First fight

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV

There she stood, silent with an intense stare.

 

“Ji Eun-ah, did something bad happen?”

 

I closed the gap between us in an attempt to embrace her. However, she stepped back abruptly and shook her head. After a few seconds, Ji Eun walked away from me, leaving the door open.

 

“What happened?” I asked worriedly.

 

She remained silent and continued walking. Once she’s safely in her room, she slammed the room door shut behind her. Bewildered, I closed the apartment door after me and rushed to her room.

 

“Ji Eun-ah! What happened?”

 

No answer.

 

“Care to let me in on what you’re thinking?”

 

No answer.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

No answer.

 

“Seriously, please answer me! I’m worried…” I trailed off.

 

No answer.

 

“Don’t give me silent treatment anymore! I don’t like it a bit. Ji Eun-ah!” My tone became a little harsher than before as my patience was running out.

 

Still no answer.

 

“Can you hear me? Gosh, is your room sound proof of something!?” I said in exasperation. “If I did something wrong, tell me!”

 

Slowly, the door creaked open. I could see Ji Eun’s tears all welled up in her big eyes, threatening to fall.

 

“What happened?” I repeated myself for the nth times.

“You…” She hesitated.

“I…?” I prompted while leading her out of her room.

“You sang with her…” She mumbled and hugged a cushion after settling herself down on the couch.

“I sang with who? Who are you talking about?” I gave her a puzzled look.

“Her.”

“Who? G.Na noona?” I asked a tone higher, finding it completely ridiculous.

 

She gave a slight nod. 

 

Why would she get angry when I just sang with G.Na noona? Could it be that she’s jealous?’ I thought hard and came to a conclusion.

 

“No, oh no. Are you jealous of just that?! It’s so minor!” I hugged her tight.

“It’s not minor…” She defended her actions.

“It’s just like any of your collaborations with Key and all the other male singers! It’s the company’s decision; Hong papa decided it, not me!” I replied in grievance.

 

With Ji Eun being angry for nothing I’ve done; I felt so wronged.

 

“You held her hand, sang to her, touched her face and stared at her oh-so-lovingly. How could I not…” Her voice became softer after each word and she ended off with an inaudible voice.

“Don’t be ridiculous! There’s nothing to be angry about, really”

“You don’t understand!” She moved away from me.

 

Third-person POV

By now, Yoseob was on the extreme right of the couch while IU’s all the way over on the extreme left, with her arms and legs crossed. Both of them sat in silence while engaging in their own internal struggle.

 

‘It’s his job right? I should probably be more understanding and supportive… But he held unnie’s face, argh…’

 

‘I was jealous too during her collaboration with Key and Eunhyuk hyung too…’ Yoseob tried relating to IU’s feelings.

 

Yoseob stretched out his hands toward IU and poked her lightly on her thigh.

 

“Let’s make up… I don’t want you to stay angry for long. It gives you wrinkles, Ji Eun-ah” Yoseob tried to joke a little. “Look, I’m really tired from the concert… Please, let’s just make up and stop being angry with each other already.”

 

IU looked over at Yoseob as he continued. She blinked a few times. And finally, she gives in.

 

“I’m sorry for being such a bad girlfriend… I should’ve understood your stand instead of being all jealous over it” She softened at the sight of a tired Yoseob.

“And I’m sorry for having so much body contact with G.Na noona. I’ll be more careful in future, don’t worry” Yoseob too, apologized sincerely to her and gave her a tender hug.


 

Yoseob lay on the couch and stared quietly at IU working in the bustling kitchen. Just a moment ago, they had their very first fight. Now, both of them are as good as before. Scratch that. They are even better than before. Little tiffs only strengthen your relationship if they don’t break you up.

 

‘Isn’t it amazing how different things would’ve been if I haven’t made the first move for us to make up?’ Yoseob giggled lightly at the thought.

 

“What happen? Why are you giggling, oppa?” IU asked while stirring the boiling corn soup.

 

Hearing no reply, she turned her head curiously, only to find herself being ambushed by Yoseob with a back hug.

 

“Nothing…” Yoseob whispered into IU’s ears after creeping up to her.

 

IU’s face flushed a bright red after the skin ship as she felt Yoseob’s warm breath against her skin.

 

“Don’t do that! I’m cooking” IU chided shyly and lightly elbowed Yoseob.

 

Yoseob pouted a little and asked, ”You don’t like it?”

 

“Like what?” She threw him a weird look and cocked her head faintly.

“Hmm… Forget it!” Yoseob gave up teasing IU since she was too innocent. “Are you done? Ji Eun-ah, I’m hungry!”

“Almost! Can you please get me the bowls?”

“Yes! Finally~” Yoseob sang excitedly as he passed the bowls over.

 

It’s his first time tasting a meal cooked by IU personally and he was all the more hyped up since IU is making him his favorite corn soup. Both of them settled down on the dining table and dug into the soup bowl almost immediately after the usual routine.


 

“You can rest! It’s okay, I can do the dishes all by myself!”

“No, you already cooked for me. It’s only fair if I do it!” Yoseob insisted.

“Fine fine! We’ll do it together” IU gave up seeing how persistent Yoseob is.

 

They systematically cleaned up the kitchen area including doing the dishes and teased each other from time to time while doing it. With Yoseob washing the dishes and IU wiping them dry, they finished up earlier than expected and the couple soon prepared for bed.

 

“I’ll take the couch!” IU volunteered, seeing how drained Yoseob was after the concert.

“You’re the girl!”

“But you’re aching and tired from the concert, the only thing I can do is to give you the bed…” IU trailed off.

 

Yoseob shook his head mildly and sat IU in her bed while covering her with her quilt.

 

“Good night” He smiled lightly and gave her a peck on her forehead.

 

Just when he was about to turn around and make his way out of the room, IU pulled him down.

 

“We can share the bed then! Come in!” IU beamed and pulled off her heavy quilt to let Yoseob in.

“Share the bed!? You’re a girl!” Yoseob shrieked with a overly-exaggerated facial expression.

“I trust you won’t do anything, will you? Hahaha” She gave an awkward laugh.

“Yeah, of course not! I’m a good boy” Yoseob shook his head as he climbed into the soft bed.

“It’s so warm in here…” Yoseob chuckled as he hugged IU.

“Oppa!” IU struggled a little.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to do anything bad now” Yoseob’s eyelids fluttered shut as he replied.

“But isn’t it a little too close for comfort?” IU voiced out the tiny uneasiness she was feeling.

 

She did like how Yoseob was holding her, but she thought perhaps their progress here was getting a little too fast.

 

“Hmm…” Yoseob grunted sleepily and snuggled up closer to her.

“Fine, good night” IU buried her face into Yoseob chest with a smile and wriggled around for comfort before falling asleep.

 

In Yoseob’s embrace.


 

Omg, so shy! I died writing this LOL. Okay, so this chapter isn't rated, because apparently, they haven't done anything "wrong" yet. Well, they probably won't throughout the whole story. You shouldn't depend on a person like me to write ual scenes. I can't even tank imagining them kissing and what-nots. Sorry ;(

Sigh.. Less than 9 hours to my exam and here I am, not reading up nor sleeping, but updating this. So wrong of me... But I think updating right before exam starts has become a habit for me. I should kick this. Anyhow, I'm slowly getting back my inspiration (at the wrong timing -.-'') so yay? 8D Hope all of you enjoyed this chapter! ^^