Start of something new

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV

 [8 December, 2010]

“BEEP BEEP YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MESSAGE BEEP BEEP”

  

From: Ji Eun

Oppa! REAL will be released tomorrow! Are you excited? :DDD

From: Seobbie Oppa

Of course! ㅋㅋSince you haven’t give me a teaser yet, I will have to stream and listen to it only after it’s released. Like any other of your fans out there ㅜㅜ

From: Ji Eun

Oppa. You should know you’re not any other fan of mine; you’re my boyfriend who happens to not get any privilege from the impartial me! ^^

From: Seobbie Oppa

I guess your #1 fan boy a.k.a. boyfriend will have to continue waiting ):

From: Ji Eun

Please anticipate! There’s only 9 hours left to 9th December 00.00! ㅋㅋ ^^


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

I'm nervous for later! ㅋㅋㅋ

15 minutes ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

IU's REAL album will be released soon!

6 hours ago


twitterdp1.jpghelloimys     양요서비

It's a busy day and I can't wait for it to end! T^T

15 hours ago


[After 20 minutes]

I strolled down the streets with my usual black back pack and all my large poster cards in hand.

 

“Ahjumma! I’m here for the flowers!” I popped into the shop.

“Well, here you go” She smiled warmly while handing the bouquet over.

“Thanks for staying in into the night for me. I really really appreciate it” I hugged her thankfully.

“It’s nothing. Flowers are only pretty when they’re fresh, dear. Hurry and go~” She waved and gestured me to leave the shop.

“I’ll visit when I’m free!” I yelled after turning back for a last glance.

 

I smelled the flowers. It wasn’t champagne roses today. I got a bouquet of blue forget-me-nots for a change. It gave off a tender sweet-smelling scent which relaxes me a little.

I continued walking, past the Chinese restaurant at the end of the street and cross a junction. Man! This journey takes such a long time! It never took this long to walk her home every time after our ice cream ‘date’. Not really a date since we’re not together yet, but yeah, you get what I mean ;)

 

‘It didn’t occur to me that Ji Eun always ran this long to meet me at the café’ I smiled inwardly at the thought of it.

 

Thinking of her made time move faster. Within minutes, I found myself in front of her lobby, staring into blank space while remembering that memorable night. It never fails to cheer me up more than I already was. I looked up and counted quietly: 12th floor, 4th window. Checked; the lights are switched on. Then I sat on the steps in front of the lobby and waited. I stared at my watch, knowing that it wouldn’t move faster even if I continued staring.

 

‘There’s still 10 minutes. What should I do now? Hmm… Oh yes! I forgot something!’

 

I grabbed all my belongings and took the elevator up.

 

“12th floor, please. Thank you” I said politely to the ahjumma in the same elevator as me.

 

She couldn’t take her eyes off me, probably due to the fact that I look like a child who just ran away from home with all my stuff. She nearly asked if I wanted to stay over at her apartment for a night. When the elevator door opened, I silently thanked god for letting me escape the awkward situation in there just now. Just before the door closes, I manage to bow lightly and thank the ahjumma once more. I tip-toed stealthily to Ji Eun’s apartment and placed the bouquet in front of her doorstep. Time check; five more minutes. With that, I got down to the lobby in the speed of light and prepared my surprise :DDD

From: Seobbie Oppa

I’m waiting, Ji Eun-ah… ):

From: Ji Eun

It’s so fun to be looking forward to the next day! ^^

From: Seobbie Oppa

Yeah, it sure is fun for you. Oh look! The clock just struck 12! Look down :DDD

Third person POV

 

Yoseob waited for a minute or so before seeing a small head pop out of the 4th window from the 12th floor. He held the cards high above his head. IU eyes widened at his presence but still managed to keep calm and read the words on the card slowly.

 

Yoseob had eight cards stacked together in his hands and all of them are written in different colors of the rainbow.

 

Today is your big day, a special day, He took away the first card and threw it on the sidewalk.

The day you release your dae bak album.He revealed the third card and repeated the cycle another five times.

On this day, I just want you to know.

Among all these fans, there’s an insignificant me supporting you.

I’ll always be here for you.

For you to fall back on, to protect you from the world,

As a #1 fan and your boyfriend.

For you are my RAINBOW, my everything

 

“Oppa!” Yoseob saw tears welling up in IU’s eyes.

 

Immediately, he dropped his last card, brought his fist next to his puppy eyes and raised them in an up-and-down motion. He then showed a big X with his arms and pouted cutely. Seeing his actions bring back IU’s bright smile, he smiled too. After gathering all the cards strewn all over the place painstakingly, Yoseob made his way up to IU’s apartment.


 

When the elevator door opens on the 12th floor, IU's wide grin and her visibly tear-streaked face was the first thing to appear before Yoseob's eyes. She stood there, right in front of him with the lovely bouquet of forget-me-nots already in her hands. After Yoseob took his first step out of the elevator, IU went into his arms and they cuddled sweetly. It’s been more than a week since they last hugged. Both of the enjoyed the sweet moment until Yoseob finally broke the silence.

 

He cleared his throat before starting and IU looked up at him.

 

“Ji Eun-ie, do you suppose I can stay for the night?” After completing the sentence with the sweetest voice he could force out, Yoseob flashed a grin at IU.

“Erm…” She looked down at the forget-me-nots.

“I just thought it was getting a little late now… If you feel uncomfortable about it then its alright!” He still kept the smile on his face despite feeling a little disappointed.

“Omo! It’s getting really late… Alright! Oppa shall acompany me tonight!” IU glanced at Yoseob’s watch and decided.

“Yayy! Sleep over!” Yoseob cheered softly while IU linked arms with him.

 

They entered the apartment together and slammed the door shut after them.


 

A/N: Hi peeps! Idk why you guys think I'm ending the story just like that. I'm not~ :DDDD My timeline is actually planned till December 2011 LOL. And there's really a lot left to write :O 

Next, I started a new story~ Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me, it's another IUseob fic and the foreword is duper short. Kay, shameless advertising is about all! xD