I said I like you

손이 가 (Take My Hand)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"JohahandagoI said I like you."

Eunhye felt like she just did the ice bucket challenge. All she could do was stare back at Mark as he said those words repeatedly. When she didn't answer the second time he said it, Mark took her hand and put his face closer to hers, forcing her to look him in the eyes. 

"I like you," he said it in English this time.

"Joha hajimaYou can't."

His hand dropped. "'Musun deusiya?What do you mean?"

"Joha hamyeon andwaeYou can't like me."

" Imi ppajyeosseoI already do! You can't do anything about that now." Her silence followed his words again, and Mark stared at her, trying to look for answers. "Na shirheo?You don't like me?"

She couldn't look into Mark's eyes and she turned away, feeling another sting in her eyes and lump in . Her heart was drumming in her ears. Mark was demanding answers from her and she couldn't give him any. If she'd be truthful, everything she built up all these months would crash and burn. It was her fault for being too friendly with him. This guy was just as vulnerable as she was two years ago when she met Chanyeol, and everything was just happening all over again. Mark was lonely and homesick, had been living with six younger guys and managers, making him long for someone who would take care of him. She shouldn't have let herself indulge in his company. 

She realized then that Mark had helped her let go of Chanyeol. Unconsciously, as days became weeks and weeks became months, she had been looking forward to seeing him, to take comfort in his silence. They were so different from each other and that somehow made their times together even better. He never talked that much, but his presence never once made her feel as if she was alone. In addition to that, he was a good listener, and whenever he opened his mouth to speak, he always had something to say. Yet if she accepted Mark's feelings now, she wouldn't be fair to anyone. Not to him, nor his fans, and most especially not to herself. She had gotten over breaking up with Chanyeol yet she still need to pick up the pieces, and she had to do it on her own. 

"Ireol suga arasseoI knew this would happen," Mark sighed at her silence. "TwaesseoNever mind. Keu malman ]hago shipeosseo mwoI just wanted to tell you that anyway. I didn't really expect anything." 

He started to walk away, but Eunhye was rooted to the spot. She also turned away, not wanting to see him walk out her door and out of her life and regret it later. If she saw his retreating back, she knew it would haunt her forever. However, she knew it was the right thing to do. She had to let him walk away, while they both still can. She already did it before, didn't she? It didn't mean it was easy for her. Eunhye went to retreat to her room when she felt a tug as Mark changed his mind and went back. He turned her to face him.

"Chanyeol itaemune?Is it because of Chanyeol?" he asked, trying to understand. "Ijjilsu eobseoseoYou can't forget him? Ajikdo saranghae?Do you still love him? Keuraedo nan kwaenchanhaI'm fine with that. Kidarilsu isseoI can wait."

"Chanyeol taemun aniyaIt's not because of him."

"So you just don't like me. Okay."

"I didn't say that."

He sighed louder than ever, defeated. "Then why?"

"I can't like you."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"Keureongeot dashi mothaeI can't do that again," she said, trying to say her words carefully. "Da aljanhaYou know e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter