Turning point: Part II

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV

 

I skipped happily to Ji Eun’s waiting room. I was about to knock on the door when I heard an argument.

 

“Oppa! You can’t restrict me over things like that!”

“You will have to convince me why I can’t”

“Although I don’t have a boyfriend now, I already have someone I like. So I can’t follow your orders.”

 

She… Have someone she likes…? I think I’m gonna faint. *gets up after two seconds and continue eavesdropping*

 

“Excuse me, miss. But it’s OUR parents who sent me here to convey THEIR orders. I didn’t want to travel all the way here just because of trivial things like that alright? And you know I always let you do whatever you like since young. This time, dad and mum really want you to go.”

“But I can’t keep going for blind dates! I’m an idol singer, oppa! It’s not right” Ji Eun said in a desperate struggle. “Plus, I’m only 18 years old? This doesn’t make sense at all!”

 

Yeah, I totally support Ji Eun on this one. How could they ask an 18-year-old to go for blind dates!? This world is crazy!

 

“Just once. I negotiated on your behalf. They promise this will be the first and last time if it turns out badly.”

“Oppa…” She whined.

“Just say yes. Please. Ji Eun, don’t make things harder for me than it already is” His answer was firm.

“She’ll go.” I opened the door without knocking.

“Who are you?” He asked, bewildered. “And why are you making decisions on her behalf?”

“He’s a friend. You should head home now, oppa” She pushed him out, leaving only the both of us in the room.

“So is it a yes or no?”

“I’ll text you later in the night” She promised.

 

SLAM!

 

“Why?” She turned and look at me questioningly.

“What?”

“Why did you tell him I’ll go?” I think she’s angry; it’s my first time seeing her boil like that.

“Just go! He’s practically begging you already. The only thing left for him to do was to get onto his knees. Be thankful. He loved you so he negotiated for you, Ji Eun-ie. Can’t you see it? Anyway, it’s only once.”

“It’s not you so of course you could easily say it…” She softened after my explanation.

“Well, let’s not talk about depressing things like that! You wanted ice-cream right? So let’s go!” I beamed.

“I’m not in the mood anymore” She frowned.

“Movie?”

“Dukbokki”

“Anything for you” I smiled and dragged her out.


 

From: Yoseobbie

Hey guys, plans change! To Shindangdong! 

 

I mass-sent the text to the guys on our way to the bus stop.

From: Daniel

Just bring her back Han River like you always do ;)

From: Soulmate hyung

She’d be suspicious… 

From: Doojoonie

We’ll do it when you send her home instead?

From: Seobbie

Are you sure it’s gonna be alright?

From: Doojoonie

Yeah, I know where her dorm is! Trust me. I can lead the guys there

From: Hyunseungie

Postpone?

From: Yoseobbie

NO. 

From: Our Dongho ^^

Is it possible that you just do it yourself and leave us out? xD

From: Yoseobbie hyung ^^

Yah! Dongho-yah! Don’t be lazy! Do you wanna die!? >:(  

From: Junhyung

Cancel it! It’s so troublesome T-T 

From: Seobbie

Are you crazy? NO.  

From: Kiki

Just get it over and done with already, Yoseobbie!

From: Seobbie

I know rightㅜㅜ 

From: Dongwoonie

In front of her lobby?

From: Visual maknae hyung

I’m still thinking

From: Dongwoonie

Don’t think too much. It’s settled. Doojoon here! Text us when you’re reaching her lobby. We need time to set up! ;) 

 

I smiled. Doojoon always comes to my rescue.


[On the bus]

“Oppa, look at the pretty lights shimmering” Ji Eun gasped.

“You shine even brighter than those neon lights” I turned to look at her.

“Oppa!” She cupped her face shyly.

“Aigoooo~ Our Ji Eun is soooo shy!” I teased. “I was just joking”

“Not.”


[At BEAST's dormitory]

Doojoon’s POV

 

“Hurry guys!” I pushed the last of them into the living room.

“As all of you know, Yoseob had a change in plans. We need to be flexible. So this is the plan!”

“Hyung, I’m still under-aged so I can’t get home too late. You do remember that right?” Dongho yawned loudly.

“Yes yes. We just need to finish things quickly.”

“Oh no! I at art!” Dongwoon face palmed himself.

“I always receive a ‘C’ for art, hyung… Maybe I can help to match colors? I’m good at that” Daniel smirked.

“Whatever. We only have 2 hours to be exact, after deducting travel time!” I announced loudly after allocating the jobs to be done.

“Is it snowing already?” Kiki stuck his head out of the window and checked. “Nope.”

“We have to make artificial snow too!?” Junhyung exclaimed.

“I’m pretty sure the weather forecast said first snow is today though…” Hyunseung looked through his phone again.

“Hyungs! Stop working and start working already! I need to get home as soon as possible!” Dongho commanded.

 

Finally, someone who’s self-conscious enough :DDD


[In the Dukbokki restaurant]

Yoseob’s POV

 

For what seemed like forever, Ji Eun finished her share of Dukbokki and I stopped staring at her. I didn’t have any appetite. I might say I’m fearless and things like that, but I’m still human. You can’t blame me from feeling nervous right? ):

 

“Should we go?”

“Why do you seem like you’re in a hurry, oppa?”

“No no, I’m not”

“Something is not right. You’re acting weird”

“I’m always acting weird. Kekeke” I faked a laugh and she frowned.

“Speak up.” She demanded.

“Are you really going for the blind date?” I found a random topic.

“I… Do you want me to?”

“Your parents and brother want you to…”

“I’m asking about you, not them” She cut me.

“Not really. But perhaps you should try going. Maybe you’ll enjoy yourself?”

 

‘I’d rather you spend time with a stranger than to spend time with the

person you already like. That would leave me with more chance.’

‘Aish, Yang Yoseob! How could you be so selfish!?’

‘Love is selfish’

 

My heart and head was quarrelling and I thought I was going bonkers for a moment. I hit my head hard with my knuckles to knock myself back into reality.

 

“Oppa, what are you trying to do?”

“Just a little… Tired.”

“Then we should head home. You don’t have to send me home, I can go back by myself” She smiled, to assure me, I suppose.

“No no!” If she does that, our plans would be ruined!

“It’s only right for a guy to send a girl home. Let’s go” I stood up and headed for the counter to settle the bill.


 

From: Seobbie

We’re on the way.

From: Doojoonie

We’re on our way too. The snow is predicted to fall at around 10.30. Walk slowly!


Doojoon’s POV

 

“Yah! Junhyung-ah! Drive faster, they are already on the way back to Ji Eun’s house!”

“That’s fast.”

“Just please stop commenting unnecessarily and hit on the accelerator!” Dongho said impatiently.

“Yes boss” Junhyung rolled his eyes and he thought no one could see it.

 

But I did, through the rear view mirror. Like a pro. *smirks*

 

“Back to the point. Protect the cake, babo-kwang. If it comes to any harm,” I drew a line across my neck.

“Count on me! I’m the almighty-dol” Kiki hit his chest confidently.

“I just hope he doesn’t go off tune or break his voice later, Amen” Daniel closed his eyes to whisper a prayer between giggles.

 

He must be imagining the scene in his head now. Silly boy; he must have learnt that from Yoseobbie, to be picturing every single thing happening in his head. Then suddenly, the van screeched to a stop.

 

“THE CAKE!!!!” Everyone in the van yelled while holding their hands out towards the cake box.

“WHAT THE HECK!? JUNHYUNG!” I was in my ‘rage’ mode.

“It’s the red light man!”

“Are you sure you have a qualified driving license!?!”

“It was a license for driving motorcycles! Not vans!” He retorted with dignity.

“You’re lucky the cake is intact” Hyunseung informed him.

“If not I’d kill. I spent two whole hours on that damn cake, hyung” Dongho complained.

“I’m worst. I had to run in the cold to get the roses” Dongwoon shivered at the thought of the cold.

“Left turn” I pointed out to Junhyung.

“We’re here. Get off, everyone!”

“Time to start cracking!” Hyunseung stretched his body once he got off the car.

“You can’t imagine how excited I am right nowwwwww!” Dongho squealed.

“I am too!!!” Kiki screamed and jumped on the spot.

“Keep it down. Doojoon is on his phone!” Junhyung ordered and they immediately kept quiet.

“Ahjumma! Please come down now, we’ve reached” I spoke politely into my phone. “Yes, thank you!”

 

I mobilized one of the ahjumma living in Ji Eun’s building who was close to her. We would be doing things in front of the lobby and couldn’t afford passers-by to walk in and out to disturb their sweet moment right? Ahjumma would take care of it for me. Aren’t I a genius? ;)

 

“Hmm… I wonder what time the girls are coming. I hope they don’t back out last minute!” Daniel said while tapping on his watch.

“What’s up? We’re here.” A loud and high-pitched voice rang through the cold night as we saw two slim and tall silhouettes walking towards us.

 

Yoseob’s POV
 

“Ji Eun-ah, how is it between you and Wooyoung sunbaenim now?” I probed.

“He kept apologizing. But I don’t think it makes anything better. Luckily I don’t have a second minihompy for the hottest to send hate messages to” She heaved a sigh of relief.

 

Just before I confess, she had to remind me once again how scary and possessive B2UTYs could be. *sigh*

 

“Hatred will fade. Things will be forgotten. You don’t have to take it so seriously, you know”

“It just hurts that people hate you even when you did nothing wrong”

“I could relate. BEAST had plenty of haters before, when we first debuted. But I always believe that our hard work can make haters switch sides” I comforted her and ran my fingers through her long hair.

“I hope so… But what if they don’t?”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure your fans told you before and you don’t need me to remind you how awesome you already are. Everything’s gonna be okay. You still have friends to fall back on. Like me”

“Thank you, oppa… Really. Most friends shun you when you’re at your lowest or when you have scandals like that. I’m glad you stayed by my side and supported me”

“It’s nothing. I just hope you’re feeling better now”

“Hanging out with you does make me feel a little better.”

“I’m flattered! Keke. Anyway, have you heard my collaboration song with Daniel?”

“Yes! It’s the one on first love right? It’s quite romantic. I bought the album too”

“Really? I thought you wouldn’t pay attention to it. I haven’t performed it live yet. And I sort of wanted you to be the first one to hear it” I looked down at my shoes.

“I want to! Pretty please. I haven’t heard you sing for a long time! The last time was when we went to noraebang and I missed hearing it.” Her eyes sparkled.

 

[ Eng / Rom / Han ] First Snow And First Kiss - Yoseob + Drama / Daniel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI59yBWjilc

 

This song is dedicated to you
My first love
My one and only
You'll always be my baby

neol wi-han no-lae-ya
This is a song for you
 

eo-neu-sae nae mam mo-du ga-jyeo-gan sa-lam
The person who already stole my heart

da jul su it-sseul deut thae neo-neun nae sa-lang
I think I can give you my all, you are my love

nun-cheo-leom ha-yah-ge ah-mu-do mo-leu-ge
White like the snow, with me who doesn't know anything

sa-lang-ih nae-ge oh-ne
Love comes to me

 

bam ha-neul byeol-deul-do ul-il chuk-bok hae-yo 

Even the stars in the night sky are giving us blessings

geu-dae-man-its-da-myeon nan no-lae-hae-yo 

If you are here, I sing

cha-ga-un bi-ba-lam-do eo-du-un bam-ih wa-do

Even in the cold rain winds, the dark nights come upon us

ih mam-eun byeon-chi an-ha nan yak-sok hae-yo

My heart will never change, I promise

kkum sok-eh geu-nyeo-ga sa-lang-eul mal-ha-gil

I'm hoping that girl in my dreams will speak of love

cheot nun-ih oh-gi-leul
I'm waiting for the first snow
 

cheot nun-ih oh-neun geo-li-eh

On the streets where the first snow falls

geu-nyeo-wa nun-eul mat-jeum-myeo

Looking at each other in the eyes

geu-dae-leul an-go-seo ha-neul-eul nal-at-sseo 

I flew above the skies holding her in my arms

neo-neun na-eh cheot-sa-lang 

You are my first love

 

sa-lang-eul ju-neun geo-li-eh

On the streets where people exchange love

geu-nyeo-wa ib-beul mat-chum-myeo 

Kissing her on the lips

ih bam-eul ham-kke-hae pyeong-saeng-eul ham-kke-hae

Let's spend this night together, together forever

neo-neun na-eh cheot-sa-lang-ih-ya

You are my first love

 

As if on cue, the first snow fell on us slowly after I ended the song.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Doojoon's POV

 

Wait. I hear Seobbie’s voice.

Posters, check.

Roses, check.

Candles, oh nooooo!

 

“Quick, light the candles.” I rushed.

“I can see them! Hurry hurry!” Junhyung nagged.

“Ouch! My fingers” Dongho whined and blew on his burnt finger.

“All done.” Luna announced as Jiyeon lit the candles with her swift hands.

“Dongwoon! The roses! Hurry” Daniel said softly as Yoseob and Ji Eun came closer and closer to us.

 

Dongwoon dashed to the back of the recycled bin and placed the bouquet safely behind it.

 

“Now HIDE!” I gestured all of them to get into our van and we moved like a SWAT team on mission.


Third person POV

 

“It’s so… meaningful” IU gasped as they reached her lobby.

“Yeah, my exact sentiments”

“I’m here, I’ll get going… WOW” IU turned around and saw lit candles on the floor in the shape of a heart.

 

She raised her head and saw big word posters stuck onto the wall on both sides of the entrance. One side said "사랑해!" and the other side read "이지은 ♥".

 

“Wait, you think I’ll let you go just like this?” Yoseob grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

“Hold on for a second!” He winked and disappeared to behind the recycled bin.

 

IU was about to follow him when he reappeared once again… With a bouquet of champagne roses in his hands.

 

“Did you actually think that I sang that song just for you to hear it? I’m pretty sure you heard the lyrics. This song is dedicated to you.”

“So…”

“You’re my first love. I love you, Ji Eun” Yoseob held out the roses sincerely.

“Oppa…”

“I overheard the conversation between your brother and you. I know you already have someone you like. First Cheondong, then comes Wooyoung. There are too many guys around you. I just want to make my feelings known to you before I lose you to someone I didn’t even know.”

 

Without a word, IU closed the gap between them and hugged Yoseob tightly.

 

“Thank you for ending this ‘more-than-friends-but-less-than-lovers’ relationship. You probably didn’t know that someone is actually you, silly” IU chuckled.

“What!? Really?” Yoseob broke the hug and punched a fist into the air victoriously.

“YAYYYYYY!” He grabbed IU’s hands and jumped around in circles while the first snow continues to fall, killing the candle flames.

 

Suddenly, Yoseob got all serious. He leaned in for a kiss as IU shut her eyes tightly.

This is the true definition of first snow, first kiss.


A:N/ If you think this marks the end of this chapter, you’re wrong. SCROLL DOWN :DDD

 

“CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS!” The group jumped out of the van excitedly and sang while clapping hands.

“Aww man!” Yoseob whined as they broke the kiss immediately after the sudden commotion.

“I told them they shouldn’t spoil the romantic moment but no one listens to the maknae!” Dongho pouted.

 

Jiyeon and Luna walked out of the van with Dongho’s masterpiece in hand.

 

“Why are the both of you here?” IU said, stunned.

“I gathered them because I wanted everyone we’re close with to witness my confession. This proves how much I love you for I’m not afraid to show it in front of others.” Yoseob beamed in delight.

 

With that, all of them went up to IU’s house and spent a friendly first-snow-gathering together, with a tint of love in the air~ *wink wink*


 

A/N: Finally, a confession after a whopping 48 chapters. *standing ovation* Thank you thank you! *bows humbly* xD Hope this story isn’t boring you guys too much. I had a block so I'm sorry for the y confession. I sort of wanted something more big scale but I felt I need to keep it simple since the BEAST boys isn’t very extravagant and also partly because I’m too lazy to continue thinking. LOL. Sorry for a freaking long chapter too. It’s around 3,000 words here >-< I wanted to separate it into 3 parts but it’ll probably be weird for the flow.

I’m thinking of having a one shot or something. But nothing’s confirmed yet. In addition, I would also like to thank WooUlove for suggesting something to me. If there’s anything you wanna see in this fic. Remember, it’s just a PM away ;) Don’t forget to watch Mnet Asian Music Awards on 29 Nov! It’s only a couple of days away, 2 to be exact! And it’s Trouble Maker’s comeback next week! I’m so excited rawrrrr! :DDDD