Chapter 16

Stop Ruining Me

From the look of her eye, I could tell she was fuming on the inside. Her face was turning red as she tried to hold in all the anger. She couldn't help but burst out yelling. "HANA PARK! HOW DARE YOU WRECK MY HOUSE? OUR HOUSE?!??!?" She shouted in my face so loudly that I was forced to step back with tears flowing down my eyes; my body was trembling so hard. 

 

"I didn't do anything!" I fought back. It's saddening to know she believes her own daughter did this to her house.

 

"Don't you in lie to me!" She said with a raised voice, but not a yelling voice. I never heard her use profanity before. But since she did, I'm assuming she's going to punch my teeth out in just a few seconds. So very carefully, I backed away a couple centimeters.

 

One more time, she seeked over me to look around the house to witness the horror. Her eyes became blurred with tears, as she saw her favorite flower vases on the floor, broken; grandma's priceless, white statue covered in permanent marker, including the walls; the couch stained with juice; the wooden table that dad created, himself, was full of scratches from a blade. There was much more she viewed over in silence.

 

Unexpectedly, a slap rushed across my face. Not just a slap, but mom's slap.

 

Tears flew out of my eyes as I quickly backed more and more away from her. Doing so, I held onto my cheek. "I'm sorry." I cried. Why was I apologizing? I didn't do anything wrong obviously. But who else could she think abused the house? Nobody. Absolutely nobody. It's better to just take the blame now to get it over with.

 

She grabbed one book out of the many scattered books on the floor. I could tell she was going to throw it at me and I have no choice than to just stand there. I would rather get the beating now than later.

 

I heard the door swing open, and appeared our neighbor, Mrs. Choi. Her jaw dropped when she was scanning the house and mom and I. I heard mom drop the book she was holding onto and walked closer to me. She whispered, "Go to your room." I didn't say anything back, but I did as she told.

 

I ran up the stairs and into my room. Quietly shutting my door, I wiped the tears off my cheek and headed to my vanity. I looked in the mirror just to see my red, puffy faced self. You can see the deep, red veins in my eyes, the hand mark on my cheek, and the running of my nose. I took a tissue to blow my nose, a hair tie get the tangled hair out of my face, and placed some headphones into my ears.

 

I walked to my bed and laid myself down as I sobbed. Blasting the music through my ears, I closed my eyes. At this point, I didn't care about what was going on downstairs or anywhere else. I wanted to just cancel out everything right now.

 


 

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling extremely relaxed at the moment and I don't even know why. "Naps can do wonders." I smirked to myself.

 

I realized the headphones were still plugged into my ears so I immediately stopped the music that was currently playing and took the headphones out. I checked my phone to see the time. Apparently, it was exactly 6:00pm.

 

~AUTHOR'S POV~

 

Hana looked at the time and realized it was exactly 6:oopm. After that, her tummy growled. "Do I really have to feed you?" She asked her tummy while looking at it and rubbing it.

 

She eventually got up from the bed and walked downstairs. The recent memories are coming at her: Taehyung, the ruined house, the blame, the guilt, the sadness, the almost-but-not-quite beating. Then there was the memory of Mrs. Choi coming through the door, examining the horror. Hana has wondered why the elder had come, but it's too obvious that everything will be explained to her later.

 

Hana got to the last step of the stairs and looked around before her foot touched the living room floor. From the kitchen, she heard some dishes moving and water running through the faucet. Assuming mom was doing the dishes as usual, Hana inferred that dinner was over. But it was only 6:00pm. A bit too early for her than usual. But without another thought, Hana walked to the kitchen anyways.

 

"Mom!" She hollered once she stepped in the kitchen. "Holy in...." She said.

 

~HANA'S POV~

 

"Holy in...." I said. "Taehyung, why the are you washing dishes in my house?!?!?!?!?!?!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. He quickly turned around from the sink and faced me. I gulped hard because there was just so much pressure being felt.

 

"I got caught, alright?" He asked me in an angry tone. I raised my brow, confused. "The stupid neighbor ratted me out since she's the one who saw me vandalize your house. Your mom called me over here and now I have to fix or replace whatever I damaged and do the most random chores in this house. Every. Single. Day."

 

I smacked my lips. "First of all, don't you even dare call Mrs. Choi stupid. Secondly, this is what you get. You deserve much worse, but I guess this is just the start."

 

"So you're hoping there's more to my punishment?" He cocked his brow.

 

"Indeed." I nodded. If only he wasn't allowed to enter this house again or get a nice, painful beating. But no, all he has to do is come to my house everyday, annoy the -lights out of me, and do some chores and fix whatever he damaged in this place. I guess it can be a lot since he did wrecked so much things, but at the same time, I guess not.

 

I tried my best to just ignore his sudden appearance and opened the fridge, scanning it to see what I can eat for now. "Hana??" Mom called my name from outside the kitchen.

 

"Yeah?" I hollered back. Afterwards, she entered the kitchen and looked at me shocked. "What?" I asked her.

 

"You're supposed to be joining Taehyung right now." She explained.

 

"Joining?"

 

"Oh yeah, I haven't told you yet! I'm adding another punishment for you. You're going to be doing the same things as Taehyung until everything is in good condition."

 

"You're asking me to clean, fix, and replace the things he damaged? Do chores that only he is supposed to do?" I widened my eyes at her.

 

"I'm not saying only you are going to do those things alone. I'm saying you're going to do those things with him."

 

"But what did I do now?!?"

 

"You didn't watch the house while he was here. If you did, this would have never happened."

 

"I didn't need to watch the damn house!" My attitude game was too strong, but I had no other choice than to be plain honest with her. "He is 17 years old. 17 mother ing years old!! How would I know it was necessary to look over a 17 year old??"

 

"I can't handle this anymore."

 

"Neither can I!" I fought back.

 

"This discussion is over." She said and stomped out of the kitchen.

 

I looked at Taehyung, realizing he was watching mom and I argue this whole time. "This is what I had to go through...because of you." I whimpered and tears were forcing their way out, but I did my best to hold them in.