Day 6 - December 6th

Naughty and Nice

Sungmin’s alarm clock on his phone went off at about five o’clock in the morning, waking him for work in three hours. He only wakes up early so he can be certain he’s awake enough for work. He yawned and sat up, popping his back happily before standing and tiredly walking into his bedroom. He noticed the sleeping male laying in his bed and he cringed slightly.

Walking over to his dresser, he picked out a fresh pair of underwear. The same ones Kyuhyun had picked up last night. He looked back at Kyuhyun who was still sleeping and shrugged. Sungmin removed all the clothing from his body and replaced his underwear. Walking over to his closet he looked for some clothes to wear for the day.

“So they are yours.”

“Ah!” Sungmin jumped and turned around to face Kyuhyun, quickly covering his junk, “What the hell are you doing up?”

“I’m a light sleeper when I’m hungover.” Kyuhyun replied.

Sungmin blushed, “W-Well look away. I’m practically .” He mumbled that last part.

“I like the view.”

“Yah!” Sungmin shouted insecurely.

    He grabbed a shirt and threw it at Kyuhyun’s head. Kyuhyun laughed, “What’s so bad about liking your body?”

    “You’re a guy and so am I!” Sungmin blushed and grabbed pants, putting them on, buckling a belt over them. “That’s what’s wrong.”

    “That I’m gay and you’re sorta gay?”

    “What!?”

    “Don’t lie.” Kyuhyun pointed his finger at Sungmin.

    “I’m not gay.” Sungmin scratched the back of his neck.

    “See, you’re lying.”

    “How?”

    “Awkward contact with hand to neck.” Kyuhyun said matter-of-factly.

    “My neck itches.” Sungmin replied.

    “Sure it does.” Kyuhyun smirked.

    “Whatever.” Sungmin replied grabbing a white button up shirt, slipping it over his arms. He began buttoning the buttons, “Well I have work in a few hours. Can I take you home soon?”

    “After a cup of coffee.” Kyuhyun smiled.

    “I don’t have a coffee machine.”

    “What!?” He looked at the smaller shocked, “You work at a cafe and you don’t own a coffee machine?”

    Sungmin blinked a few times, “I don’t see what’s so shocking about this.”

    “You’re mysterious, Lee.”

    Sungmin was now too confused to reply. Kyuhyun laughed and swung his legs over the bed. He stood up and let the blanket over his fall to the floor. He was also half , only bearing a dark blue pair of underwear.

    Sungmin blushed and quickly turned his back to the taller, “Y-Yah!”

    “Oh hush. I’m just going to the bathroom.”

    Sungmin heard the door close and he turned back around. He leaned himself against the closet door and held his hand to his now fast paced beating heart. ‘Why did I let him into my life?’ He thought to himself.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Arriving at work, Sungmin went through the whole day wondering when he would see Kyuhyun again. Would he randomly appear in his life again or would he show up in his house? ‘Aish, why do I care anyway?’ Sungmin thought.

    Sungmin had just finished teaching his Zumba class and was gathering his things when one of his students approached him. The small sized male, Kim Ryeowook. The same Kim Ryeowook that was dating his co-worker from the daycare.

    “Hey Sungmin.” He approached.

    “Hey Ryeowook,” Sungmin smiled, “What’s up?”

    “Did you hear about this year's seasonal play?”

    “Hmm?” Sungmin questioned, “No I didn’t, what is it?”

    “It’s The Grinch the musical and their choreographer had to back out because of a family issue. So they’re looking for someone to choreograph the whole show! I think you’d be perfect for the job!” Ryeowook replied enthusiastically.

    The shorter boy laughed and turned back around to gather his things again, “That’s great that you thought of me but I could never have the time for something like that.”

    “Please Sungmin? They’ll pay fifty dollars an hour!”

    Sungmin stopped in his tracks and turned back around to face the taller male, “F-Fifty dollars an hour?”

Ryeowook nodded, “Yup.”

Sungmin quickly grabbed onto Ryeowook’s shoulders and shook him, “Where do I sign up!?”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin arrived at the fine arts center and took a deep breath before entering the building. He noticed a bunch of people up on the stage. There was loud music playing through the speakers and they were singing a song up on the stage. He noticed the song as the one they sing at the end of the movie until they broke into a much faster beat and the song turned into one called, ‘Who likes Christmas? Welcome Christmas!’. Sungmin smiled at the kids and adults singing in character along the stage and took it upon himself to approach the three people sitting in the auditorium seats.

    “H-Hello?” He asked one of the people.

    All three heads turned to him and the person in the middle spoke, “Who are you?”

    Sungmin bowed, “My name is Lee Sungmin. I heard about the situation with your choreographer and I-”

    You’re Lee Sungmin?” The person closest to him asked.

    Sungmin swallowed nervously, “Y-Yes.”

    The three people looked between each other and the farthest one called to the stage, “Kim Ryeowook, get down here.”

    The music stopped and everyone stopped singing. Ryeowook came out from behind the small children and approached the front of the stage before jumping down and coming toward the others.

    “Ah! Sungmin, you came!” Ryeowook smiled.

    “Ryeowook,” The man in the middle started, “Is this the person you were talking about?”

    Ryeowook nodded vigorously, “Yes. He’s an amazing dancer and I know he can do this job perfectly!”

    Sungmin blushed and looked at the other three, “I would love this job if you would give me the-”

    “It’s not a job.” The person closest to him said.

    “Huh?”

    The farthest person stood, “You will be paid but if you choose to do this, it’s a privilege, not a job.”

    Sungmin realized what they meant and smiled, “Yes sir.”

    “Great!” The middle man stood, “Can you start today?”

    Sungmin looked back at Ryeowook and Ryeowook whispered in his ear, “Yesung already knows. Who do you think plays Cindy Lou Who?”

    “Mr. Sungmin?”

    Sungmin looked down at the person who was tugging at his pants leg, “Keiko!” He kneeled down and lifted the little girl up to hold her, “You’re the cute little star?”

    She laughed and nodded, “Yeah!”

    “Sungmin.” The man closest to him got his attention by also standing, “You’re hired.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin spent his time gathering together a script of the songs, a CD of the music and suggestions about what they want the dances to be like. With all his knowledge and papers, he was ready to create dances to the songs. He even got paid for being there today! Once practice was over, everyone left and Sungmin attended his job at the bar, then the Mouse Rabbit.

    He was cleaning a table at the Mouse Rabbit while humming one of the songs from the musical. He had his headphones in and had been listening to the songs on repeat all day. He wanted to prove that he could do this job.

    The bells above the door chimed and someone new entered the cafe. Sungmin stood up straight, “Hello, welcome to the- Kyuhyun?”

    Kyuhyun wandered into the Mouse Rabbit cafe with his shirt half open and pants ripped, while blood and dirt stained his face and clothes. Sungmin quickly stopped what he was doing and ran toward the taller male.

    “What happened to you?” He asked concerned.

    Kyuhyun said nothing, he only stared down at the smaller male. His skin was pale white and his eyes were bloodshot. Sungmin could tell he was dehydrated and needed to be taken care of. He grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and lead him into the back of the cafe. Shindong was back there gathering his things to leave when he noticed Sungmin bringing someone else into the back.

    “Sungmin? Who’s this?” Shindong asked, “Is he okay?”

    Sungmin pushed all the papers off of Shindong’s desk and made Kyuhyun lie down on top of it. He snapped his head to his co-worker, “Get me a glass of water and throw some ice in a bag and wrap a towel around it for me, quick!”

    Shindong ran around grabbing the remedies for Sungmin while the black haired boy stayed next to Kyuhyun the whole time. “It’s gonna be okay. You’ll be fine.” Sungmin reassured him. Kyuhyun wearily reached his hand up and touched Sungmin’s face. Sungmin held his arm, “You need to stay with me. Do not pass out on me, do you hear me?”

    Kyuhyun blinked his eyes a few times to keep himself awake. Sungmin was worried and badly wanted to know what happened but now was not the time to ask questions. Now was the time to take care of his friend.

    Shindong came back with a full glass of water and a homemade ice pack, quickly handing them over to his co-worker. Sungmin placed the ice pack on Kyuhyun’s forehead and forced him to drink the water in the glass.

    “What happened?” Shindong asked.

    “I don’t know.” Sungmin replied. He was still holding the glass to Kyuhyun’s lips while he held him up slightly with his other arm. Kyuhyun lifted his arm and pushed the glass away from his lips. “Kyuhyun, you need to drink it.” Kyuhyun coughed and blood came out of his mouth. Sungmin looked up at Shindong.

    “I’ll call nine-one-one.” His co-worker said as he ran around to the front to reach the phone.

    Sungmin sighed seeing as Kyuhyun wasn’t going to drink anymore water at the moment and set it down on the chair next to him.

    “I-I’m c-cold.” Kyuhyun whispered.

    Sungmin looked around but knew they had nothing like a blanket or sweater to put around him, so instead Sungmin moved closer and wrapped his other arm around Kyuhyun. The taller male leaned his head against Sungmin's chest and was slowly breathing.

    “Kyuhyun, you need to stay awake.” Sungmin said. He felt Kyuhyun suddenly go limp and he pulled away, holding his head up, he slightly shook him, “Kyuhyun?” He asked.

No answer.

“Kyuhyun!” He had tears in his eyes.

Nothing.

“KYUHYUN!”