Chapter Twenty Two

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 6k update ^0^

 

It has been three days since they had been officially together. Although they are still cautious about their actions at school, it doesn’t stop them from sneaking moments together.

“Are you free tonight?” Kris asks when he saw her leaning on her swivel chair at SC’s office right after lunch.

“Why are you asking?” she looks up at him, finally gathering all the papers on her table.

“I want you to meet someone,” he replies, a handsome smile blooming on his face.

“Okay, just pick me up at home, seven will do?” she chuckles, finding it amusing that he is smiling at her again.

“What’s funny?” he raises a brow.

“I should be asking you that,” she then stands up as he moves to get near her. Like it’s already expected, he reaches for her, enveloping her in his arms.

“I could live like this,” he whispers as her arms wrap itself on his waist.

She snuggles even more in his arms as they stay like that for a while.

“Have you told Chanyeol that we are going out already?” he asks, as they slowly sway.

“Not yet; I haven’t talked to him for long. He is too busy on the revisions for the school paper. It is a week delayed for its release and their adviser is making a fuss about it already,” she replies.

“That would explain why I haven’t seen him for a while,” he nods, celebrating inwardly for the delay.

“Where are we going tonight by the way?” she asks, parting to look up at him.

“To someone who has been with me ever since I was small,” he replied, pinching the bridge of her nose with such affection.

She giggles as he hugs her once more just as the bell starts to ring for the afternoon’s first period.

--------------

“I’m already in here.”

Sooyoung grabs her purse after reading his message and had a one last look over herself on the mirror before going out of her room. Her father is watching at the living room. Although her parents know already that she is seeing someone, they abide to her wish to keep the identity as of now. What she doesn’t know is that her mother knows who he is already and just helping her secretly in keeping his identity.

“I’ll go ahead Dad,” then kisses his forehead before going out.

“Don’t stay too late!” her father yelled from the inside which made her chuckle before yelling back a ‘yes.’

Kris is leaning on his car, playing with the car keys. He looks so casual with a plain white shirt and black pants.

“Hey beautiful,” he greets, pulling her to kiss her forehead.

“Should we be going now?” she looks up at him.

“Why are you in a rush?” he chuckles.

“Because I said I will be home before eleven,” she pouts. He gave a nod and opens the door for her.

They stopped on a small pastry shop to buy a cake for dessert before they finally stops on the same alleyway with stairs where he would always go to.

“Are we visiting a friend of yours? Is he sick or what?” she asks, her curiosity getting the best of her.

“Relax!” he reaches for her hand as they go up the stairs. They stopped on a purple gate and she even scolds him lightly for opening it without even knocking properly.

“Nana!” he calls out as he pulls her inside the small space inside the gate.

“Is that my baby Yifan?” an elderly female voice calls from the inside which made her chuckle when Kris grimaced from the said endearment.

The door slid open as an elderly woman, probably in her late 60’s already, looks at them. She stares back at them for a while before a knowing smile colors her face. “I promised you before that I will bring her here,” he reaches for Sooyoung with a one-arm hug in the waist, “Nana, meet Sooyoung, my Princess.”

Sooyoung looks up at Kris with startled expression. Although she knows that he refers to her as her princess, this is the first time he introduced her as ‘his princess.’

“You really are beautiful,” the woman smiled affectionately at her, “Come inside so you two can have your dinner,” then led the way inside.

“So this is why you asked me not to have dinner?” she whispers over Kris as he helps her by the door.

He wiggles his eyebrows in reply, finally getting her inside. The said cottage maybe small in the real sense, probably as large as her bedroom; but the way it is furnished and how the things are arranged makes it look cozy and spacious. He leads her to the table further the said cottage where there are foods laid. Her stomach grumbles form the sight as she slowly let her eyes feast on the said meal.

“Just call me Nana as well. Kris said that you eat well, so I hope you will have your fill tonight. Please, do eat,” the old lady smiles as she starts to eat. Sooyoung picks up her chopsticks, wondering what to eat first. After settling down, their meal went on with just comfortable silence as she continues eating till they had already cleared the table.

“Aigoo,” the woman sighs, looking affectionately at Sooyoung, “You really are beautiful.”

Sooyoung blushes, stopping for a while in clearing the table.

“Nana, you have been telling her that since she came in here. She might get scared of you,” Kris admonishes with a pout.

“Look at this kid lecture me,” she gives Kris a stern look, “Is it bad to appreciate such beauty?”

Sooyoung laughs as she puts away the dishes, “Sooyoung dear, leave it there. I’ll do it later,” the old woman calls as she abides to it.

Later, they are already enjoying the cake she brought.

“Nana, how do you manage to live here alone?” she asks, finally starting a conversation.

“I am already used on being alone. I would only ask Kris to visit me occasionally,” she replies.

“Who are your parents?” the old woman asks.

“My mother is Yoon Soo and my father is Ji Sun,” she replies, smiling at the old lady before taking a slice on the cake again.

Nana staresback at her, blinking for a few times before letting a bothered smile touch her face.

“Nana, is everything okay?” Kris notices the change in her demeanor.

“Nothing,” she spares Sooyoung a look, “I am just worried that she may gain a few pounds if she continues this eating habit.”

“Believe me Nana; no matter how much she takes, she never gains much weight. It’s good to know that she is really healthy,” Kris smiles fondly at Sooyoung who wipes off some icing near his mouth.

Nana let the two scan over some photo albums which she kept. As she washes the plates, she is contemplating whether she would call Kris’s mother or just warn off Kris. But the look that Kris gives the girl as well as the smile that touches his lips somehow tells that he will not be easily swayed by tales.

“Be careful on the road. Kindly send my regards to your mother Kris; tell her to come over for a visit if she has time,” she then reaches to hug Sooyoung instead and whispers, “Please doesn’t hurt him.”

Sooyoung returns the hug a bit tighter to assure her.

Kris bids his Nana goodbye before they finally left. He drives a bit slower than his usual pace. “Why are you driving slower?” she asks.

“It’s not yet ten forty, so I still have a few minutes before I rush you home,” he smiles, reaching to hold her hand.

“I really like Nana; she is like the grandmother that I wish to have,” she sighs, leaning on the chair.

“The grandmother weboth wish to have,” he replies.

She turns her head to watch him drive, suddenly feeling sleepy as she closes her eyes for a nap.

JJJJJJJJ

The weekends never had been this much anticipated for Sooyoung. She is thinking of what to do right after she had called Kris. Her parents are all at the hospital for a conference about the new changes they will employ for their expansion and to receive the foreign doctors who came to visit their hospital. She had asked permission and her parents are too busy over the matter to probe even further.

Suddenly all out of ideas, she decided to call him again.

“Kris?” she asks.

“Miss me already? Your last call was just fifteen minutes ago.” Kris replies on the other line.

“Whatever you dork. Can I come over in there? I am bored in here,” she bit her lower lip; silently giving herself a lecture about how inappropriate for a lady to do such thing.

“Sure! We will be very much willing to be with you!” Baekhyun’s voice replies instead.

She checks the caller ID and it is Kris’s number.

“Why do you have Kris’s phone?” she asks, alarmed by Baekhyun’s voice on the other line.

“Sooyoung, it’s weekends and they love staying at my place to pester me,” Kris chuckles after hearing Sooyoung’s alarmed voice.

“Will it be okay for me to come over?” she bit her lower lip, suddenly nervous of going.

“Of course! Do you want me to kick them out instead? I would definitely love it if you would say so,” Kris snickers and she hears the protests of his friends. Finally fixing her mind, she gives her word and starts preparing.

After the ten-minutes ride with her car, she proceeds to the basement parking lot’s elevator and presses his floor number. When the lifts open, she is surprised to see Kris leaning on the opposite wall of the elevator.  He is wearing a black shirt and a pair of faded jeans with his room slippers.

“Come, they are waiting for you,” he reaches for her hand and leads her to his unit. Loud laughing sounds greeted her the moment Kris opens the door. When the others notice their presence, they all turn silent before greeting her in chorus.

“Good morning Princess!”

She blushes from the address as she hears Kris chuckle from her reaction. “They don’t bite and you know that,” he then looks at the others, “Why don’t we go upstairs? It’s kind of boring in here already.”

All of them agree as they pull Sooyoung with them, ignoring Kris who had been protesting the moment they had grabbed her away from him.

The moment she had finally got acquainted with the good vibes of his friends, she joins Luhan, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun in singing their lungs out as she laughs along their jokes and hilarious antics and bickering.  Sooner, the whole studio is ringing with singing voices like that of a karaoke as Xiumin decided to just sit on his space with Kris on one of the stools. He is holding a camera and keeps on snapping pictures of the others.

“Since when did you get into photography?” Kris asks, quite startled when Xiumin takes a picture of him.

“This is my sister’s. I am just testing it. I will be sending it to her tomorrow so might as well let her get envious of my life in here,” Xiumin chuckles.

“Oh, I remember you sister. She’s in an all-girls school right?”

Xiumin gives a nod.

Fei notices him and Xiumin so she ran to pull them as they join the crowd getting wild on Baekhyun’s try on the song ‘Bang Bang’ of Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.

When they are tired goofing on singing, they all move to the bar counter as Xiumin makes a quick meal for them. Sooyoung notices the camera near the basket of fruits.

“Xiumin oppa is this yours?” she asks, picking up the said gadget.

The addressed one gives a nod as he moves to bring the food to each of them. Instead of getting into her food, she asks them to pose for a picture as she goes on using the said camera.

“You know how to use it?” Xiumin asks.

“It’s just like those basic camera I uses at home. What make it complicated are the lenses,” she smiles.

“Did you have photography? Your shots were very nice; very candid, just how a professional does,” Xiumin compliments, checking the photos she took.

“Chanyeol taught me how to do it,” she replies, finally eating her sandwich.

A heavy silence falls over them as they all turn to look at Kris. When Sooyoung realizes what she had just said, she turns to even check Kris. Much to his friends’ dismay and to Sooyoung’s relief, he is dozing off on the couch.

“Can I borrow your camera?” she looks at Xiumin with a mischievous smile.

“I have a polaroid camera at my cabinet, would you use it instead?” Fei offers, getting Sooyoung’s plan.

She gives a nod as Fei rushes to get the said camera. “I’ll just give it back after I am done with him,” then tiptoes near the sleeping Kris.

He is sleeping on his side, facing Luhan’s collection. When Sooyoung moves near him, bending down to take a picture of him, she was momentarily taken by the calm and soft features of the sleeping guy. She is caught by the innocence that he exudes in his vulnerable state as of now. A lovely smile paints her lips as she reaches to run her forefinger on his brows down to his nose bridge then his lips.

‘I love you,’ she thought and she was surprised when he smiled at her with closed eyes. “Dreaming something good?” she whispers then lifts the camera and takes a snap of his sleeping face.

--------------

By the time he woke up, the whole studio is silent. He blinks a few times and slowly pushes himself up on the couch. The others are taking a nap on Tao’s space. Fei is sleeping on the rocking chair near her space; her newest addition.  Sooyoung is nowhere near the others; as he tries to move out the couch, he felt the hold on his shirt and he almost laughed when he sees her sitting on the floor, leaning on the couch, cushioning her head with her folded arms but her right hand is clutching his shirt.  Her hair is very messy and there isPolaroid photos scattered on the floor near her. He picks up one of it and another one and another one and he had to stop himself from chuckling because all of those were stolen shots of him.

He slowly removes her grip on his shirt and picks up the photos. He saw the Polaroid camera near her and decided to do the same with her, but instead of just her, he decided to include the others.

‘How I would love their reaction when they saw these on my bulletin,’ he chuckles as he moves around to take pictures of them.

--------------

“Good evening beautiful,” Sooyoung opens her eyes and saw Kris smiling down at her. She felt the blanket above her and notices that she is on Kris’s bedroom.

“How did I get in here?” she asks, pulling herself. It’s already 6:27 pm on the digital clock placed on Kris’s side table.

“I brought you here; you are such a heavy sleeper,” then sits on the bedside, “The rest had left. Dinner’s already prepared. You have to eat before I bring you on a surprise,” he cups her face, planting a soft kiss on her forehead before pulling her out the bed with him, straight to the kitchen.

She reaches for his arm for support. “Are you okay?” he asks, worried about the way she scrunches her face.

“Just a bit dizzy,” she replies, trying to regain her balance. She is just caught off-guard when he sweeps her off her feet and carries her instead to the kitchen.

“You should stop working during your free time at the SC. It may bring a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter