They fit together

손이 가 (Take My Hand)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A part time student and part time employee sure needed a day off. She just finished the game design that was her graduation requirement and Eunhye thought she deserved a break from all those studying and working. She took the day off from work and slept in until noon. She would have gone more than that but the doorbell rang and she just had to get up. And who would be there but Mark Tuan.

She knew she shouldn't be too close to the guy, but she couldn't help it. She somehow found comfort in his company, even though he never did really do much but listen to her babble about anything under the sun. He would sometimes crack jokes that wouldn't be funny, but just the mere thought of the guy trying to be funny was the thing that made her laugh. He said he came to make her teach him how to cook so he could surprise his other members, and she decided she would just cook and have Mark help her.

And that was what they did, until Mark remembered he had to call home which he had already scheduled because of the time difference. He left to get his phone but he never came back again, and now Eunhye was already done cooking. She had already transferred all the food into a container and thought about bringing it down to the kids' dorm. When she got there, JB was there with Bambam, and JB had gone inside the unit before Eunhye could approach them. Bambam though, seeing that she was holding something that suspiciously looked (and smelled) delicious, stayed behind and waited for her.

"Noona! I miss you!"

She said hello to him and walked past him to pretend she was going somewhere else with the food when he tried to grab the container.

"Halmeoni hante julkkeI'm giving this to Grandma," she said, talking about the old lady that lived in the unit across GOT7's. She wasn't really going to, since she already gave the old lady her baked pie just before she went back and got the food for GOT7. Mark was supposed to help her carry it but he was such a crow and he never came back. 

"Urineun?What about us?" Bambam said, putting his hands together and making cute faces.

"Neon diet haetjanhaYou're on diet," she retorted.

"Nado diet haeyadwaena?Do I need to do that?" Bambam said, flexing his imaginary muscles. Eunhye felt bad that Bambam was so thin, she might feed him all the food she made. "Noona deurowayoCome in."

"TwaesseoNevermind, igeo padago naega kalkketake this and I'll go."

"Eyy, kachi deurowalet's both come inside. C'mon."

The door opened and Bambam dragged Eunhye inside. The first person her eyes fell on was Mark, and he looked pale. She started to approach him and talk to him about promising to come back and help her, but she caught her tongue. She didn't want to sound clingy so she just smiled instead.

And that was when she heard him.

"Hye-a."

She would recognized that voice  even if she was in a coma. She looked around and found him, towering over everyone inside the room. Involuntarily, she took a step back when he approached her. She didn't understand what she felt or know what she should feel. Her mind was blank at that moment, and she didn't even notice it when Mark pulled her away and locked her in his room.

"You don't have to say anything, I'll get rid of him," he was saying. He still hadn't let go of her hand.

"He's here, Mark."

"I know. You can stay in my room, I'll tell him to f--"

"Mark, I need to see him."

She saw Mark's shoulders fall as his hand dropped. She really appreciated Mark's offer to protect her, but she really had to see Chanyeol. She would be lying if she said she didn't miss him, and she was done lying. However, she also knew well that she needed to explain to Chanyeol why she left, and why they would never be together again. 

"Ddo ulkkeoyaYou'll cry again. Shirheo."

"Let me out."

"Eunhye." Mark held on to the door.

"Mark."

There was a pause and then Mark took her hand again. Eunhye felt a jolt that had nothing to do with her current situation -- hiding from her ex in someone else's room in someone else's house. She smiled weakly at Mark, trying to figure out w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter