어떻게 보내야 할지? (How can I let you go?)

손이 가 (Take My Hand)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun apparently told on her. How else would Chanyeol know where she lived? She didn't even know how Baekhyun found out. None of her colleagues from the radio station knew where she moved. Of course, she still wouldn't tell Chanyeol where exactly was her unit, and there was no way she'd let him into her house. And so she led him to the rooftop, where she had spent some nights with Mark, just talking.

Somehow, she felt guilty when Chanyeol sat at the same spot that was Mark's usual seat by the terrace. Putting on a blank face, she chose to stand in front of him instead of sitting beside him. Seconds passed and they just stood there, not knowing what to say. Chanyeol broke the silence.

"Kyeorheun haesseoI got married."

Eunhye snorted. "BwasseoI saw that."

"Bwasseo?You did? Baekhyuneun bojimaragu malanhaesseo?Didn't Baekhyun tell you not to watch?"

So he was the one who told Baekhyun to tell her not to watch. Two years with this guy and he didn't really know her at all. If you tell Eunhye to do something, she'd do the exact opposite. Of course, if one told her not to watch, naturally she'd want to see that.

"Nan ajikdo jalmoreunabwaYou still don't know me," she commented. "Hajimaragu haeramyeon keunyang deo hago shipgeIf you tell me not to do something, I'd want to do it more. Neoneun?What about you? Ojimaragu haetneunde wae wa?I told you not to come, why did you?"

"Nado keureohkeI'm like that, too," he snapped. "BogoshipeoseoI missed you."

She looked away at his blunt words. He had always been frank about what he felt, and she always made him guess what she was thinking.

"Wae nagasseo?Why did you leave?" he asked, his voice cracking. 

This was what she was supposed to tell him, right? The reason why she left him... She wanted to tell him but then he'd be in more pain. When she didn't answer, Chanyeol stood up and towered over her.

"Waenyagu?I asked you, why?! SaranghandaguYou said you love me. Maldo eobsi keunyang sarajyeosseoYou disappeared without any warning. Nareul jinjjaro saranghaetni?Did you really love me? Animyeon ta keojitmal yeosseo?Or was everything a lie?"

The love she had for Chanyeol couldn't be more real. But so was his dream, and so was her life. She didn't want to be living in hiding, even though she understood their situation quite well. Understanding it and having to live it are two separate things.

"Daedap anhae?You're not going to answer me?"

"Manhi pigeonhaesseoI was so tired of it."

"Pigeonhaesseo?Tired? Nareul?Of me? Uri sarang?Our love?"

"Eolmana himdeulji ara?Did you know how hard it was?" she asked, not backing down. "Hangsang sumgyeosseoI was always hiding. Maeil maeil deo geobman nasseoI grew more afraid day by day. Pyeongwondo katjanhaI even had to be hospitalized. Keureohke gyesok salgo shipji anhdaI didn't want to keep living like that. I want my life back."

"Nataemune manhi apagunaSo you were hurt because of me."

She bit her tongue. She shouldn't have said that. She told him then that she just got into an accident when she knew all along that it was a group of obsessed fans who ran her down.

"Eo. Jal salsuga eobseoMy life was hard."

"NataemuneBecause of me," he concluded.

She saw his tears even before they came. His chest was heaving up and down, and she knew he was trying to hold it in. Seeing him like that made her own eyes water and they came so fast she didn't have time to stop them.

"Deoragamyeon andwae?Can't you come back?" he asked, wiping her tears. "Deo jalhaejulkkeI'll do better. Hwaesa-e keumando dwaeI can even leave the company."

She stomped her foot in exhasperation. She didn't want him to stop doi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter