Too Far

Stop Ruining Me

I slammed my bedroom's door behind me and locked it. I slid my back down and against the door. Knees were placed against my chest, and I hugged them; I rested my head on my knee cap. My body couldn't stop shaking, as tears ran down my red, bloated face. "Why am I crying?" I quietly asked myself. I was amazed that those words were able to come out of my mouth so clearly, and I didn't choke on them. The rest of my words did, on the other hand. But I said nothing more, and silently weeped.

 

Why am I crying? I thought. Well obviously, I just lost my best friend over the most stupidest thing Taehyung has done online. Even though I haven't seen what he's done, I can just assume and be right. I should be much stronger than to cry over that. I was strong. I was.  I never shedded a tear, since forever. Ok, maybe I have shedded a tear; everyone has. But I never cried so much in my life. I am letting him get to me, aren't I? What is to do about it?

 

"Hana...?" I heard mom ask from outside the door. "..are you ok?" Her words sounded so sympathetic and soothing, as always. It was hard to just ignore that kind of voice. I was tempted to respond to her, but I chose not to speak to her. If I were to say anything, my words would become a novel because there are too many things to explain, and much more tears to let out. Burdening it is. If I were to not to say anything, she wouldn't have to be involved, and I wouldn't have to feel burdened. Then again, not saying anything would give her a sign that I'm not ok anyways. Oh well.

 

Without a doubt, I heard her footsteps descend from my door. She was gone. Well, she was gone to go downstairs so technically she's still in this house. But she's gone from where I am right now.

 

I heard the doorbell ring and my head shot up from my knee cap. I quickly wiped my tears with the back of my hand. I knew that everytime we had guests, mom would make them go in our rooms and check the place out. It's quite weird, but it's the way it has to go.

 

I stood up, trying to find my balance. I have to look presentable. I thought and dusted off my clothes. Honestly, even if mom knows, or anybody knows there is something wrong with me, I can't let them see me as a wreck. I need to look strong so that people have a good impression on me, at least for now.

 

A knock came upon my door. "Taehyung is here." Mom said in an excited tone. My fingers were curling up into a fist, but I stopped it before doing so. I relaxed my hand and open the door with it, just to get this over with.

 

"Hello." I said, politely, and faked a smile. I can see mom looking at me in shock, thinking that there wasn't anything wrong with me afterall, and she was worried about nothing. Wrong she was, but let's just keep her thinking that way.

 

"Well I'm going to leave you guys be. If you're hungry, Taehyung, I left some snacks downstairs." Mom said...like she was going somewhere.

 

"Are you leaving?" I asked her for the sake of it.

 

"Yes, I'm going to go shopping with his mom." She smiled and jogged downstairs. My expression was blank, until she closed the door, signalling both of the moms were already gone--leaving me alone with Taehyung.

 

"At least Yoona's at home so I'm not completely alone." I said while being glared down by Taehyung.

 

"Actually, Yoona went to her friends house. That's what I heard..." He corrected and smiled evily as always. I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of my door frame. I closed the door on him, quickly, and locked the door. "Hey!!" He said while knocking on the door. "What are you doing?!?"

 

"It's not like you like me. Might as well not let you see me." I bluntly said from behind the door. "I'm doing you a favor." Yeah, I'm doing him the favor of not chopping his balls off and throwing it at him so hard that it will knock him out. I'm also doing myself a favor because obviously, just seeing him makes me mad enough.

 

His knocking became louder and interrupted my thoughts. All I did was stare at the door. Then, all of a sudden, he haulted his knocks. It became silent...too silent. I got suspicious, but I tried to ignore what was going on, and continue minding my own buisness. "I don't need to give him my attention." I whispered to myself. But it was so tempting to see what's going on. I squinted at the door knob. "Should I?" I slowly stepped closer to the door. "Please no jump scare. Please no jump scare." I prayed. I lightly placed my fingers on the knob, it. I unlocked the lock and shakingly, I turned the knob. I quickly swung open the door, and nothing happened. No jump scare; no nothing.

 

I poked my head out of my room to see if he was hiding somewhere in the hallway, about to scare me. Nope, he was nowhere to be found. I tip-toed downstairs, enable to find him. It may be weird why I'm trying to find Taehyung, when I tried to avoid him this whole time. Actually, I'm just afraid he would abuse something in this house and put the blame on me. Or do anything evil and put the blame on me. Also, my curiosity level is getting high. What is he doing in my own habitat?

 

"Taehyung?" I asked once I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Holy..." My jaw dropped as I scanned the living room. Mom's favorite flower vases were shattered on the floor. A mini, white statue we had was covered in permanent marker scribbles; more of those scribbles were on the walls. I walked closer to the tragic event, and was panicking at the same time. The gray couch was covered in orange juice--I assume. Our homemade wooden table had cat-like scratches on it. Everything else in this area was just as bad, and possibly worse. It looked like this home was broken into, and/or vandalized by a gang. It may seem as if I'm exaggerating, and I do admit I am. But half of my explanation is defintely no exaggeration. Instead, it's the truth.

 

Oh gawd, he is going to get a beating...from me! I am literally flustered right now. There is imaginery steam coming out of my ears right now. "TAEHYUNG!!!!" I yelled as loud as I did in the school hallway. I swear, I am going to have the biggest mental breakdown.

 

As I waited for that bastard to come out of his place, my heart was beating faster because I knew I was going to be in the worst situation ever once mom comes home. The punishment she gave me earlier this week was bad enough to me.

 

This is entirely un-believable. How can a highschooler, thought of and treated as an innocent boy, do such a thing to his mom's friend's house? I probably have to ask Taehyung myself...not. Actually, no matter his age, or age in general, anybody can do this. Even a little kid. This is no defense for him, whatsoever,

 

Anyways, Taehyung saying bad stuff about me offline and online is bad, but not that bad. Especially compared to this situation. In this situation, he took it way too far. He wrecked my house; mom's house; Yoona's house. I bet he's going to put all the blame on me, as usual. Just watch.