Drama

The Story Only We Knew

 

Third person POV

[13 December, 2010]

“Ji Eun-ah, wake up already~” Yoseob sang softly into IU’s ears.

“Five more minutes…” IU muttered in an inaudible voice.

 

Without a second word, Yoseob picked up IU’s pink guitar by her side table and started strumming on it. He strummed on random notes and sang IU a self-composed wake up song.

 

“Wake up~ You sleepy head wake up~” Yoseob screeched in his falsetto voice.

 

Suddenly, an idea struck Yoseob.

 

“Ije wake up, wake up, wake up wake wake up~ Just wake up, wake up, wake up wake wake up~” He chirped into IU’s ears.

“It’s official, I’m fully awake…” IU groaned and threw a soft toy at Yoseob.

“Wash up quickly! I’ll prepare breakfast for now!” Yoseob urged and flashed her a grin as he put the soft toy back in place.

“Tell me, oppa. Why am I up so early?” IU pouted and buried her face into the pillow she was hugging.

“It’s a special day today!” He explained, exhilarated.


 

“Ji Eun-ah, you have a new text…” Yoseob shifted his gaze from the television set to IU’s phone screen, “…from Sohee.”

“Coming!” IU shouted from the back of the kitchen.

 

She rushed from the kitchen into the living within seconds and grabbed her phone with twinkling eyes and an unconscious smile.

 

“Who is she?” Yoseob questioned curiously as he looked over IU’s shoulder while attempting to peep at IU’s reply to the mysterious girl.

“Is this Sohee the Wonder Girl’s Sohee?” Yoseob asked once more whilst poking IU to grab her attention since she didn’t reply to his previous question.

 

He felt the need to know all her close friends. The best way to know your girlfriend is through her girlfriends right? She only shows her true self to her close friends and they are the only ones who understand her the most; this Sohee might be one of them.

 

“A fan…” IU contemplated while holding her fingers to her chin, deep in thought. “No, a little more than that. She’s a good friend.”

 

Yoseob stared at IU’s cute reaction. She smiled sweetly immediately after ending her statement. This girl must mean a lot to her and she must be special enough to be a friend-like fan to IU.

 

From: Sohee

Unnie! Are you okay?

From: Ji Eun Unnie ^o^

Why? I’m fine, don’t worry about me, Sohee-ah… ^^

From: Sohee

My friends said some sasaeng fans caught you hanging out a lot with Yoseob oppa

these days… They’re speculating if you’re dating him. I’m worried, unnie. Please be

very careful. But I’m really curious… Is it true?

From: Ji Eun Unnie

I don’t want to lie to you, but please keep this secret for me. It’ll be between us alright?

Don’t worry about me, I’ll be extra careful. College examinations are approaching, am I right?

Are you studying well? Kekeke ^^v

 

From: Sohee

Yes, it’s going to come real soon, I’m scared >.< Congrats unnie!

Yoseob oppa is a really sweet person! I’m happy for you!

From: Ji Eun Unnie

Thank you! Don’t be scared, study well and everything will turn out fine (:

From: Sohee

I will, unnie. Don’t worry! If you ever need any help to distract the sasaeng

and go out safely for dates, you know you can count on me! Kekeke ^^

From: Ji Eun Unnie

I will! Thank you in advance! :P

From: Sohee

You’re welcome; that’s the least I can do for you… I’m going to start studying now, have a nice day! ^^ …And last a long time, unnie~ :P

 

“Now, tell me. Who’s this Sohee girl? I wanna know. Ji Eun-ah~” Yoseob whined childishly to get IU's attention, seeing how immersed she was in texting that girl and had been ignoring his presence most of the time.

“Hmm… It’s a long story, too much to tell.” IU shrugged off his question and switched to another channel.  

“Tell me, tell me everything. I want ALL the details!” Yoseob straighten his posture and stared at IU intently, waiting for her to start her story.

“Sohee, Jung Sohee. You can call her my number one fan. But she’s also one of my close friend, almost as close as Suzy and Jiyeon.” IU started.

 

Yoseob nodded and waited patiently for her to continue her story.

 

“She’s been following me ever since my debut. I remember a few days ago when none of my fans manage to get into the studio during a music show recording. Sohee was the only one who got in. She screamed the fan chant at the top of her lungs to root for me. And that very night, I had my first win for ‘Good Day’. I almost cried when saying my thank you speech, all because of her… I’m so thankful to have fans like her. She motivated me to strive harder when I felt lost..” IU trailed off with a shaky voice.

“Ji Eun-ah, cheer up…” Yoseob wrapped his arms around her and ran his fingers through her hair. “Sohee wouldn’t like it if she sees you crying, would she?”

 

IU nodded and her sobs softened.

{Did you know? Jung Sohee is NOT a fictional

character. IU mentioned her in one of the Strong

Heart episodes she appeared on.}

“Anyway, today is a special day!” Yoseob shrieked randomly.

“What’s with the ‘today is a special day’ thing? You’ve been repeating it non-stop since the moment I woke up, oppa” IU rubbed her tears away and probed with interest.

“You…don’t remember?” Yoseob’s eyes narrowed into slits.

 

IU shook her head with her eyes still glued to his face, reading his expressions.

 

“Not even a clue?”

“What? It for sure isn’t two two day or something of those sort!” She retorted cautiously.

“It’s exactly one year from when we first met! How could you!?” Yoseob pointed at IU accusingly with his other hand on his waist.

“Is that why you stayed over for the night? So that we could be together the whole day today?” She asked, still seemingly oblivious of Yoseob’s intentions.

“You don’t say, Ji Eun” He replied in a reprimanding tone.

“Oops” IU stuck out her tongue, knowing that the cute little gesture would definitely get her out of trouble with Yoseob.


 

“WHAT!? HE DIDN’T RETURN FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT!? WHERE DID HE GO!?” Doojoon screamed in fury.

“I’m not sure..?” Kikwang replied meekly in front of the raging leader.

“As a matter of fact, he said he’d just pay IU a small visit before heading home last night.” Hyunseung gave a nonchalant shrug.

“He went directly after our post celebration. He even told you!” Junhyung pointed at Doojoon and raised an eyebrow.

“Apparently, someone was too drunk to realize whatever was happening to his surroundings…” Dongwoon teased.

“Maknae! You’ll get it from me later. Now someone, anyone. Get Yang Yoseob’s back here right nowwwwww!” Doojoon yelled.

“Chill dude!” Junhyung spat out while headlocking Doojoon.

“Whatever is gonna happen to Ji Eun!? What if they… Ji Eun! My poor innocent dongsaengie!” Doojoon wailed melodramatically.

“You mad, bro? Stop it” Hyunseung rolled his eyes at the drama queen.

“Hyung! We have to trust Yoseob hyung! Where’s our mutual trust huh?!” Dongwoon piped.

“Beauties are always the cause for a hero’s downfall” Kikwang reasoned out.

“SO WE’RE GOING TO FALL!?” Doojoon’s eyes widened. “Our fan club is called B2UTY, guys! GUYS!?”

“Stop it, you drama queen. Nothing is gonna happen to us. Nor will anything happen to seob and IU okay? Now, can you get back to making breakfast?” Hyunseung said impatiently.

“One day of break from work and you have to act up so randomly…” Junhyung heaved a loud sigh.

“Hurry! We’re hungry already!” Dongwoon and Kikwang chorused.

 

Grudgingly, the temporary Cinderella went back into the kitchen to continue his chores as the remaining B2ST lazed around the house.

 

‘This is so unfair! Just because Yangderella isn’t here, I have to do all the work. I’m the leader for goodness heavens! He’ll get it from me when he gets back. That insolent boy… Ji Eun-ah…’ He thought dreadfully as his thoughts continue to wander.


 

My apologies for the lack of updates recently. I just got back from the beach and I thought I should just gather all my inspiration and update now since the AFF immigration is done...It should be safe right, guys? O.O If this disappears I'm going to bawl my eyes out, literally ;~~; On a side note, unsubscribers are making me very upset. But I'm glad you guys are still with me. I love you guys, really 

 

P.S. Sorry about the random B2ST moments and some 9gag language scattered around xD