Star Dance Battle: Part II

The Story Only We Knew

A/N: I swear this chapter is longer than my punishment of writing a 2,000-word essay on why I fell asleep during physics lesson when I was still in secondary school xD I know this chappie is a little sloppy, but hope you guys would make the best out of it. Also, thanks for commenting and giving me motivation to continue this. You guys are the best, you know it right? I really love you guys out there. Thanks for staying with me. It's been so many chapters and you're still by my side ♥ Believe it or not, I spent 2 hours trying to embed the videos but I still failed. Sorry! ): 


Junhyung’s POV

 

“MBC ace Chuseok special show! The most exciting dance battle between stars. 2010, STAR DANCE BATTLE!” The MC cued the intro.

 

All of us stood up after the cameras zoomed out, cheering and clapping, being as rowdy as possible. I glanced over at Yoseob.

 

“Distracted again” I muttered under my breath as I nudged him to stand up and clap along before PD-nim catches him not following the instructions given.

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

The MCs rattled on non-stop as my eyes focused on a certain someone.

 

“You couldn’t make it more obvious, darling Seobbie” Jun hyung whispered into my ears.

“Oh… Sorry..”

“It’s alright. But make sure you don’t lose focus during our performance.” He warned. “If it does then you won’t only be apologizing to me. I hope you understand what I mean, Seobbie”

 

I just smiled at Junhyung, gave a slight nod and turned back to focis at the MCs talking. They mentioned Kim Shin Young sunbae’s parodies. She was really funny. Her talent to come out with new gags amazes me and never fails to make me break out into fits of laughter. She IS that funny, trust me. Her plump body was just plus points in between her gags. I have to admit that she’s an awesome entertainer.

 

After chatting with a few sunbaes, the official battle started. Our team, Chubby team, kicked off the battle with ‘Miss A’ performing a broadway musical song, I wasn’t sure what song it is though – I wasn’t very much interested in broadway musicals. But the background had a large neon sign that spells ‘FAME’. Miss A just debuted two months ago and they’re invited onto Star Dance Battle. That was a pretty amazing feat. Those girls were really good in dancing and they were duper flexible.

 

From the side of my eyes, I saw Kiki’s jaw drop while staring at Min and I giggled at him. I went over, held his lower jaw and push shut his mouth. I swore his jaw was going to be dislocated if i offered my help any later. He’s obsessed with Min. Every time when Miss A comes onto TV, he keeps his eyes on no one but her. Like how I couldn’t keep my eyes off Ji Eun-ie.

 

As the song continued, I stood up on my seat and started jumping up and down to the beats.

 

‘They’re doing great. We would definitely win.’ I thought confidently.

 

They soon ended the song with a bang as Jia stretched her long legs on the bar and Fei split. Well, kind of. I’m not really sure who is who xD

 

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qZ_fL-c67w

 

After SECRET from Shorty team ended their dance, I was pretty upset with the results – our group lost. I was so confident a few minutes ago! I guess I was wrong to assume things ):

 

Next up was Kim Kyung Jin. He covered Dongwoonie’s favorite – Narsha. But his version of ‘Biribaba’ was pretty disgusting and rather hilarious. I prefer not to dwell on it too much. Dongwoonie couldn’t handle it too, although he was a fan of the original singer xD

 

He was up against the leader of the other team, Haha. Haha hyung’s group consisted of ZE:A’s KwangHee and some other first generation idols. KwangHee was really epic. His voice broke during the post interview and sent all of us laughing with his witty comment, “I wished the kids could be here with me, but we are not that popular yet so the company started sending me out for schedules first to boost our popularity”. I wouldn’t be able to come out with things like this. I think he joined the wrong industry or something. He should be a comedian instead of an idol!

 

Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwDkk894HOk

 

Round 3 was the battle of After School and 4Minute, our label mate. 4Minute started off really well, and I was super excited. I followed their moves and I think the camera caught me off guard. Embarrassed much ): During the switch in music, the girls were supposed to strip off their white overalls to reveal their black outfits under it. But poor HyunA had some problems with her outfit, and Shin Young had to go out and help her with it. I’m guessing the flow wasn’t there, that’s why our team lost ): But Kahi noona was really y and did well for her performance despite having a shoulder injury. Her professionalism is impressive.

 

Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nppvUmcZpU

 

The highly anticipated 4th round was finally here. While Ji Eun and the crew was preparing her chair and guitar for her, I yelled loudly.

 

“IU fighting!”

 

Oops. Too loud? Everyone turned to look at me and they started laughing.

 

“Yah! Yoseob-ah! She’s from our opponent’s team!” Juri noona looked at me with burning eyes.

 

When she started with the acoustic version of the song, I swayed with the rhythm and sang along with her. Then, the music switched to the pop version and she started dancing. I stood up and cheered loudly for her. Kiki was holding onto me, trying to stop me desperately but I wriggled free from his grasp and continued cheering. Hyunseung just smiled while looking at her with a blank expression. He looked pretty silly in my opinion! I followed Ji Eun’s moves throughout most parts of her song whilst singing along with her. Hyunseung forced me down on my seat and I sat down reluctantly.

 

“Wake up wake up wake up wake wake wake up!” I chirped.

“You look like a barking puppy. Stop it, oppa!” HyunA turned to the back and attempted to stop me.

 

The song ended too soon. I stood up, held both hands together and yelled enthusiastically.

 

“Yah! The camera is filming!” Hyunseung shook me violently but I ignored him.

 

It doesn’t matter. I don’t care if the camera is on me or not. I just had to give Ji Eun my fullest support :DDD

 

IU (Queen): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XIRVMqNjFw

 

I took a long time to calm down. Right next was Dongho and he cross-dressed. I was shocked because he looked so pretty and cute with his big pink ribbon and wig. I’m proud of this little brother of mine – he could pull off cross-dressing so well. Maybe even better than me! :DD They sang Orange Caramel’s ‘Magic Girl’. I totally loved the part where they added all the dance of their own group in the middle of the song. It was awesome!

 

During the post interview, we got exposed by one of the ladies sitting in front that we were cheering far too loud for our opposing team. When they asked us for a reason, Doojoon just replied “You can’t stop a human’s instincts.” I laughed hard at that, but it was pretty much a fact :P Right after that, Ji Eun was asked to give us a wink. Although she looked at Doojoon when winking, it still sent my heart fluttering *-*

 

The results released straight after was disappointing. Yes, our group won, Dongho won. It’s a good thing. But it meant that Ji Eun lost. How could she have lost? She was so good during her performance! All of the boys looked around, confused. They must be thinking the same thing as me. Well, things don’t always go the way we want it to be, right? ):

 

Milk Caramel + Post-interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVoZ6xY3dk [A/N: Credit to the subbing team in 'Over Zero', Infinite's fan club for subbing this precious video. Too cute! Sung Jong actually used his wig to cover himself xD]

 

“It’s finally our turn!” Junhyung said while stretching himself.

“Time to rock and roll!” Doojoon said.

 

During the switch in music, I walked over to Mir and Jinwoon. We did an american handshake while Jinwoon pointed a thumbs down at me. I stuck my tongue out at him while laughing and went back to the formation. The song went on and we did as well as during rehearsal. Which is a good thing. And we enjoyed the stage a lot (:

 

After us was MBLAQ. Our dancing skills were on par. But I have to say that their dance style was more charismatic than ours. The finale was dae bak! Once Joon hyung’s shirt was torn, I knew we would lose so I wasn’t actually expecting a win xD

 

Round 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VLEs2MXpwY&feature=related

 

Third person POV

Round 6:

Kim Ji Sun with MBLAQ's Mir (Covers Lee Hyo Ri's 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang') 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3SmwWTGrXc&feature=related 

vs.

Jung Juri with BEAST's Lee Kikwang (Covers Tae Yang's 'I need a Girl')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtAJSa4zCs

  

Round 7:

RecyClone [Kim Na Young, Ahn Young Mi] (revisit the 90’s)

vs.

Women Generation [Jang Young Ran, Kim Sae Rom, Goo Ji Sung] (Covers SES)

 

Round 8:

Seo In Young (y and charismatic)

vs.

Chae Yeon (Lady Gaga)

 

Round 9:

2AM (covers Miss A's 'Bad Girl Good Girl')

vs.

Kim Shin Young (Miss A's 'Bad Girl Good Girl' parody)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fKf-32XmB4


[In IU’s waiting room]

Yoseob’s head appeared from behind the door and he peeked in carefully.

 

“Ji Eun-ie…” He called out softly.

“OPPA!!!” IU jumped in front of him.

“You scared me, Ji Eun-ah!” He said while messing her hair.

“Come in! Why are you standing outside?” IU stretched out both hands and pulled Yoseob into her waiting room.

“But it’s not good! We’re alone!”

“What’s wrong with being alone?” She turned to look at Yoseob with questioning eyes after closing the door.

“Erm.. Nothing?” Yoseob gulped as his eyes darted from left to right and back to left again.

“Why are you so nervous?” IU gave him a massage on his shoulders.

“Nothing!” Yoseob shrugged lightly and walked towards the couch with IU following behind.

“Why are you here, oppa?”

“Just came over to see you before leaving. Are you okay? Are you hurt from the wrestling match just now?” Yoseob smiled sweetly at IU.

“Yes!” She pouted and pointed to her ankle. “Here. I think I twisted it or something. It hurts when I walk. Especially in my heels.”

“Really!? Let me see!” Yoseob knelt down almost immediately and took off her heels.

“Hmm… It’s a little swollen” He examined her leg like a historian studying a newly dug out artifact.

"Oppa! I realised you're pretty close with MBLAQ and Jinwoon oppa? You came over to them just now halfway through your performance..."

"You saw?" Yoseob said, without looking up from her ankle.

"I was at the first row, sitting next to Seulong and Kwonnie oppa!"

"I didn't see you! Perhaps it was too dark in there just now" Yoseob is still analysing how to go about treating her ankle.

"Can you show me the hat trick you did during the performance? I really liked it a lot! Show me pleasee~"

"It's easy! Like this!" He placed IU's ankle down and started doing his little trick.

"Awesome!" IU clapped after he finished off with a small bow.

“Owww…” She whined softly as Yoseob held her ankle once again.

“Sorry! Did I hurt you? Was I grabbing it too hard? Sorry, Ji Eun-ah!” Yoseob was freaking out.

“It’s alright, oppa…”

“Ji Eun-ah! We need to rush for another schedule! You’d better hurry…” IU’s manager broke the silence.

 

He stared at the scene in front of him. His artiste sitting on the couch with one of her shoes off and a guy kneeling on the floor, grabbing onto her ankle.

 

‘Are they filming ‘Cinderella’ or something!?’ He wanted to ask.

 

But he didn’t because he figured out it was too rude.

 

“Oh, hyung…” Yoseob stammered.

“Yoseob! I haven’t seen you since the collaboration stage in January! How are you doing?”

“Fine, thank you” Yoseob stood up and scratched his head awkwardly.

“What were you two doing?”

“Ji Eun twisted her ankle. It’s best you give her some treatment before sending her off for her next schedule. Sorry, I have to rush back. Bye!” He finished his long sentence in a breath and rushed out of the room without even biding IU farewell.

“Cute” IU muttered in between smiles.


[In BEAST’s dorm]

Yoseob’s POV

 

I took out my phone and stared at the wallpaper.

"Oh yes! How could i forget that!?" I scolded myself and started typing on my phone.

 

From: Seobbie Oppa

Ji Eun-ah! Sorry I left without saying anything to you this evening! ㅜㅜ

From: Ji Eun

It’s alright, oppa! I understand. You just felt awkward around manager oppa right?

From: Seobbie Oppa

I’m glad you can understand me (:

From: Ji Eun

How could I not? We’ve known one another for such

a long time already~ 3 more months and it’ll be a year (:

From: Seobbie Oppa

You’ve been counting? :O

From: Ji Eun

Not really. Just that our first meeting left a very deep impression

on me, not in a bad way of course. Well, oppa, it’s getting late. Nights ^^

From: Seobbie Oppa

Good night~ (: