Just A Little Fun

Stop Ruining Me

I took a morning jog around the neighborhood and then the rest of the city. This is probably what I should do every weekend to relieve my stress.

 

I saw a park nearby so I went there and skipped around the grass. "Hana?" Somebody asked. I stopped skipping and looked at who said my name.

 

"Luna!" I exclaimed and hugged her tightly. "It's so great to see you."

 

"Yes, it's great to see you too! Anyways, why are you up so early?"

 

"Oh, just to get some fresh air."

 

"Eh, fresh air will do since you must be suffocating a lot from the thoughts of Taehyung."

 

Her mentioning Taehyung already saddened my mood, but I didn't say anything about it. Instead, I just said, "Jimin told you about it already?"

 

"Yes, and I've already talked to Taehyung about it. He says he deeply apologizes, but I don't believe him," she said while laughing. "Trust me, I know when someone is lying because I've been lied to so many times. Lies are the reason to my divorce many years ago."

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were divorced..."

 

"Don't be sorry! My ex-husband should be sorry, ugh."

 

I laughed. "So anyways, back to the subject."

 

"Okay, well I told him to come over at my house today and I was planning to contact you later about coming over to my house too, but it looks like I can just tell you now."

 

"I would love to come over to your house, but can there not be Taehyung?"

 

"I want you guys to make up already so this can all be done and over with. I'm not saying it's only going to take one day for you guys to make up. It's going to take some more time, but we'll get there eventually."

 

"Knowing him, he would not come if he knew I was going to be there too."

 

"But he doesn't know you're going to be there. Even if he does, he shall always listen to me or else I'll beat him, but that's not the point."

 


 

I walked around the living room, nervous. "Everything will be okay as long as I'm here." Luna said as she patted my shoulder.

 

The door opened and Taehyung appeared. I gulped hard. "Hana?!?" he yelled.

 

"Hey, calm down!" Luna said. "You both sit on that couch now," she demanded and pointed to the couch.

 

I slowly walked over to that couch, and hesitantly sat down. He also did the same, but afterwards, he scooted further away from me. "Luna, what's going on?" he whined.

 

"Okay, let's first talk about you, Taehyung. Why do you hate Hana?" she asked and raised her brow.

 

"I don't hate her! We're buddies," he said and put his arm around my shoulders. I immediately took his arm off of me.

 

"If you were a "buddy" to her, you wouldn't make her suffer," she pointed out. "And if you're going to lie, lie better than that. It's too obvious you hate her and she hates you. You did such wrong things lately, Taehyung. I'm so disappointed in you..."

 

"There's no proof that I did those wrong things," he defended.

 

"I can spot a liar anytime. And you need to realize that lying is just going to make things worse. There's also no point in lying when we already know the truth."

 

"If you already know the truth, why would you question me about it?" he asked.

 

"I'm just testing you to see if you would lie to your own grandma," she said and walked away from us, but then slightly turned her head to look at Taehyung. "You're a really bad person, Taehyung. I'm suprised nobody has realized it, besides a few. Ugh, people are so guilabe; it's quite sad. Anyways, I'll be in my room. While I'm there, I want you guys to clean up around the pool together. It hasn't been touched since the incident the other day."

 

I watched as she walked upstairs and then got up from the couch with Taehyung. We both walked out and saw the pool there. "Everything seems fine," I said.

 

"There's beer cans everywhere," he said and then pick one up. "Aren't you going to help me?"

 

"Yeah, yeah, I am," I said and started picking some up.

 

"Why aren't you beating me right now?" he suddenly asked. "You tried to the last time I saw you. But why not now?"

 

"It sounds like you want a beating," I said and bitterly chuckled. "I'm having the urge to not beat you, but kill you right now. But today is such a lovely day, despite you being here. I honestly don't want wreck this lovely day with such violence. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have to die in my hands...at least for now. The time to kill you will soon come, so keep an eye open while you're sleeping." I was just trying to make him piss himself. I'm not actually going to kill him. I'm just going to beat him until he's almost dead *evilly laughs*. He looked at me, kind of afraid. "Oh, you shouldn't be scared of me. I'm the victim, remember? And since you asked me something, I'll ask you something: why aren't you being mean to me right now?" I picked up some more cans along with him.

 

"I'm just thinking about a lot of other things, besides making you suffer. Making you suffer is the least of my worries because it's so simple to do." He laughed to himself.

 

"You're such a monster..." I squinted at him.

 

"You made me into one. Now that we finally encounter after years of not seeing eachother, I can turn you into one, too, since for some reason you became this nice person you never were," he said and forcefully threw a can into the bag.

 

"Are you happy? I am already the monster I apparently used to be and at the same time I feel victimized. Well, to correct some things I just said, I'm not actually a monster now, but because of you, people see me as one. Somedays, I just wake up and cry because I didn't die in my sleep. That's how much I don't want to live because you constantly ruin everything that's good in my life. What a successful revenge! Now cut it out."

 

"Not until you or I can cut out Jimin and Luna from your life. Speaking of them, you need to stop talking to them like I told you to do."

 

"You're demands are irrelevant to me," I said. "I'm not going to stay away from them. If I distanced myself from Luna, she would be suspicious of why I'm doing that and then probably blame you in the end. If I don't distance myself from her, you'll still be blamed. So either way, you're going to be blamed. And same thing with Jimin. I guess you're kind of stuck." I laughed. I looked at his facial expression and it wasn't so good. "Oh, are you sad because you can't completely destroy my life? Face it, Taehyung. This is reality! There's certain people I will meet throughout my life that you can't get rid of. Not everything will always go the way you want it to."

 

He picked up the last beer can and threw it into the bag. I can tell he ran out of words to say since he was so quiet. I decided to not say anything either and just enjoy this silence between us. Afterwards, I tied up the plastic bag and threw it into Luna's large trash bin that was by the gates. "Hana!" I suddenly heard from behind. I turned around to spot mom beside Luna. I walked over them while my heart beat was getting faster by the second. I'm scared there's going to be more trouble ocurring since mom is here.

 

Luna soon went inside and left mom and I out here. Taehyung was over by the pool with his headphones in, so I know he won't be listening to our conversation.

 

"How did you know I was here?" I asked mom.

 

"Luna contacted me and said you were here in case you never contacted me about it."

 

"Okay, so are you here to pick me up? You know I'm not going to leave at this moment, right?"

 

"What's the point of staying here right now?"

 

"Why do you suddenly care?"

 

"The more you're here, the more you'll be attached to this place. The more you're attached to this place, you will most likely end up living in this place."

 

"You're saying you want me to live at home and not here just so you can scold me every single day for every single thing I didn't do? I'm tired of living with you and Yoona and I bet you guys are tired of living with me too. The constant fighting between us is making our relationship unhealthier by the minute and it would be better if we distance ourselves from eachother."

 

She looked at me shocked. "You're overreacting. And are you saying you are actually going to live here at Luna's?"

 

"I never said that, but I'm just simply confessing what I feel. Plus, living here for a while wouldn't be so bad."

 

"You must out of your mind. I'm not going to let my daughter live at a stranger's house!"

 

"Actually, I'm the daughter you don't want. Remember when you said you wished I wasn't your daughter? And Luna is no stranger to you. You've known her for as long as you've known Mrs. Kim, which is like over a decade."

 

She looked at me for a minute without saying a word. Then, she sighed and opened , ready to speak. "I was just angered at the moment. You know I didn't mean to say I wish you weren't my daughter."

 

"I know you, mom. You would never say something unless you meant it."

 

She blew the bangs out of her face, irritated. "So now what? Are you going to live here with Luna or not?"

 

"I most likely will, but only if Luna accepts my request to stay here. Honestly, I think it's best for you and I. I'm no counselor, but I have a feeling that if we don't see eachother for a while, we'll change the way we see eachother when we meet in the future. Seeing someone you hate everyday usually never changes your point of view of them. But if you just distance yourself from them, there's a chance you will see them differently later on." Holy crap, where did I get what I said from? I literally just made all of this up, but it kind of makes sense for some reason. It's not truly accurate, but it's a good start.

 

"Well, I guess you're right," she said and I looked at her shocked. That's like the first time she's believed/agreed with me in forever. Or maybe she only believed/agreed with me because she's happy I won't be in her house for a while. 

 

Anyways, maybe I should admit that it really pays off to use wise words and not swear at her face. But don't get me wrong, I still might swear at her face.

 

"I think that's an excellent idea," I heard Luna say as she was walking to us from behind mom. I'm assuming she heard our conversation from inside the house. Damn, she has good ears. "Let Hana stay with me for just a couple months and you can visit her whenever you like," Luna said to her. Psshh, I doubt she'll ever visit me, but whatever.

 

"Okay, just remind Hana to get her stuff at home sometime today. Bye!" Mom said and left us.

 

"You really want me to stay here?" I asked Luna. Honestly, this was happening too fast. It's quite overwhelming, but I guess it'll end up being alright.

 

"Of course! Your mother is not an easy person, usually. I'm surprised that she agreed on letting you stay here."

 

"Yeah, it wasn't so easy until I gave her a discussion on distancing ourselves from eachother for the better. Plus, I think she was hoping on me staying here anyways but she was acting like she didn't want me to stay here so I would acknowledge that she still likes me when she really doesn't."

 

"She does not dislike you. She's your mother, she has to love you. It's just that maybe she feels so overwhelmed and angered or upset at the moment. I know moms can be unfair and rude, but at the end of the day, we still love you. Though, I could be wrong because every mother is different. Anyways, after you stay here for a while and if you still feel unsatisfied with the way your mother acts when you meet her again, take her to a counselor or something. I've never been in such a situation with my mom so I'm not sure about what else you can do," she explained.

 


 

I never really talked to Taehyung ever since I silenced him at the pool earlier. 

 

I heard the front door close. "He's gone!" I exclaimed.

 

I laid on the bed inside the bedroom I slept in on the first day I met Luna. Here in this fluffy bed, I'm thinking about this whole day...well...it hasn't been a day yet. It's just the afternoon at the moment.

 

No progress have been made with Taehyung obviously. We still hate eachother, but he hates me much more. It's been so long and I still don't know why he does this to me.

 

I got up from the bed and walked around the room since it got boring looking at the ceiling.

 

I glanced over at the book shelf and there was this one book that really stood out to me. It didn't have a title and had a lot of crayon scribbles on it. I grabbed that book and opened it. I quickly gasped when I found a picture attached to the page. "Jonghyun," I said as my lip trembled a little. "Why is there a picture of him?" I examined the page and found writing under the picture. "This is my best friend," I read aloud. "His name is Park Jonghyun." I could barely read the writing since it looked like it was written by a kindergartner.

 

"Hana," a voice said from outside my door. I placed the book where it belonged and walked over to the door and opened it to see Luna standing here. "You better go get your things from home."

 

"Got it," I said and headed down stairs.

 


 

"Wake up, sleepy head!" Luna yelled as she opened my door. "Taehyung's here."

 

I groaned. "Does that have to do anything with me?"

 

"Yes, it does. I invited him over here so you two can bond more."

 

"How can we bond if all we do is talk crap to eachother? We'll never have a good, innocent conversation..."

 

"If he can't talk positive to you, you talk positive to him."

 

"I can't help but swear at his annoying face."

 

I got up from bed anyways and walked downstairs with Luna. I reached the last step and saw Taehyung standing by the couch. "I have some chores for the both you of you to do," Luna said. "Here's the list." She handed me the list and I looked at Taehyung. "You both do each chore together or else I'll make things even more complicated," she continued and opened the front door. "I'll be visiting an old friend. Once I come back, you two better be in better terms than before." We both watched her leave the house.

 

"I hate you," Taehyung said.

 

"Yeah, I know. And saying you hate me every time we meet isn't going to change much, so might as well stop wasting your time by saying it. Anyways, first on this list is to do the dishes. Let's go to the kitchen," I said and walked towards there. I didn't hear any footsteps behind me so I turned around just a little bit to take a peek at him. "This is not for me, this is for Luna. Whether you like it or not, it up and do what your grandmother says." I heard him growl and follow me from behind.

 

He grabbed the bottle of dish soap and squeezed the bottle, making the soap squirt on my face. I looked at him angrily. All he did was laugh at me. "Whatcha gonna do about it?" he asked and cocked his brow. I looked for another bottle of soap and found one. I grabbed it and squeezed it so the soap squirted at him. He looked at me seriously while the soap was dripping from his face. "Oh, it's on!" He squirted soap on my clothes and I did the same as well.

 

"Yah!" I yelled and then some squirt got into my mouth. "Ew!" I spit some of it out and continued battling.

 

We were soon covered in dish soap once he ran out with the bottle he had. I aimed the last few ounces of soap left in the bottle at his hair. "Not the hair...no, not the hair!" he screamed as I backed up from him. I squirted the soap in his hair and then ran outside since the backyard was literally right there. He didn't give up when it came to chasing me, but at least I had a lot of energy to run away from him.

 

We ran around the pool multiple times until he finally caught up to me. "No!" I yelled while laughing. For some reason, he dragged me into the pool with him, making me panic. Luckily, I was fast enough to hold my breath before we entered the water. I thought he was trying to drown me, but he carried me with him above the water. My heart started beating fast because of how scared I was.

 

The foam of the dish soap on us surround our bodies. "Did I scare you?" he asked while laughing evily. "That was my goal since you did that to my hair."

 

"What's so great about your hair?" I asked him. While he was trying to come up with a good answer, I noticed his hands were on my waist so that I wouldn't sink since I can't swim. I was going to yell at him to let go, but I would drown because of that. I wonder if he notices his hands are on my waist as well. I mean, he should since he's in control of his body, but maybe he did it without thinking much about it.

 

One of his hands suddenly let go of my waist and I saw him get a large amount of foam on his hand and patted my whole face with it. "Now I can't see your ugly face," he said and chuckled.

 


 

Author's Note: Hello!

 

I know, I know. I really at writing fun stuff, even just a little. But hey, at least I tried *wink wink*.

 

 I hope you've all been well. Has anyone started school yet? I'm actually starting school this Monday and just thinking about it gives me anxiety lol. I'm pretty sure this school year is going to be a much busier year for me so I doubt I will update as often as you would like. But please know that I will always try my best to update as often as I can.

 

If you don't like my slow updates, feel free to unsubscribe. You have every right to do so and it's not going to hurt my feelings, don't worry.