Brother

Stop Ruining Me

Minutes later...

 

"I want you guys to look eachother in the eyes right now and discuss whatever problems you have with eachother. I'll come back in a little bit." The teacher said as she got up, walked out the classroom, and locked the door so Taehyung and I wouldn't escape from this trap.

 

"I guess it's just you and me." I said to him in an almost hushed voice.

 

"Why don't you just shush for once? I'm tired of your voice." He said and got up from his chair. I eyed him as he tried to open the window.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

 

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm trying to get out of this place!"

 

"But the teacher said to discuss the problems we have with each other." I stood up and clenched my fist.

 

"I'm pretty sure you already know my problem with you."

 

"I really don't."

 

"I hate you! That's my ing problem if you didn't already know!!"

 

"Why do you hate me?!?" I shouted. "You've been doing all these bull things to me with no reason whatsoever!"

 

"I do have a reason." He snapped.

 

"Then what is it?" I threw my hands up.

 

"I don't need to tell you. You'll find out yourself."

 

"When? When I'm old and wrinkly?!?"

 

"It's possible."

 

The classroom's door opened and there appeared the teacher. "Has anything progressed so far?" She asked.

 

"No." Taehyung and I said at the same time.

 

She sighed. "Taehyung, just go home now." She said and then looked at me. "Hana, you still have 3 and a half hours left of detention so you still have to stay here."

 

"I know." I said.

 

Taehyung walked out the classroom as I sat myself in a desk.

 

"I really thought this whole thing would work out." The teacher suddenly said.

 

"What made you think that?" I bitterly chuckled.

 

"My proffessor has always done that to my classmates since each of them would have hatred towards eachother. It always seemed to work out. But apparently, when I did that to you and Taehyung, it didn't go so well, did it?"

 

"That could be because Taehyung as a really strong hatred towards me. I asked him why, but he said I will find out myself."

 

"Did you have a bad past with him before all of this crap happened?"

 

"I guess I did, but I don't remember a thing. The past is something I tried to forget and eventually I did forget it."

 

"Why was forgetting your past a goal for you at the time?"

 

I stood there in silence, but I felt like I had to respond. "My brother." I said and became teary eyed. She said no more. She asked no more. All she did was look at me with sorrow and minded her own business. I wasn't sure if she knew what happened or what I meant, but she remained silent the whole time to give me some peace for once.

 

~ Author's POV ~

 

The teacher looked at the list of the students enrolled in this detention room. She looked deeper into the list and saw Hana's name. "Hana Park." She read quietly. "It's like I've heard that name before. She has a brother...her last name is Park..." She spoke to herself so quietly that Hana couldn't hear. "Why would she cry after she said "my brother"?" She was incredibly curious at this point.

 

She looked around in her desk. "Here we go." She said as she pulled out an old newspaper article titled "Death of Valedictorian & Role Model Student, Jonghyun Park." Part of the article read, "Popular student, Jonghyun Park, age 17, was pronouced dead at 9:35 pm. Witnesses said his little sister, Hana Park, was playing on the street and all of a sudden, a drunk driver who was later identified by his surname, Kim, drove on the same street she was on. Just when the car was speeding close to her, Jonghyun ran towards Hana and pushed her out of the car's way, causing him to be hit by the car instead. Jonghyun was quickly rushed to the hospital and died on the way there."

 


 

A/N:

 

Many of you wondered what happened to her brother...so there you go. Honestly, writing that one paragraph gave me the feels. Like seriously, I felt so bad writing what the brother did to die. If you didn't understand it, her brother was the reason why Hana tried and did forget her past. She felt so much guilt (she claims it's her fault for her brother's death) that she chose to forget the past and apparently she has forgotten too much because she doesn't remember what happened between her and Taehyung or her and Yoona or her and anybody else. You might wonder how can she forget so much and remember so little (like her brother's death). Did she have amnesia or something? Lol. No, she didn't have any of that. It's just that she's been doing things like brainwashing herself and telling herself that she has to be this and that for so long that one day she is a changed person, but still remembers bits and pieces of the past. Hopefully that makes sense.

 

I really hope you read the paragraph above this sentence because it's pretty important! 

 

Also, I apologize it's such a short update.

 

See you guys next time and take care!! ^^