Day 9 - December 9th

Naughty and Nice

    “Good morning.” A happy Sungmin said as he opened the door to Kyuhyun’s room. Kyuhyun tossed and turned at the light hitting his eyes, making Sungmin laugh. “I made you breakfast.”

    Kyuhyun blinked his eyes open and looked at the smaller boy. He had a bright, cheery smile on his face and held a plate of eggs, bacon, and homemade hash browns.

    “I didn’t know how you liked your eggs, so I did them over easy.” Sungmin added. “I hope that’s okay?”

    Kyuhyun pushed himself up on his elbows and Sungmin held the plate closer to him. Kyuhyun rubbed his face to wake himself up before taking the place and looking down at it. He said nothing, but took a bite of the eggs, sighing in bliss.

    “Where do you learn how to cook like this?” He smiled happily.

    “My mom had taught me when I was little.”

    Kyuhyun continued eating happily and looked over at the clock. It was six in the morning, way too early for him, but with Sungmin here, he didn’t mind waking up that early. He was glad to have someone nice to him around. Kyuhyun choked because he was eating his food too quickly and Sungmin laughed.

    “Don’t die on it!”

    “It’s so good though!” Kyuhyun smiled happily. He thought for a moment, then looked up at Sungmin, “Will you teach me how to cook today?”

    “Today?” Sungmin asked, “I have work.”

    Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “When don’t you work?”

    “Well, not only that, I have practice tonight too.”

    “For what?” Kyuhyun asked, curiously.

    Sungmin blushed, “I’m the new choreographer for a play in town.”

    “The Grinch?”

    “Yeah, how’d you know?”

    Kyuhyun bit his lip, “Let’s just say, I’m the mean one.”

    Sungmin was confused at first but quickly caught on, “Oh my god. You’re the Grinch!?”

    Smiling and nodding, Kyuhyun replied, “Yup and your little girlfriend plays the mother of Cindy Lou.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin was directing the moves to the first song when the directors decided to let everyone take a break. Quickly the smaller male spotted his crush, Naomi. He couldn’t believe he actually got to work with the girl he likes so much but has never said a word to. He grabbed a water bottle from the cooler and felt someone touch his shoulder.

    Sungmin jumped and turned around. Standing in front of him was the love of his life, Naomi, “Hey, Sungmin. Great moves out there.”

    Sungmin blushed as his brain just shut down, “H-H… T-T… I… You… Pretty.”

    Naomi giggled, “You’re funny.”

    Sungmin just felt himself melting into her words.

    “Would you like to go out for some coffee sometime?”

    Sungmin nodded vigorously, “Uh huh.”

    She laughed again and slipped something into his hand, “Great. Call me.”

    Sungmin swooned as she walked off. He looked down at the note in his hand, it for sure had seven digits on it and he was extremely excited to call her and go on a date. He kissed the paper and smiled to himself.

    “Sungmin?” The small boy turned around and noticed Kyuhyun standing there. “Are you okay?” He asked. He noticed the goofy grin on his face and Kyuhyun crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, “What’s got you so happy?”

    Sungmin looked up at him blissfully, “S-She talked to me!”

    Kyuhyun looked back and noticed his ex-girlfriend staring at Sungmin. Kyuhyun’s face dropped and he looked back at Sungmin, “Sungmin, what did she say to you?”

    Sungmin blinked a few times, “Why? What’s it matter to you?”

    Kyuhyun retorted, “Because I know what kind of a person she is. I just want to-” He realized Sungmin was pretty much tuning him out and he sighed, “Just be careful.”

    “Yeah, yeah.” Sungmin replied.

    “So are you still gonna teach me how to cook tonight? If so, I’ll be at your place around eight.”

    “Sure.” Sungmin said, not really paying much attention to Kyuhyun.

    Kyuhyun smiled, “Promise?”

    “Yup.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin was working with Yesung, helping take care of the daycare when there was a knock at the door.

    “I’ll get it!” Sungmin shouted to Yesung as he stood to get the door.

    He was wearing a paint stained apron from finger painting with all the kids, nonetheless, he opened the door and was greeted with his best friend.

    “Hey Donghae!”

    Donghae quickly entered, shivering, “Damn it’s cold outside!”

    “Hey!” Yesung shouted from the kitchen, “We’ve got kids here!”

    “Sorry, Yesung!” Donghae called back.

    “What are you doing here?” Sungmin asked his friend.

    Donghae smiled and looked back down at his best friend, “I have some exciting news!”

    “What’s that?”

    “I just got you a gig as an elf at the mall this year!”

    Sungmin’s smile turned bigger and brighter, “Are you serious!?”

    Donghae nodded and stretched out his arms. Sungmin ran into Donghae, hugging him tightly.

    “Thank you so much!” He pulled away and looked up, “How’d you do it?”

    Donghae shrugged, “I know a guy.”

    Sungmin’s smile never left his face, “This is the best day ever!”

    “Oh yeah? How’s that?”

    Sungmin looked around to see if any of the kids were listening, then whispered, “Naomi finally talked to me.”

    “Really?” Donghae exclaimed, “That’s awesome!”

    “I know, right? She gave me her phone number and wants to go out for coffee with me!”

    “When?”

    Sungmin blushed, “I-I don’t know.. I haven’t called her yet.”

    “Well what are you waiting for!?” Donghae reached around Sungmin’s pockets until he found his phone.

    Donghae held the phone out of Sungmin’s reach. “Give it back!” Sungmin shouted.

    Donghae unlocked the phone and began typing a text message to Sungmin’s girl crush. It read,

    

You, me, Mouse Rabbit, tonight at 8 PM, see you then - Sungmin

 

    “Donghae! What the hell!?” Sungmin shouted.

    “Children!” Yesung called out again.

    “Sorry!” Donghae and Sungmin replied simultaneously.

    Donghae felt the phone buzz and Sungmin quickly grabbed it. He swallowed nervously before opening the message.

 

    It’s a date.

 

    “Yes!” Sungmin shouted happily.

    “Woo!” Donghae exclaimed, “See, I knew it would work!”

    Sungmin rolled his eyes and smiled down at the message back from his crush. He was overjoyed and couldn’t wait for tonight.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Eight o’clock came around and two boys were in two different places. Kyuhyun stood outside Sungmin’s door, knocking, waiting for the older, yet shorter boy to answer. He was excited to learn how to cook today. He hadn’t eaten all night because he wanted to wait for this moment to eat. He wondered what they were going to cook together. It was getting colder though and Kyuhyun was hoping Sungmin would answer soon.

    He stuck his hands in his pockets and pulled out his phone. Breathing lightly, he could see his breath as he typed in seven digits on his keypad. He held the phone up to his ear and heard it ring a few times until it went to voicemail. ‘He’s probably out getting ingredients’ Kyuhyun thought, ‘He should be back soon.’

    Meanwhile, Sungmin was sitting in one of the booths across from his long time infatuation. He felt like the luckiest guy on earth to be sitting across from her. They were quietly sipping on their coffee while she stared out the window and Sungmin stared at her complexion.

    “It’s so pretty outside. I love winter.” She said, looking back at Sungmin. She noticed he had been looking at her the whole time and blushed, “D-Don’t you think so?”

    Sungmin snapped out of his trance, “Y-Yeah. The winter is nice. December is my favorite month.”

    “Mine too.” Naomi replied.

    They were quietly playing Christmas songs through the cafe’s speakers and Sungmin loved everything that was happening tonight.

    “So, you know Kyuhyun?” Naomi suddenly asked.

    “Huh?” Sungmin blinked a few times, “Oh, him? Hardly. He’s just a guy who follows me around.”

    She raised her eyebrow, “Oh yeah? I know how that is.”

    Sungmin looked at her confused, “What do you mean?”

    Naomi looked up at Sungmin sadly, “He was really mean to me, Sungmin. He would throw things at me and be super rude. I didn’t ever think he would do that to me.”

    “Really?” Sungmin asked shocked.

    Naomi nodded slightly, “You’ll stay away from him, won’t you?” She fluttered her eyes, “For me?”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin drove himself home after his perfect date. He parked his car and headed up the stairs to his apartment. Unlocking the door, he opened it and something fell to the floor. Sungmin bent over and picked it up. It was a card in an envelope with his name on it. Underneath his name was Kyuhyun's. Sungmin stared at it confused and entered his apartment. He set his keys down on the counter and raised an eyebrow at the card.

    He quickly thought about what Naomi said to him tonight.

 

     “You’ll stay away from him, won’t you? For me?”

 

    Sungmin scrunched his brows at the card threw it over on his dining table under the window without bothering to open it. He patted his pockets, realizing he left his phone in his car. He sighed and grabbed his keys again and headed down the stairs. Unlocking his car, he crawled in and grabbed his phone from the driver's seat.

    “Sungmin.”

    Sungmin jumped and turned around, but to his surprise, no one was there. He scratched his head confused and climbed out of his car. Heading up the stairs again to his apartment. He noticed it had started to snow again. He smiled at the white flakes falling all around and stood against the second floor balcony. He reached into his coat pocket and his hand brushed against something. He pulled it out of his pocket. It was the note that Naomi had given him, the one with her number on it.

    He rested his arms against the railing and stared at Naomi’s handwriting on the small piece of paper. He smiled at it until the wind suddenly blew roughly, making the note fly out of his hands. Sungmin tried to reach for it, but it got lost between all the wind and snowflakes flying around. He covered his face until the rough wind passed. Sungmin slowly blinked his eyes open again and moved his arm. Looking in the direction the note flew off in, he saw a figure standing on the ground, two floors below. He squinted his eyes and realized he recognised the figure.

    “Kyuhyun?”

    Sungmin rubbed his eyes and looked back, the figure was gone. He blinked a few times, confused and looked around trying to find him. ‘Am I just hallucinating?’ He thought to himself. He pushed himself away from the railing and turned to walk inside. Holding his door open, he looked back out at the snowy world around and shrugged before heading inside for the night.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!(:

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: