Chapter Four

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan waves on Kris who joins them in the music room where they are practicing. There goes that so-called ‘Charming Nerd’ near her. He had to just close his fist in silent fury as he ignores the scene with her and that guy.

“You okay? You look like you want to punch someone,” Luhan chuckled, but he knows already the reason for his behavior.

Kris sighed, “What do you do in blind dates?” he immediately asks.

Luhan spluttered on his drink, coughing afterwards.

“What?” he exclaims after regaining his composure.

“What do you do on blind dates?” Kris asks again.

Luhan stared at him, wide eyed for a while then the pretty boy broke into laughter till tears sprang on his eyes from.

Everyone inside the room looked at them and Kris had to stop himself from strangling his dear friend.

“Seriously, you don’t have any idea?” Luhan asks in between laughs.

“Would I be asking you if I had the vague idea of what people do on blind dates?” he looked pointedly at his laughing friend.

“Are you playing coy in here? Are you playing the innocent guy?” Luhan raised a brow at him.

“If you would not answer my question then forget about it. I can ask Baekhyun or Xiumin instead,” then he turned around to leave but Luhan is quick to pull him back.

“Hey, I am just kidding. Why are you so serious about blind dates anyway?” he asked as he gestures him to take a seat on one of the stools.

“Father dropped the bomb yesterday and if I didn’t fancy any of those ladies then I will have to follow their will regarding my future wife,” he sighed.

“But I thought they want you to choose, isn’t that what they said last year?” Luhan raised a brow again.

“You didn’t get it. I have to choose on the list they will provide, not to choose on my own free will,” he replied, exasperated.

Kris looked up to watch her play the drums again, mesmerized in the most painful way; because he can just look at her from afar.

“So are you still going to stay in your shell and let your parents work on your lovestory?” Luhan looks at him.

He let his fingers run through his hair as he let out a weary sigh, “I don’t know.”

“You know what; it’s never too late to make a move. Yes, rejection will hurt but what hurts the most is reminiscing about those ‘what ifs’ later in your life.”

He looked up at Luhan and the pretty boy is smiling warmly at him, gesturing over the lady behind the drum set.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kris presses his floor number and waits as the elevator moves up. When it opens, he went inside his unit and removed the paper bag inside his bag. He proceeds to the room at the left far-end of his space. After turning on the light, he opens the paper bag, removing its contents and arranging it neatly on the spaces around the room. After making sure everything’s set already, he switched off the lights a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter