IU's birthday

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV

      [16 May, 2010]

“BEEP BEEP YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MESSAGE BEEP BEEP”

 

From: Ji Eun

Oppa! I’ll be heading home at 5 for my birthday dinner. Shall we meet for a simple lunch? (:

From: Seobbie Oppa

Text later! Manager hyung confiscating our phones for now!


  

From: Seobbie Oppa

Sorry I had to go on stage! It’s our goodbye stage for ‘Special’ on Inkigayo today ):

From: Ji Eun

It’s okay, work is more important! 

From: Seobbie Oppa

Yepp! And we shouldn’t have lunch; It’s too late and you probably can’t finish your dinner later. How about ice-cream? I feel like snacking. Keke ^^

From: Ji Eun

Sure. I’m recording a new song now at Min Soo oppa’s studio. Why don’t you come over now?

From: Seobbie Oppa

Flying over at the speed of light once I escape from manager hyung! ;)  


 

“Ji Eun-ie~~~” I sang as I swung the studio door open.

 

She waved and motioned me to take a seat from inside the recording room. I sat down with a fashion magazine in my hands.

 

‘Where should we go for ice-cream? Hmm… There’s one down the street that tastes edible…’

 

“OPPAAAAAAA!!” Ji Eun waved right in front of my face and I backed away, startled.

“Can we go now?” I blinked a few times and looked at her blankly.

“Sure, let’s go go go!” She pointed towards the door with alternating hands and said ecstatically.


[On the way]

“Oppa, I saw your ‘Special’ performance on Music Core. It’s so funny when you pointed for the camera oppa to shoot another oppa! Kekeke” She said while giggling.

“Well, I had to do it. It’s really not my part so I pointed to Hyunseung instead. But the camera man was really funny. He shot Junhyung hyung's head when it was Dongwoon’s line. And he didn’t shoot the face, it was the back of his head! Hahaha” I laughed lightly while remembering the situation back then.

 

It was too comical xD

 

“Ah, seriously? I’m lucky I’m a soloist keke” She said proudly.

“But why did you say hyung twice? Do you respect that Jun oppa so much?” She asked.

 

She wasn’t the first person who was confuse about that. Everyone was. That name was just… Aish. Too troublesome ):

 

“It’s Junhyung hyung. His name is Junhyung. So I had to repeat hyung twice. Pretty lame, I know” I sighed.

“That’s a really cool name!” She’s amazed..?

“We’ve reached!” I announced loudly while stopping in front of the café.

 

“Ji Eun-ah, what flavour do you want?” I said as the waitress passed on the menu to me.

“Cookies and cream?”

“That’s a good choice! I want… Hmm… I’ll choose chocolate chip. Thanks.” I said, passing back the menu with a smile.

“So, how are you going home later? Is your manager sending you?” I immediately turn to face Ji Eun after the waitress left.

“Not really. I’m going back myself” She said while taking a sip of water from her glass.

“What? By bus? Or cab? Don’t tell me you’re walking home??!?” My eyes widened.

“It’s quite near so I don’t see why not” She smiled sweetly. “Manager oppa says I need some exercise too, I’m too weak!”

“You’re good just the way you are! I mean, you’re not sick that often or things like that…”

“Enjoy your dessert!” The waitress said sweetly with a smile while serving us.

 

There was silence while we ate. I was thinking. I couldn't have her walking home all alone. What if she got into an accident? What if she got chased by a dog, cat or rat? I had to do something.

 

“Why don’t I walk you home?” I suggested.

“I’m good! I can do it myself. Trust me oppa!” She pouted.

“Stop arguing. It’s about time. Should we go?”

“Hmph. Okay” She said unwillingly.

 

Was she angry that I didn’t trust her? I was just worried about her safety, that’s all. What did I do wrong? ):

 

“Bill please” I said while gesturing for the waitress nearby to come over.

“Wait. Why is there a blank paper here?” I asked her when she got back with the change and receipt.

“Could you please give me your autograph? And IU’s autograph too.. Please? I didn’t manage to get your autograph when I went to the fan signing event last year…” She lowered her head shyly.

 

{Did you know? BEAST had a fan signing event just 45 days

after their debut in SM megamall. Just one month and a half after debut

and they had enough fans to do that. AWESOME :DDDD}

 

“Sure sure!” I smiled broadly and replied without hesitation.

 

I’m not labeled the ‘Prince of fan service’ for nothing! :DDD

 

“Should we go?” I asked after Ji Eun was done signing her autograph.

 

She nodded while standing up. Was she still angry about me wanting to send her home? ):

 

“Why don’t you want me to walk you home? I’m worried for your safety, that’s all. Not that I don’t trust you. I’ll let you go alone if you really don’t like the idea” I tried explaining once we got out of the café.

“I don’t really mind… I just don’t want my parents to freak out or anything. They always over-react over trivial stuff like this…”

“You mean other boys sent you home before!?” I exclaimed. 

“No no! I meant like. They always make a mountain out of a molehill. Nevermind. Let’s go!” She smiled while leading the way.

“Are you sure you’re okay with it?” I asked, concerned about how she felt; I didn’t want to force my decision on her.

“Of course! I want oppa to walk me home so I wouldn’t be alone in this awesome spring afternoon!” She chirped.

“Then let’s go before you get really late” I grinned at her.

“Oh yes. What song were you recording just now?” I asked curiously.

“I was recording the theme song for ‘We Got Married’ with Seulong oppa. I was doing my solo parts after he left” She answered while staring at me.

“I see… Was it fun? Why don’t you sing a small part for me?”

 

I didn’t feel good inside. But I couldn’t show it, could I? ):

 

“No! It’s top secret. It cannot be leaked! If not Min Soo oppa would scold me~”

“Too bad” I didn’t feel like talking anymore.

 

There was awkward silence for what felt like an hour or two. This didn’t happen ever since we first met. It’s the first time I felt so uncomfortable next to her.

 

“Why are you so quiet out of a sudden, oppa? Is something wrong?” That was one question I couldn’t answer - I, myself didn’t know what was wrong.

“Am I better? Or is Seulong hyung better?” I asked brainlessly.

 

And I immediately regretted. I wanted to dig a hole to hide my head and never ever come out of that hole.

 

“What!?” She was probably shocked by that question.

 

I don’t blame her. Because I was shocked I asked it too, though it was my own words.  

 

“We’re here…”

“Oh. That’s pretty near, isn’t it?” I tried smiling to lessen the awkward-ness, but it didn't seem like it worked. 

 

I opened my black back pack and took out a red gift box.

 

“Here. Happy 18th birthday, Lee Ji Eun” I said with a small smile.

“OMO! Thanks oppa! But why did you call me by my full name?” She asked while receiving it with both her hands.

“I felt I needed to be more formal. Turning 18 is no joke! Keke” I scratched my head awkwardly.

“Oppa, you’re funny! Hehe”

“And cute.” She mumbled.

 

I couldn’t make out her last few words. I hope I didn’t do or say something wrong again ):

 

“You’d better go before you’re late. It’s almost 5!” I had to send her away before I do something stupid again.

“Bye oppa! Thanks for your present!” She walked into the building and turned back to bow one last time before entering the elevator.


[At BEAST's Dormitory]

 

I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I kept thinking, what did I do wrong? Why was she so unwilling for me to walk her home? Did any guys walk her home before me? Why did I ask that stupid question? Why do I keep doing the wrong things today? WHY WHY WHY? And why am I having a headache now!? ): Today is so not my day!

 

“BEEP BEEP YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MESSAGE BEEP BEEP”

 

From: Ji Eun☆

Singing abilities are the same. But your vocals is special. And I like it (: Personality-wise, you’re more fun to be with. My answer is you.