James Lee

How To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In office, Ella was busy with preparation for the special edition. That means, Rahui was busy to prepare it too. She had no time to look at her phone, her circles were just inside the office… and business partner if she had to meet them. Gaining friends now for her was easy. She talked to them freely about anything, it was half of Soo Hyuk’s effort too if she remembered about it.

“Hey,” called someone. Ella was spacing out, the result of the never ending brainstorming. She couldn’t get any idea for the special edition, yet it had to be published before the next three weeks. She looked at the caller, oh, it was a man. Standing tall, too handsome to be a model yet worked as a CCO for this company.

“Hello,” she replied politely. “Do you need anything, James?” he is a Korean-American, with the name of James Lee. He prefers to use his English name rather than his Korean name, Lee Joo Hyun. James was just smiling and shaking his head. “Then?”

“Just watching you brainstorming. In reality, you’re spacing out,” he laughed than she chuckled. “Oh here, I brought you food,” he said, giving her a plastic bag of food. She looked at it. Expensive one, rarely she could see it from any of her colleague eating. Yet this man, in front of her, gave this expensive-yet-delicious food to her.

“Oh, thanks,” she said, rather surprised. She was kind of guilty by him buying this food to her. But she couldn’t reject anyway.

“Maybe, it’s gonna help you brainstorming by the way,” he said and she just nodded. “Eat it and can’t wait for the meeting,” he said and touched her shoulder, giving her a fighting spirit to do her work. She smiled.

Rahui looked at their interaction from the distance. She wanted explanation from Ella later. Rahui approached her, in the same time James walked passing her and gave a smile as a greeting. Rahui smiled back for politeness.

“Hey, girl,” Rahui said, bending her arm on Ella’s desk. “Busy?” she asked and Ella just smirked. Rahui knew she asked an obvious question ever that Ella didn’t need to answer it. Rahui looked around Ella’s desk and saw a wrap of food. James must be giving it to her, she thought. She decided to ask out of her curiousity. “What’s that?” she pointed it to the wrapping. Ella looked at where Rahui pointed.

“Oh, food,” she answered lazily while busy typing here and there on the screen.

“You must not buy it,” Rahui said.

“Ehem,” Ella acknowledged it. She knew Rahui must be curious about it. “James gave it,” she said with a lower voice, afraid if others noticed it. Rahui just nodded.

“I eat one, okay?” Rahui asked while in her mind playing thoughts and uncertain conclusion. Ella nodded and Rahui took a piece of sushi from the wrap. Rahui noticed that James had given Ella the most expensive and delicious sushi in town. Anyway, Rahui thought she got a right to demand Ella for telling her things.

“You already got your idea?” Ella asked her. Rahui was busy munching, so she just nodded. “Okay, I’ll hear it later,” Ella said.

“Oh yeah, I’ll stop at your place later,” Rahui said and Ella just nodded. Ella didn’t bother anymore if Rahui came to her place at anytime.

The meeting was about to start in 30 minutes again. Ella was eating some of the food James had given her because Rahui fed her. She didn’t have a time to eat it by herself because of the late idea that came to her mind and she had to complete it.

“Let’s go,” Ella said while munching her sushi then Rahui followed her.

...

On this month edition, they would have a photograph with famous model in Korea that already went international. Being in a catwalk in Paris, Milan, even New York. It was an honored to do it with those models. And the boss demanded a great article that didn’t discuss simple fashion, so Ella and Rahui had to research things.

“Good luck then,” James said to her while passing Rahui and her by. Ella just replied it with a smile and Rahui just acted with her smile too while observing James’ expression.

“Looks like you got an admirer, girl,” Rahui said and Ella just smirked.

“Don’t start,” Ella shoved Rahui’s arm. “By the way, I don’t have time to think about those,” she explained. Rahui rolled her eyes listening Ella’s point of view.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter