25 to 27

How To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Adding one age to your life it means new responsibilities that you have to take care of. That’s what it meant to Ella. She is 25. She didn’t celebrate with glamorous party. More than party, she got things to do. Twenty five. A number where Ella couldn’t have fun because she had to do her work. But she did spare a time for her family and friends.

After work, Ella’s close friends and Dongwoo came to her house. Just for a visit. Even though Dongwoo already met her at the office, he already told her for coming to her house. At last, they went home together with separate cars. Minutes later, Soo Hyuk, Rahui, and Seojun came. She didn’t know about this.

“Happy birthday,” Ella opened the door and found Soo Hyuk stood there. He hugged her and kissed her cheek. Then he came in to meet Mrs. Ryu. Rahui and Seojun came too. Rahui hugged her bestfriend and Seojun high-fived with Ella. They all went it left Ella zoned out. She didn’t even believe their attendance.

Ella thought Soo Hyuk would be busy with his photoshoot, but he explained that it was all done. She thought Rahui couldn’t come because she planned for a check-up but she came anyway with Seojun. They sat down on the dining room.

Not long from that, the bell rang again. Ella quickly walked to the front and found the Lees came. She was confused. Mrs. Lee hugged her and Mr. Lee shook her hand. Ella zoned out again. “Mom, do you plan this?” she asked her mom curiously and she just smiled. “With who?” then Ella guessed further.

“No, I’m just inviting the Lees. But apparently, there are more and I didn’t involve in that,” her mom explained and she already knew that Mrs. Lee invited Soo Hyuk then Soo Hyuk told the other as well (except Dongwoo).

They prayed together before starting dinner. Her mom prayed for the best of her daughter and Ella was touched with that. She had been living with her mom after her dad died and her mom did so many great things for her, yet anything she did couldn’t reply what her mom had done. Yet she knew that her mom didn’t need all of those material things because she’s already proud of what Ella had done.

No cakes, just a simple dinner. Mrs. Ryu cooked all the food. Then the parents were talking again. Rahui and Seojun spent time in front of the TV. Dongwoo got home first, because he had another appointment and left Ella and Soo Hyuk who were talking on the backyard.

“It’s been a long time since I see you cry,” Soo Hyuk said. They were sitting on the bench. Ella glared at him and he just laughed.

“Tears of joy,” Ella said. They were just enjoying the night view. The air was a bit cold, Ella sensed of the coming of a rain.

“Happy 25,” Soo Hyuk said.

“You said that already.”

“Well… I just wanna say it once again.”

“Thanks,” Ella said and suddenly the situation supported them to talk deeply face to face. “I’m really thankful, Soo Hyuk-a for the past 5 years as my bestfriend,” she said. Soo Hyuk then turned to look at her. “And… I don’t know we become like this,” she looked at him too.

“I’m thankful too, Ella-ya,” he said, facing front. “It’s great to know each other well, and suddenly I want to hug you right now,” then he hugged Ella warmly. She was so thankful of Soo Hyuk her tears were starting to come out but she held it. He hugged her tightly.

“Ella-ya.”

“Hm?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter