Day 16 - December 16th

Naughty and Nice

“I can’t believe you actually said yes.”

“Shut up and get in my house.”

Kyuhyun smiled up at the person he used to bully seven years ago and entered the large house. He looked around, the place was pretty big, better than what Kyuhyun was used to.

“So why are you here, Cho?” Siwon asked closing the door behind him.

“Because you let me stay?” Kyuhyun replied stupidly.

“No you , I mean here in Incheon. Why are you here and homeless?”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Oh! Well I-I um… N-Needed a new change.”

    “Try again.” Siwon said, crossing his arms, clearly not believing him.

    Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “I like this city better than Seoul?”

    “Nope.”

    Kyuhyun sighed, “Alright fine, I fell in love and got rejected so I’m running from my feelings.”

    Siwon smiled and uncrossed his arms, “That sounds more like you.”

    Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah.”

    “Well, if you don’t want to talk about it any further, I’ll show you to your room.”

    Kyuhyun followed the man that was as tall as him down the hall and arrived in front of a door. He dragged his suitcase inside and set it down, looking around the room.

    “Thank you for letting me stay here.”

    “You know,” Siwon started, “You’re a lot nicer than when I knew you back then.”

    Kyuhyun smiled, “Yeah, well, people change.”

    “You're right, I mean it has been seven years.” Siwon smiled as well, “Why don’t we catch up?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    “Lee Donghae! Let me go!”

    “No! Tell us where Kyuhyun is!”

    “Never! Ah!”

    Donghae tickled Eunhyuk’s feet with a feather, making Eunhyuk laugh uncontrollably.

    “Why won’t you tell us?” Sungmin asked crossing his arms.

    “Because you duct taped me to a chair damn it!” Eunhyuk shouted angrily.

    “And why do your feet smell like chili?” Donghae asked, plugging his nose.

    Eunhyuk looked down at his ex, “Because I don’t wash.”

    “But do you season!?” Donghae asked, earning a smack from Sungmin.

    “Focus!” Sungmin shouted. He looked back at Eunhyuk, “Where is Kyuhyun?”

    “I don’t see why I should tell you! You’re the who drove him away!” Eunhyuk shouted.

    Donghae looked up from Eunhyuk over to his best friend and noticed how sad of a look he had on his face. Donghae hit Eunhyuk, “Damn you! It’s not his fault! It-”

    “No, Donghae.” Sungmin said sadly, “H-He’s right.”

    Donghae turned his head to see his best friend.

    “I did drive him away. I couldn’t keep him around even if I wanted to. I-It’s all my fault.” Sungmin sniffled, “N-Now he’s gone and… A-And… I have to forget him.”

    “Sungmin…” Donghae said sadly.

    Sungmin smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek. He took a deep breath and wiped the tear from his face. Looking at Eunhyuk he said, “Tell him I’m sorry.”

    Sungmin left the room, leaving Eunhyuk and Donghae alone, not knowing what to do or say.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    “So tell me about your life since I’ve seen you.” Siwon started before taking a sip of his coffee, “Have you bullied anyone else?”

    Kyuhyun laughed slightly, “No, I left the old Cho Kyuhyun behind years ago… Well, until it came to my ex-girlfriend.”

    “You didn’t abuse her, did you?” Siwon asked shocked.

    “No! Of course not!” Kyuhyun replied, “I just… Well… Let me start from the beginning.” Kyuhyun took a sip of his coffee from his cup and cleared his throat before starting to talk about his past. “So on Graduation day, my parents died and that day, my eyes just opened to the world around me. I realized I was only a bully because I was bullied from other kids when I was little. My parents were the only ones there for me…”

 

    “Congrats! We finally did it!” Eunhyuk flashed his gummy smile to his best friend.

    “Hey, you too.” Kyuhyun returned the smile.

    The auditorium was filled with people, praising their loved ones for completing their school course. Kyuhyun stopped to take a few pictures with friends and classmates before he never saw them again.

    “Where are your parents?” Eunhyuk asked, “I want to get a picture of both our families together.”

    “I don’t know.” Kyuhyun replied, “I was looking for them in the crowd but there’s just too many people here.”

    “Kyuhyun! There you are!” A teacher, Kyuhyun’s music teacher. He was out of breath as he ran up to the tall male. “I need to speak to you. Will you come into my classroom please?”

    Kyuhyun looked back at his best friend who was talking to another one of their classmates. He shrugged and decided to follow his favorite teacher back to his classroom.

    Kyuhyun sat on the piano bench and stared down at the keys as he ran his fingers across them. He smiled, “My mom loves piano. She taught me how to play.”

    The teacher had tears in his eyes hearing Kyuhyun’s happiness.

    Kyuhyun looked up at his teacher and smiled, “What did you have to say?”

    His teacher took a deep breath and looked the younger male straight in the eyes, “Kyuhyun, t-this pains me to tell you but… Your parents… Are dead.”

    Kyuhyun blinked a few times and laughed. He knew his teacher was always joking around about things, “Y-You’re joking. Very funny.”

    “Kyuhyun, I’m being serious.” He had a lump in his throat, “Y-Your father murdered your mother a-and then k-killed himself.”

    “W-What?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief, “W-Why would he do that? Everything was so perfect. I don’t-” His face dropped. “I-I know why…”

    “W-Why?”

    Kyuhyun breathed shakily, “H-He had an a-affair with some named Cho Hee. My mom found out.”

    The teacher watched Kyuhyun sadly.

    “He did the same thing to me when I found out.” Kyuhyun corrected himself, “He tried to kill me too.”

    The teacher moved over to where Kyuhyun was sitting, “Kyuhyun, I am so sorry that this had to happen to you, even more so on your Graduation day.”

    A tear fell from his eyes, “Life .” Kyuhyun stood and began walking toward the door, “Mine’s always been that way.”


 

    Kyuhyun sniffled, “After my parents left me, I was on my own. I inherited everything they owned but couldn’t handle the pressure.” Kyuhyun sighed, “I kept only the most precious things from my parents and threw everything else away. Their money all went to a charity.”

    “Wow, Kyuhyun, I’m so sorry.” Siwon said looking down at the liquid in his cup.

    “Don’t need to be.” Kyuhyun replied, “Anyways, a couple years later, I met this girl at a convention. Her name was Seohyun…”


 

    “Oh wow, you sing?”

    Kyuhyun looked up at the girl standing in front of his booth at the busy convention. Her complexion shined under the tacky lights, her eyes twinkled brightly, she was gorgeous. Kyuhyun was caught for words, “Y-Yeah.”

    “Are you any good?” She questioned.

    Kyuhyun shrugged. He pointed to the headphones taped down on the table, attached to his phone, “You can listen and figure that out for yourself.”

    She picked up the headphones and put them on over her ears. Kyuhyun’s sweet voice combined with the piano played through the headphones. Seohyun fell in love with his voice immediately. She closed her eyes and listened carefully to his beautiful voice.

    Removing the headphones, she looked down at the boy, “Can I have one of your CD’s?”

    Kyuhyun smiled and reached down into one of the boxes below him. He pulled out a pen and looked down at the CD. “Who am I making it out to?”

    “Seohyun.”

    Kyuhyun signed the CD, leaving his phone number and smiley face underneath.


 

“She was beautiful, attractive, sweet… Or so I thought… We were together for six years and I was planning to ask her to marry me until I found out she had been cheating on me for the last four years.” Kyuhyun gritted his teeth, “How I was so oblivious to it for that long, I’ll never know. She was good at hiding things from me. So I broke up with her and…” Kyuhyun smiled softly, “T-That’s when I met him.”

“A man?” Siwon asked.

Kyuhyun smiled down at the table, “Mmm hmm. Sungmin’s his name. He’s just amazing. Beautiful black hair, super short, foxy brown eyes, sweet M shaped lips…” His face dropped, “H-He’s the reason I left.”

Siwon tilted his head, “And he rejected your feelings, so…”

Kyuhyun looked up at his old classmate, “Now I’m sitting here with you.”

“Do you plan on going back?”

“If I can forget about him, yes.”

“And if not?”

“Then I move further until the pain stops.”

“You’re a fool.” Siwon shook his head.

“So I’ve been told.” Kyuhyun looked out the window and sighed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: And so we learn about Kyuhyun’s past. I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: