Day 14 - December 14th

Naughty and Nice

    Sungmin was working at his morning job when he saw his best friend enter.

    “Hey, Sungmin!” Donghae smiled.

    “Hey, what are you doing here?” Sungmin asked, “It’s your day off today, isn’t it?”

    Donghae nodded, “Yeah but I needed to talk to you.”

    “About what?” Sungmin asked grabbing a stack of shirts, bringing them over to a display table.

    “I need you to talk to Kyuhyun about helping me get back together with Eunhyuk.”

    Sungmin looked up at his friend, “Donghae, if you really want to get back with Eunhyuk, you should make the effort to talk to him yourself. Besides, Kyuhyun and I aren’t really talking right now.”

    “Huh?” Donghae questioned, “Did something happen?”

    Sungmin sighed, “There’s some things you don’t know about…”

    “Well come on, tell me.”

    Sungmin stared down at the pile of clothes, “K-Kyuhyun and I kissed.”

    “What!?”

    “Let me finish!” Sungmin added, “Yes, we kissed and then he started treating me like we were dating and I told him off. Last night he asked me if I felt anything that night…”

    “And?” Donghae asked him to continue, “You told him…”

    “I told him I felt nothing.”

    “Sungmin!”

    “What!?” Sungmin looked up at his best friend, “I told him the truth!”

    Donghae shook his head in disbelief, “No you didn’t.”

    “What?”

    “Sungmin, I’ve known you since we were four years old, I’ve seen your expression when you’re sad, your expression when you’re angry, happy, everything. I saw your expression the first time when you told me you were in love with Naomi. It’s the same look you gave me when you told me how much of an idiot you were for leaving Kyuhyun alone at the hospital.” Donghae explained, “You lied to him.”

    Sungmin looked back down at the clothes pile, “So maybe I did feel something. That still doesn’t change the fact that I’ll never be with him.”

    “If you felt something, then why did you let him just slip through your fingers like that?” Donghae asked.

    “Because I’m in love with Naomi!”

    Donghae paused for a moment and stared into his best friends eyes. He noticed something wasn’t right, “My god…”

    “W-What?” Sungmin asked, his eyes shifting away from Donghae’s.

    “You are too stupid, you know that?”

    “Huh?”

    “I want you to go and apologise to him.”

    “And what on this god forsaken Earth makes you think I should do that?” Sungmin crossed his arms.

    “Your happiness.” Donghae fought back.

    Sungmin’s face softened and Donghae turned away, walking back out of the American Eagle.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin took a deep breath before knocking on the door. He waited for someone to answer and when no one did, he knocked again.

    Nothing.

    “Kyuhyun?” He asked knocking once more. He waited again and still nothing.

 

    “If you tell me you felt nothing, I’ll leave you be.”

 

    Sungmin remembered his words. ‘He’s not serious.’ Sungmin thought.

    “Kyuhyun, open the door.” Sungmin knocked, “I don’t want you to leave me be. I lied to you, okay? When we kissed, I… I-I did feel something I was just too scared to admit it. Now just… J-Just come answer the door.”

    Sungmin waited and still no one came. He looked down at the doorknob and slowly reached for it. He grabbed a hold of it and turned it, pushing open the door to Kyuhyun’s apartment. He looked around the inside and saw it was almost virtually empty.

    “Kyuhyun?” Sungmin asked the empty apartment complex. “K-Kyuhyun? T-This isn’t funny. W-Where are you?”

    No sounds were heard and Sungmin walked further into the apartment. He looked around the kitchen and noticed a notebook sitting on top of the counter with a pen sitting on top of it. He looked around the floor and saw scraps of crumpled paper everywhere. He kneeled down and picked up one of the crumpled balls of paper.

    He opened it and read the words written down,

 

    Sungmin, I can’t keep staying around you when I know that you didn’t feel something. It just breaks my heart to stay around and-

 

    The rest was scribbled out. He picked up another paper and unfolded it.

 

    How could you do this to me? I thought we had something special? I thought-

 

    The rest, scribbled. He picked up another.

 

    Sungmin, if only I could tell you what I really felt when we kissed, maybe I would have-

 

    Another.

 

    It meant the world to me when we-

 

    He felt tears in his eyes and he walked over to the notebook sitting on the counter. He hovered over the paper and carefully read the words written. He read them once, twice, three times, even a thousand times over until they truly hit him.

    Sungmin fell to his knees to the floor in the empty apartment and cried. He couldn’t believe it. The words on the paper, the abandoned apartment, the hole in his heart. He didn’t want to believe it but it was all so true.

 

    I’ll leave you be as I promised. I’m sorry I couldn’t be what you wanted.

    

    I love you, Lee Sungmin.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Holy cow! Sorry for not updating for three days! I started at my new temporary job which goes for literally 10 hours a day and I’m not used to it, so the last few days I have just passed out…. Anywhosies, Kyuhyun confessed! He loves Sungmin!! Haha I hope you all enjoyed these three updates! I promise I will see you all tomorrow!

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: