Chapter Twenty Four

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fei slowly opens her eyes upon feeling a slight shake on her right arm. She is momentarily blinded by the light as her eyes finally adjust into a handsome face.

“Fei, it’s time to wake up,” the said guy smiled, making her wonder if she is just sleepy or is this dream or it is really reality.

She lifted her hand, caressing the face of the guy, “Are you rescuing me my dear prince?” she dreamily sighs.

There is momentary silence as the said guy’s grin grew even wider followed by his loud outburst which shook her awake. When she had finally had her senses all awake, she heard two laughing voices; a male and a female one.

“That was so cute,” Chanyeol laughs.

“You really can’t get over Chanyeol’s charm?” Sooyoung seconded who is laughing beside the startled Fei.

When it finally hits her, her cheeks burns as she hid herself under the sheets, letting out a frustrated scream.

--------------

There are two major events scheduled. For the morning, the Tree House Hunt.

“As we had said yesterday, there are more than a hundred trees inside this property. Last night, when everyone was asleep, we had set up same number of tree houses. But since this is a hunt, we set out only 20 real ones among the fake. How you would get to know if it is fake or not is up to you. There are clues anyways. This is purely out of intelligent instinct. The first to get 10 real tree houses will win.”

The race started right after the blow of the whistle. Fei is still blushing and the rest decided on interrogating her later after the race.

“Where do we start?” Kyungsoo asks, stretching.

“The nearest trees since everyone ran to the farthest ones,” Luhan points on the nearest one beside them.

There’s a hanging basket on the said tree. They check it and found a folded envelope. Inside is a trivial question under the category Ancient Civilization and Tao groans for being tested earlier.

“What’s with this camp? Why are they trying to burn my brain?” he complains.

The question goes this way: An ancient city of Italy, in the Campania Region, built at the mouth of the Sarnus River (now Sarno), a few miles south of Mount Vesuvius, between Herculaneum and Stabiae.

“Hey Kris, you took up more courses in history, I bet you can answer this,” Kyungsoo hands him the envelope.

“Hey, the fact that I am way ahead of you in academics doesn’t mean I know everything,” he retorts back.

“So we just stare at this question and wait for an answer to appear,” Xiumin sighs, totally drained by just the first question.

Baekhyun suddenly fishes for a hand phone which had their eyes widen.

“Whoa, how did you get your phone?” Fei points over.

“I have two phones if you forgot,” Baekhyun smirks and starts browsing.

“Here’s the answer,” he shows the answer to them but no one dares to get the pen on the basket to write the answer.

“We will not get to move if you guys will not write it. FYI, the second winning group yesterday cheated as well. One of the members secured a copy of the lists of the selected fruits. They just had difficulty searching for the right trees,” Baekhyun reasons out.

“But that doesn’t mean we have to do it as well,” Kyungsoo replies.

“Fine! Just this one so we can leave this freaking basket,” Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he scribbles the answer. He then tugs the rope as the basket starts to move up. After a while, it starts to move down with a red envelope instead.

They all jump in joy when they read what’s written on the paper inside the envelope.

“First real tree house cleared. Proceed for the next one.”

And just what they had agreed, they never bothered using Baekhyun’s phone. They are able to find ten real tree houses nearby after answering the following nine questions.

What is this flower that is deemed to be poisonous to cats? What do you call the ‘pound’ key on the keyboard (#)? What is the billionth digit in ‘pi’? What vitamin could we get in the rain? What is Cleopatra’s real name? What is Barbie’s full name? What is the only English word with two synonyms that are antonyms of each other? Translate this phrase: “JaCieKocham” Enumerate the ten human body parts that are 3-letters long.

They are the first to finish and Sooyoung is so glad to lead them to a secluded small falls flowing on a large lake that tails to a running stream.

“This is not a prize but since none had the chance to take a bath before the start of the game, we decided to let you guys use this after you finish the game. When you are done, we will then lead you to the bathroom to scrub properly.”

“Will you stay with us?” Baekhyun offers but Sooyoung refuses for she has to help in facilitating.

After tiring themselves of jumping and diving into the water, all of them finally submerge on the cool water. They didn’t remove their clothes from earlier since they don’t think it will be beneficial on them for the water is too cold for their comfort.

“Sometimes, I pity her for being too busy on her works as the SC President,” Fei starts, as they huddles near the mouth of the stream.

“Yeah, I thought before that being the President is cool and all; now that I finally realizes the duties you should be responsible of, I think it’s more of a chain,” Xiumin seconded.

“Hey Kris, any plan of telling your parents about her? Minor rumors are circulating around the campus and I don’t think your father will like it if he hears it from others,” Luhan asks the silent guy.

“Dad is not around; on a business trip as usual and will be back days after,” he calmly replied.

“How long have you been going on as girlfriend and boyfriend?” Baekhyun suddenly asks.

“We had been going out for 96 days already,” Kris replies with that bashful smile.

“Omo! We should celebrate your 100th day! We should surprise her! Oh I really can’t believe you guys will make it that far!” Fei blinks with clasped hands and lets out a very dreamy sigh.

“So what you and Sooyoung talked about last night?” Kyungsoo gestures over the female among them.

“I told her how we met Kris and all that crap he did when he saved us on the gang fight,” Fei grins.

All of them had their eyes wide open and only Kris had the nerve to glare at her.

“What nonsense had you spewed last night?” Kris asks.

“Hey, I built you up on her, you should be thankful at least,” Fei pouts.

A moving crowd going near them made them all stop and decide to scrub and change already.

--------------

The second major event is the Trail Race wherein they have to pass fifteen different stations. It took all of the participants more thanfive hours to finish. The teams that finishes had mud all over them, looking as dirty as ever; but nonetheless, they enjoyed the activities.

Right after dinner, they had the large camp fire as they all get amazed by the fireworks and the prizes for the winners. Kris and his friends garnered the second place after doing well on the Trail Race. They received medals as well as the same amount of gold coins each as those they earned for souvenir. For consolation prizes for the other teams, they received a small glass plaques with a single gold coin pasted on it.

That night, as everyone had an hour free time to just relax and talk to the other students, Luhan slips away with Sooyoung, hand in hand. He led her on one of three houses. Luhan tugs the basket as both of them looks up. Kris peeks down at them and scurries to get down the rope ladder on the tree’s trunk. When he finally lands, he waves a thank to the grinning pretty boy who left them right away after reminding them they only had an hour before the bell for lights off.

He let her get up on the small roofless tree house before he follows. Although the space is limited, it doesn’t make them a bit uncomfortable. After finding a suitable post, he allows her to lay on her back, her head carefully cushioned on his lap. 

She felt a run of pain once again on her head as she slightly winces from it.

“You should get yourself checked,” Kris sighs, running his knuckles slightly on her cheek.

“My parents are doctors and you should know that. This is just a by-product of being too busy recently from two tiring things; being the SC President and being Kris Wu’s girlfriend, the former more likely to be mentioned as the cause than the latter,” she chuckles, closing her eyes as she leans on his touch.

“And why is that?” he pries, loving it when she goes sweet.

“Because the latter brings butterflies into my stomach than the former and I just happen to be in love with my boyfriend,” she smiles, eyes still closes.

“Is it true that you saved Fei and the rest when we were still in junior high?” she asks again, her voice falling into a whisper as she finally relaxes by the way he caresses her cheek.

“Yeah and I can’t believe Fei had to spill that. That was supposed to be a secret,” he chuckles which he mirrors.

“Let’s go on a formal date when we return?” he offers.

That one surely made her open her eyes into which she regrets after a shot of pain runs on her head.

“Did your parents prescribe you any medicine?” he asks, worrying for real as he adjusts himself to hold her head.

“Yes, they gave me painkillers and the results of the lab tests were all saying about stress and school works,” she lied, not anymore wanting him to worry much more.

“Let’s get you down so you can rest,” Kris tries to sit her up but she resisted.

“I want to stay here with you for a little longer,” she whispers and he had no strength to counter it because he wants it as well. After being busy and all for the past week, they barely had time together; just an exchange of messages and calls and this one is surely a blessing.

Getting too caught up on their moment in silence that Kris has to silently curse when he felt the rope being tugged followed by Luhan’s voice.

“It’s fifteen minutes down to lights off; get down in here you love birds or else he will suspect.”

 Sooyoung chuckles when Kris silently curses again as she pulls herself up.

“Are you sure you will be fine? Would you want me to you back to your tent?” Kris asks as he guides Sooyoung down the tree house.

“Luhan can do that for me, besides we don’t want them to give any idea right?” she smiles and as much as he hates it, he has to consent to it.

He then turn to his pretty boy of  a friend, “ her back to their tent; she still feels a little dizzy.”

Luhan gives him a mock salute and led Sooyoung the way, gently holding her by the arm. She gives Kris one last look before finally leaving him there.

--------------

“What happened to her?” Chanyeol asks the moment he sees Luhan aiding Sooyoung back to their tent.

“She got dizzy on her way back; I had to let her rest for a while,” Luhan lied, winking secretly at Sooyoung.

“We should call your parents to pick you up,” Chanyeol sighs as he finally gets hold of Sooyoung, “Thanks for helping her,” he smiles at the pretty boy but the sight of Kris a few meters away looking at them made him doubt Luhan’s words.

“Let’s get you to the medical team,” he said and Sooyoung can’t object anymore.

The nurses who attended to her even insisted on calling her parents but she is really against it and even threatened Chanyeol that if they come and pick her up she will not talk to him ever. She silently rejoiced when the said guy gave in but then she decided to just abide to his wish that she stay under medical care for the night.

--------------

“Sooyoung baby,” Chanyeol cajoles the sleeping lady the very next day.

She opens a sleepy eye and smiles warmly at the sight of Chanyeol’s smiling face.

“Time for breakfast,” he said as he helps her up, “Do you feel okay now?” he asks, worried over her.

“I am fine already; can you call Fei for me?” she immediately asks as she accepts the tray of food.

“Girl-talk this early?” Chanyeol teases.

“You will never understand not unless you are a girl yourself,” she smiles as she grabs the spoon. Chanyeol sighs, leaning forward to kiss her forehead which startled her. Before she could react, he is already out.

The medical area or the tent that serves as the medical area is compartmentalized by curtains which serve as walls of each bed.  The tent’s walls were not fully stitched together that it hangs low on the ground. You can actually sneak on a bed near a corner if you will lift the cover. Nevertheless, the facilities were complete and the school is glad to know that there are no reported cases except for Sooyoung’s dizziness.

--------------

“It’s confirmed that Sooyoung really spent the night at the medical tent. I checked the said area earlier and she is the only reported patient. You can actually sneak to her on the corners. That tent is not much secured on the sides,” Tao relays as they are all heading for their buffet breakfast before they start packing up.

“Hey Fei, I heard you mistook Chanyeol for a prince when you slept over Sooyoung,” Luhan grins at Fei.

“What nonsense are you talking about?” Fei defends, but her cheeks are betraying her as the scenario sets in again in her mind.

“Oh, come on! Just admit it! Chanyeol said it himself,” Luhan rolls his eyes as all the boys’ turns to look at Fei.

“He said you even caressed his face asking if he has come to save you,” Luhan slyly grins as Fei finally blushes scarlet.

“So what if I did that?” she pouts, crossing her arms as they file in line to get breakfast.

The boys snickered as she rolls her eyes. Just as they thought they will never have any reason to again, Chanyeol’s voice disturbed them.

“Fei!”

Fei’s eyes widened as she turns to see him jogging to where they are. With the thought of not letting them hear whatever he will tell her, she ran to meet him halfway.

“Yes?” her wide twinkling eyes look up at Chanyeol.

“Will you join Sooyoung for breakfast? She wants to talk to you,” he smiles and it’s enough to make her blush.

“But,” she pauses, twiddling her two forefingers, “I haven’t got my tray yet.”

“I can get one for you, would you want anything in particular?” he smiles that charming disarming one that sent an army of unwanted butterflies gets wild in her stomach.

“Nothing,” then avoided his ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter