibly hold a grudge against anyone for long, simply smiled and hugged Chanyeol.

The crowd finally thinned as everyone heads home for the celebration. Anyway, the celebrants of the ceremony will meet tonight for the graduation ball.

-------------

Everyone who arrives that night for the ball simply looks extravagant, glamorous, fabulous, whatever term you want to coin someone who wants to look best for their last night as high school. They rented one of those extravagant and expensive halls for that night.

Sooyoung had decided to get there alone; refusing her parents offer to have Chanyeol as her date. It’s not about the incident but she wants to enjoy the event alone.

The other people around had already gathered in groups, enjoying the music, the drinks and the food. Fei had arrived shortly before the other boys came in consecutively. She finally enjoyed the night as the said group allows her to joke around with them, lightening up her mood.

“Will Kris arrive tonight?” she asks, as the boys left the two ladies to get some refreshments.

“I am not sure. Jia Unnie hasn’t given me a definite answer when I asked her,” Fei replies.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter