Operation

The Story Only We Knew

Doojoon’s POV

 

“This kid is a sleepyhead I swear! The operation ended 6 hours ago and he’s still sleeping!? Aish!” I said in an annoyed tone.

“Oppa! Don’t speak so loudly! You might wake him up…” Ji Eun shushed me.

“He deserves some rest… He kept himself awake consecutively for a few nights last week, remember?” Kiki reminded me.

“Oh right…” I nodded.

“Why would he do that?” Ji Eun asked in shock.

“He’s afraid that his vocals might not be able to reach full potential when he wakes up for recording the next day.” I explained.

 

Kiki, Ji Eun and I have been stoning in this room for the past 2 hours, staring at Yoseobbie sleep. We rushed down after our Music Core recording just for this? I was getting really bored of waiting. I wonder how Ji Eun manages it so well. She's been staring at Seobbie since forever. No, even longer than that. Eternity should be the word :O

 

“Kiki, let’s go get a cup of coffee…” I initiated. “Ji Eun-ah, do you want to come along?”

“No, It's okay. I’ll watch over oppa, in case anything happens.” She said with a muffled yawn, her eyes still on Yoseobbie.

“Fine then, we’ll be back as soon as possible” Kiki said and we closed the door after us.

“Doojoon-ah, you think Ji Eun likes Seobbie? She kept her eyes on him without looking away once ever since we reached the ward…” Kiki asked while touching his chin.

“Maybe, maybe not.” I yawned.

 

It was tiring for someone as athletic as me to sit there and just stare at someone’s sleeping face for 2 hours. Especially so when I’ve seen this same face every morning when I wake up and when I go to bed every night and he’s not even my wife or girlfriend >-< Seobbie is cute, yes, and we’re close, duper close. But looking at him sleeping quietly is too boring, since he’s the chatterbox and pet of our group – he always keeps the conversations alive without fail. I hope he wakes up soon. I’m starting to miss his non-stop chatters about random topics.


Third person POV

 

“Oppa, shouldn’t you be waking up already? How long more do you want me to wait? I’m worried… Please wake up and tell me you’re okay” IU said sadly.

 

As if Yoseob heard her clearly in his dreams, his eyes opened wearily and darted from left to right.

 

“Oppa! Hi!” IU smiled brightly, welcoming him back to reality.

 

Yoseob smiled weakly while holding on to his throat. He can’t seem to force out any sounds. All he gave was a soft yelp and he cringed in pain. Looking at him, IU felt a sharp pain in her left chest.

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Oppa! Don’t do that! Don’t put stress on your vocals!” She to calm me down. “The doctor did say you won’t be able to speak for a few days… But it would all go back to normal after a while”

 

My eyes widened.

 

‘What? No talking for days!? Now, that could seriously kill me’ I screamed in my head.

 

“Are you hungry, oppa?” Ji Eun asked while pouring me a mug of water.

 

I nodded and received the mug from her. I gulped the water in one shot, feeling a mild pain in my throat.

 

“I’ll get you some porridge from the hospital café. Just hold on for a bit, alright? I’ll be back as soon as possible” She smiled and ran out of the ward.

 

Shortly after she left, Kiki and Doojoon came walking in with coffees in their hands.

 

“Seobbie! You finally woke up!” Doojoon put down his cup of coffee and shook me vigorously till I felt a little giddy.

“But where’s IU?” Kiki asked after searching the ward. “Did she leave for home already?”

 

I shook my head and I acted out the eating action, hoping they will understand me.

 

“Can’t you talk?” I shook my head again.

 

Aish! All this nodding and shaking was making me giddy. I shall rest a bit and ignore Doo Doo and Kiki since I can’t talk much anyway.


 

I opened my eyes once again, only to find Ji Eun leaning on my bedside, sound asleep. The ward was quiet and empty.

 

‘Where’s the boys?’ I wondered curiously. ‘Hmm... Maybe they got bored and went for a walk around this level.’

 

Thinking that, I walked out of the ward to look for them. Immediately after I opened the ward door, I closed it once again. Why? Because the corridors outside looked like a typical horror movie setting and I'm scared ): I might be a boy, but I still had fears! I crawled back into my bed obediently and stared at all corners of the ward. I tried to look for a clock, watch, phone or any other devices that showed the time, but my attempt failed.

 

My eyes landed on Ji Eun, again. Sub-consciously, I would always look, or rather, stare at her. Her eyelashes, her flat nose, her silky long hair, her pink lips… Everything of hers just seems to be attracting all the attention my eyes could possibly offer. And I can’t look away. She’s too pretty – I just can’t bear to do that.

 

Third person POV

 

“Oppa, oppa! Are you okay?” IU asked worriedly while waving her hand up close in front of Yoseob’s face.

 

Yoseob shot back to reality. He gave her a warm smile and a ‘OK’ sign.

 

“Great. You scared me.” She placed her hand on her chest while giving out a loud sigh of relief. “Here, have some porridge… Do you need me to feed you oppa? Can you manage by yourself?”

 

I liked how she was making a big fuss out of me. I pointed at the food then at her then my mouth.

 

“I get it” She immediately scoops out a spoonful of porridge and offered it to me.

 

I ate it quickly with a grin plastered on my face and gave her a thumb up. Maybe it was originally delicious, or maybe it was the fact that Ji Eun was feeding me. How I wish she could come every day to take care of me until I completely recover. But too bad – I was to be discharged the day after tomorrow. ):