Dongho's birthday: Part I

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV

 

I checked the time on my watch. 12.30. How could it be this bright when it’s midnight? Then I checked again. 12.31 P.M. Date – 29 June 2010.

 

‘WHAT!? I SLEPT FOR MORE THAN 20 HOURS?! Is that even possible?’

 

I mentally screamed and thanked god I didn’t die in my dreams. I was too young for that, gosh! Reluctantly, I got out of bed. All of the boys were lying around in the living room, in front of the TV.

 

“Hyung! You finally woke up! We thought you were dead! But Hyunseung hyung said you were still breathing so we didn’t bother you… Breakfast for you? Or should I say brunch? Kekeke” Maknae stuck his tongue out at me.

“Whatever. What’s for breakfast?” I said while rolling my eyes.

“Brunch.” Junhyung corrected me.

“Ah. My head hurts… I will go back to sleep…”

 

Lying down on my bed like this doesn’t make the headache go away. I looked at my watch again. 29 June.

 

‘Wait. Isn’t it…’ I checked my phone calendar.

 

“Oh darn it! How could I have forgotten!?” I said loudly all of a suddenly.

“Yah! Yang Yoseob! Keep your volume down! We’re trying to watch TV here, mind you!” Hyunseung said in an irritated tone.

 

From: Yoseobbie hyung ^^

Dongho-yah! Happy 16th birthday!

From: Our Dongho ^^

Thanks a lot, hyung! I've been waiting for your text since midnight.

I'm a little sad it came in so late ): But where’s my present?? :P

From: Yoseobbie hyung ^^

Sorry, I've been sleeping xD Yah! Shin Dongho! We haven’t met for such

a long time and all you ask me is about your present? ):

From: Our Dongho ^^

Just joking, hyung! Anyway, Eli and Kevin hyung wants to

celebrate at the amusement park. Do you want to come?

From: Yoseobbie hyung ^^

Celebration? Yeah, sure! I’ll meet you guys outside Everland’s entrance at 3.30?

From: Our Dongho ^^

Okay! What about Doojoon hyung and the rest? Are they coming? (:

You can bring your girlfriend too! Pretty girls are welcomed~ :P

From: Yoseobbie hyung ^^

I think they’ll be too lazy to leave our dorm! Keke :P

From: Our Dongho ^^

I hope they could go too! I missed Doojoon hyung~ ):

From: Yoseobbie hyung ^^

And you don’t miss your cutie hyung? ):

From: Our Dongho ^^

I miss both! Keke! See you later, hyung! Kibum and Soohyun

hyung is challenging me on Blackshot now! :DDDD

From: Yoseobbie hyung ^^

See you!  

 

I knew Dongho since I first appeared on Star Golden Bell. He mentioned that he was jealous of my cute looks although he was cute himself. Both of us are quite similar and we could get along really well. Maybe because we share the same kind of blood (:

 

‘I still have a while. Let me snuggle in bed before preparing to leave.’ I hugged my bears nearer to me.

 

“BEEP BEEP YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MESSAGE BEEP BEEP”

 

From: Ji Eun

Oppa! I’m at Han River now. Come down! ^^

From: Seobbie Oppa

What!? What are you doing there?!

From: Ji Eun

Ice-cream?

From: Seobbie Oppa

Wait a minute! I’ll be down in a second.  

 

When I returned from Malaysia yesterday, I had asked Ji Eun out since she have been craving for ice cream. However, after she learnt that I've just landed and finished recording the OST, she insisted that I should rest for the day and postpone the meeting till today. And I've totally forgotten about it.

 

I dashed into the bathroom and took a quick shower. When I came out, I could see the boys staring at me as if I was mad. I swiftly took my phone and wallet.

 

“Dongho’s celebrating his birthday at Everland! Text me if you want to join us! I’m meeting a friend now. I’ll be back before you know it!”

 

BANG! I slammed the door in a hurry. Klang! Oops. Did I just make a screw drop off? ARGH! Who cares!? Ji Eun is waiting!


 

“Ji Eun-ah!” I yelled while searching along the Han River.

 

Where is she?!

 

“Ji Eun-ah!” I ran up to her.

“Oppa! You came!” She turned back and her eyes sparkled.

 

The sparkle I haven’t seen for months or maybe weeks, I lost track. How I missed it…

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked, still panting heavily.

“I decided to take a stroll while waiting for you. The air out here is so fresh!” She said while patting my back to ease my breathing.

“Shall we sit down?” I nodded without saying anything; I couldn’t.

*facepalm* Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry, I forgot to bring your souvenir in the rush!” I said after I gained enough oxygen in my brains to think straight.

“It’s okay…” She was still smiling; but why?

“Shall we go get ice-cream now?” She nodded in response while standing up, still looking at the river.


 

“Feels so good to be having ice-cream during the hot summer!” She said and popped another spoonful of ice cream into right after.

 

I smiled. She’s still the same as before. The way she devours her ice-cream is like a 6-yr-old ^^ Oh right. Now that we’ve met, I have to tell her about the celebration later. I’ll have to leave her alone. Out here.

 

“Ji Eun-ah…” I started, but no word seems willing to come out of my mouth other than her name.

“Yes, oppa?”

“I… I… Erm…”

“Is something wrong? Why are you stuttering?”

“I’ll be going to Everland later with Dongho, Eli and Kevin later to celebrate Dongho’s birthday” I finished in a breath.

“Oh…”

“Do you want to come along?” I suggested.

“It’s awkward. I don’t know them well” She lowered her head and started digging into her ice-cream once again.

“It’s okay. They are all fun people! Pluses, I’ll be there for you. And Doojoon! He just texted me and said he would come along”

“When are you guys meeting? I don’t have any spare clothes.”

“I’ll lend you mine. You can buy a swimsuit or something when we reach there!” I smiled, hoping she would agree.

“But I…”

“Ji Eun-ie. Let me make up to you. I feel bad leaving you alone like this when you came all the way here to look for me!” I explained.

“I’ll go” She forced a smile but her face turned out distorted.

“It’s okay if you’re not willing. Let’s go. I’ll send you home”

“I’m not! Let’s go!” She smiled.

 

This time, it was much more natural.

 

“Really?” I narrowed my eyes at her and bit on my lips.

“Yes! Why would I lie?” She pouted.

“Pay the bill and we can go. It’s your treat, remember?” She stuck out her tongue and walked casually out of the café.

“Wait up!” I called after her while digging out notes from my wallet.

 

How could she just run away without me?


 

“Wait out here alright?” I said gently while messing with her hair.

“I won’t get kidnapped, now go and stop messing my hair up!” She pouted and crossed her arms.

 

I smiled and walked into the dorm. I figured she wouldn’t be comfortable in a house full of guys so I made her stand outside. Away from the boys. I wouldn’t want to risk them hurting her. I quickly packed all my stuff into my back pack and walked out of the dorm.

 

“Here’s your souvenir.” She grinned widely while receiving the gift.

“Yah, Ji Eun-ah! Long time no see! How are you doing?” Doojoon’s head popped out of our gate.

“O-oppa!”

“Yah, you scared her!” I slapped him hard on his right arm.

“Oops. Sorry!” He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

“Babo!” I scolded. “Ji Eun-ah, let’s go”

 

With that, I dragged the both of them into the elevator.


 

“Can I ask Jiyeon and Luna too?” Ji Eun asked while we waited for manager hyung’s van to come.

“I suppose you can… We’re all friendly people, so why not?” Doojoon winked at Ji Eun while saying that.

 

Well, I actually define this action as flirting so I came in between them.

 

“Yeah! Of course you can bring them. Text them now! I haven’t talked to them since our meeting in Star Dance Battle!”

“Okay!” Ji Eun said cheerily.

 

She's probably happy that she wouldn’t be alone with a bunch of dorks like us xD And she’d have the company of her best friends. I’m glad she didn’t need to force any smile now.

 

“Yah! The van is here~ Air-con, here I come!” Doojoon sang childishly as he hopped into the van within seconds.


 

Sorry I totally had to put Dongho in this! He's my bias in U-KISS and also my freaking korean twin! I mean we're born on the same day, 29 June 1994. We share the same blood type too keke :D Yoseobbie + Dongho + Me = Typical sensitive type B's! YAYY! Proud to be a B! :DDDD