Turning point: Part I

The Story Only We Knew

Yoseob’s POV

 [1 December, 2010]

From: Mummy

Seobbie, Hae Yeon says you’ve been having scandals. Are you alright?

From: Yoseobbie dear

Umma, don’t worry. I’m fine. It’s all a misunderstanding caused by Twitter. I already cleared things up (:

From: Mummy

That’s good to hear. Just remember to have regular meals. Take care of yourself and your members well, alright?

From: Yoseobbie dear

Yeah sure, don’t worry (: Remember to tune into EBS, Umma! I’m receiving an award today and they’ll air it on the 5th :DDD  

 

BANG!

 

“Ouch!”

“I’m sorry!” I looked down.

“Ji Eun-ie?” I blinked.

“Oppa!?” Ji Eun looked as surprised as I was.

“I thought you said you had a schedule this afternoon?” Her suspicious eyes fell on me as I helped her up.

“I thought you had one too? It’s like 5 P.M. now…”

“So we were referring to the same schedule?” We asked in unison.

 

It sounded more like a confirmation statement than a question. She laughed for what seemed like forever. It’s been long since I last saw her. And I missed her.

Her face.

Her laugh.

Her smile.

Basically every little thing of her... *dreamily goes into fanboy mode*

 

“Oppa! You really should stop blanking out when you’re with me” She pouted.

“Ooh. I’m sorry about that” I apologized.

“A penny for your thoughts?” She asked with curious eyes.

 

‘You’ I answered her question in my head.

 

“I’m not selling it away.” I replied firmly.

“Not to you” I mumbled as I started heading for her waiting room.

“Why, oppa? Tell me, tell me, tell tell tell tell tell me!” She trailed behind me.

“Are you free later?” I tried to change topics.

“I guess so. Manager oppa said the one after this was cancelled last minute.” She said nonchalantly.

 

Attention diversion – success! :DDD

 

“What about you?” She threw the ball back to me when she noticed I kept silent after her answer.

“I am too, I think? I’m not really sure…” I looked down.

“I just finished my rehearsal, oppa. Have you finished yours?”

“I haven’t…”

“I’m here! You want to come in for a while?” She pointed into the room while opening the door with an inviting smile.

“Erm… Better not. There’s err… rehearsal!” I stuttered a goodbye and left quickly as flashbacks flooded me.

 

Flashback

“Owww…” She whined softly as Yoseob held her ankle once again.

“Sorry! Did I hurt you? Was I grabbing it too hard? Sorry, Ji Eun-ah!” Yoseob was freaking out.

“It’s alright, oppa…”

“Ji Eun-ah! We need to rush for another schedule! You’d better hurry…” IU’s manager broke the silence.

 

He stared at the scene in front of him. His artiste sitting on the couch with one of her shoes off and a guy kneeling on the floor, grabbing onto her ankle.

 

“Oh, hyung…” Yoseob stammered.

“Yoseob! I haven’t seen you since the collaboration stage in January! How are you doing?”

“Fine, thank you” Yoseob stood up and scratched his head awkwardly.

“What were you two doing?”

Flashback end

 

I shuddered at the thought of that day. ‘That was awkward.’


[At the official awards ceremony (11th Korea Visual Arts Festival)]

 

Prize presenters: This year, we have with us three ‘Most Photogenic Award’ winners. Firstly, B2ST. Congratulations!

 

“It’s been a bit over a year since we debuted. Although we still lack in a lot of areas, we thank all the directors who have filmed us and made us look nice and cool. We will work harder in the future to give back for this award.” Junhyung said thankfully into the mic.

 

Prize presenters: Thank you, boys! Congratulations once again! Now for our second award-winner, Orange caramel. Congratulations girls!

 

Raina noona bent forward awkwardly with the bouquet of flowers and started, “Since the winners of this award were chosen directly by directors, we feel more honored. We will work harder to become a better Orange Caramel, so please look out for us.”

 

Prize presenters: Aren’t their smiles pretty to look at? Well, moving on, our last award – winner, the nation’s little sister, IU! Congratulations!

 

Ji Eun walked up to the mic gracefully with her usual smile, with her award and flowers already in hand. She looks even better than normal in her elegant outfit with matching hairstyle ;)

 

“There are so many other pretty singers, so thank you for choosing me. I will work to become a hard working IU.” Her thank-you speech was short and sweet.

 

After bowing and offering our thanks to the prize presenters, all of the others made their way to the backstage as we stayed on the stage to continue our performance. Throughout the whole performance, whenever I looked back, I could see the MC noona and hyung smiling warmly at us. They seemed entertained with our cute stage and I was pretty glad. The cheers of our dear B2UTYs motivated me even more to give my best on this stage.

 

BEAST’s performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0J9pRhCXo

 

After us was Orange Caramel. When we cleared the stage, we saw them at the side and congratulated one another once again. Then, we made our way to our waiting room. I brisk walked and hurried the guys. I had to make it back there before Ji Eun started performing. I can’t wait to watch her actual performance since I missed her rehearsal performance! ):

 

Orange Caramel’s performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsZMPmy6n-s

 

“It’s on! It’s on!” I squealed as I sat on couch in front of the television set.

“Wow. Ji Eun must be really nervous” Doojoon commented.

“She’s so stiff!” Kiki stated.

“But her voice is still awesome” Hyunseung gasped.

“As usual” I said with my eyes glued to the screen.

“She’s doing so well” Dongwoon shrieked with sparkly eyes.

 

He was the number 2 fan boy of Ji Eun in BEAST. After me, the number 1 fan boy, of course. Keke :P

 

“It’s just another of her many performances and I don’t get why you guys are so excited over it.” Junhyung said, looking up from his phone.

“Oh, whatever” I glared at him.

“Oops” He gulped.

“You should’ve known better” Hyunseung laughed.

“Just shut up already! WE CAN’T HEAR HER!” Dongwoonie and I wailed together.

 

IU’s performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEGg78Fz_eQ


[15 minutes after IU's performance ended]

From: Seobbie Oppa

Ji Eun-ah! You have no other plans after this right? (:

“BEEP BEEP YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MESSAGE BEEP BEEP”

 

From: Ji Eun

Yeah, why? (:

From: Seobbie Oppa

Nothing! Quickly get changed and I’ll go over to your waiting room! I want to hang out! ):

From: Ji Eun

Sure thing~ Ice cream? :DDD

From: Seobbie Oppa

Anything you want ^^

“Guys! I’M SO EXCITED!” I yelled loudly while running around the room to hug everyone.

“Can you understand? Can youuuuu?” I screamed into Dongwoon’s ears while shaking him by his shoulders.

“Yes yes” Dongwoon mumbled, frightened by my sudden actions.

“Just make sure you keep your cool in front of her later” Hyunseung pinched my nose.

“And don’t screw up”

“Yah! Yong Junhyung! Do you really have to be such a wet blanket all the time?” Doojoon smacked him in his head.

“Yeah, we’re supposed to support one another” I fake cried.

 

He rolled his eyes and received more smacks. I’m glad that I had someone like Doojoon who always stood up for me. ^^

 

“Remember not to stutter, Seobbie!” Kiki said encouragingly.

“It doesn’t matter what ending it comes to. We’ll all be here for you, always.” Finally Junhyung said something constructive! :DD

“Fighting!~” All of them cried and surrounded me.

“Thanks guys. I’m leaving! Inform manager hyung for me.” I left the room for Ji Eun after we had a last group hug.

 

It's finally time to reveal my true feelings. I was afraid of rejection and the attacks she'd get from B2UTYs all this while. But now, I didn't want to think anymore. Thinking too much would bring me nowhere but more headaches and concrete actions are more practical. I didn't care if I got rejected; I just want my feelings to be known to her before someone else gets her. It was all that matters.