Chapter One

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So you are saying that all those times you never made a move to court her?” Baekhyun’s voice cut the growing silence on the table as everyone eyes the object of their conversation.

“Yeah, he never made a move. Quit acting martyr Kris. Being noble isn’t practiced anymore,” Luhan seconded.

“How did all start by the way?” Xiumin asked.

“It traces way back to grade 8,” Fei started.

All eyes turned to the only female around the table.

“I don’t know if it is about the challenge where the two of them were just picked randomly as a pair or the scene at the pool where she nearly drowned or at her gentle singing on one of those parties he had to attend or the … “Fei babbled on.

“That’s actually a list,” Kyungsoo blinked after Fei’s long recount.

“I think you missed the scene during the concert,” Kris pointed out, joining the conversation.

“See? He even knows what is missing on the whole list,” Fei gestured over the bored Kris.

He just smirked and grabbed his tray.

“Where are you going?” Tao asks as Kris stands.

“I am heading for my next class,” he replied.

“Leaving too soon? But isn’t it a bit early for that?” Luhan checks his watch.

“I am always on the hot seat so better leaving it for someone else,” he chuckled.

“But what about her picture on your wallet? Fei said you had one,” Baekhyun protested.

Kris had to glare at the female.

 

Without turning around he left the table, walking backwards exchanging playful remarks on his friends. Since they are busy throwing back and forth words regarding the picture on his wallet, he did not notice someone on his back.

He immediately bumped on whoever it is. A surprised female cry made him immediately turn around. His movements were fast as he grabs her hand, twisting her around into his arms before she could fall face-first on the floor. He cradled her in one arm close to him, his other hand still clutching the tray.  Papers are falling all around them and he concluded that it is what she is holding.

Surprised wide brown eyes looked up at him. He can feel her short and sharp intake of air from her body pressed on him. With everything that Fei had enumerated, this will surely come along those. But all of those mentioned encounters, this is the very intimate and closest he had with her.

The moment she blinked, the spell was broken. His friend’s playful whistles and the ringing rumors and gasps around them broke the barrier that made him deaf for a while. ‘Cafeteria really ,’ he thought after realizing that they are still at the crowded cafeteria.

She lowered her head, “I think you can let me go,” she whispered.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he apologized and let her go despite the annoyance of doing it.

She stepped back and gave a polite bow before she started picking up the scattered papers. Being the so-called gentleman, he helped her picking it up after placing his empty tray on a nearby vacant table.

“Here,” he handed her half of the papers. She accepted it, trying to hide her blushing face from the gesture of bowing.

He picked up his tray on the table and watched her go on straight to the open doors.

“WAY TO GO KRIS WU!” Luhan cheered.

He looked at the noisy table with his so-called friends who were all giving him thumb up signs. He just smirked and ignored them. He went on to the counter to deposit his tray and out of the crowded cafeteria.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

One would dream of actually being part of the student populace of the prestigious Eiden International Academy. Heir, heiress, prince, princess, spoiled rich brats, socialites, elites; name it and the academy has it. It is where wealthy children around the world go to so they can learn how to be suitable on whatever their parents will hand down to them. It’s like being one of those few privileged ones and people of same age as you admire or envy.

The school offers the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter