Day 4 - December 4th

Naughty and Nice

Kyuhyun sprung out of his bed, early so he could get ready for what he called his, 'Final Chance'. He ran around his apartment cleaning, making everything nice and neat for Sungmin. He looked at the clock and saw that it was already one minute to two o'clock. Kyuhyun turned his attention to the door and waited for someone to knock, but that minute turned into more minutes and sooner or later, it was already fifteen minutes past two. Kyuhyun paced the floorboards thinking, 'Where is he?'.

Kyuhyun sighed, sat down on the couch and leaned his head on his right hand. But just as soon as he was to give up, there was a small knock at the door. Kyuhyun jumped up as fast as he could and raced to the door, opening it at lightning speed. Though the only thing he found was a small box, probably left from the UPS guy.

Kyuhyun slowly picked it up and studied the box, it was a medium sized box, decorated with pink wrapping paper and a big pink bow on the top. 'I didn't order anything.' Kyuhyun thought to himself. He brought the package inside and looked at all the sides, shaking it, trying to figure out what was inside of it.

He finally decided to unwrap the package and see what was really inside. Kyuhyun took the bow off the top and slowly unwrapped the wrapping paper, revealing a medium sized box. He took off the top of the box and looked inside. Kyuhyun was quickly hit with the aroma of freshly baked cookies, oatmeal cookies to be in fact. He looked inside the box, on top of the cookies was a small card. He pulled the card out and began reading it aloud,

"Dear Kyuhyun, I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I got called into work early. I will be available at ten PM tonight if you would like to join me then for a very late dinner. Sorry again!" Kyuhyun looked at the signature, "Lee Sungmin. P.S. Enjoy the oatmeal cookies! They’re fresh from the Mouse Rabbit!"

Kyuhyun sighed, he had waited almost all day, again and yet he still had to wait, even though it's his last chance. 'No,' Kyuhyun thought, 'I'm not waiting anymore!'

He stood up and grabbed his coat from the coat rack and headed out the door.

 
 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
 

    “Jae-Hwa, you leave him alone or I will put you in the corner! JungMin, please don’t eat the glue! Oh- Who gave Hyun-Ae the markers again!?” Yesung was running around frantically, trying to calm all the children down.

    Sungmin silently laughed and placed his hand on Yesung’s shoulder, stopping him, “Yesung, let me handle them. How about you go make dinner?”

    “Dinner? But it’s only five o’clock!” Yesung replied, then looked at Sungmin shocked, “I was so busy I forgot to make lunch!!”

Yesung quickly ran into the kitchen, taking a deep breath as he walked in making Sungmin chuckle a bit. Sungmin called for the children's attention and everyone in the room stopped what they were doing to look up at Sungmin.

“Would you guys like to hear a song?” Sungmin asked the children.

“Yeah!!” All the kids cheered.

“Alright, I want you all to sit down on the carpet in the middle of the floor and be as quiet as a mouse.” Sungmin whispered.

The children went to sit down, while Sungmin went to grab his guitar from the back room. He quickly headed back into the room where all the children were sitting on the floor, quietly. Sungmin took a seat on the stool at the front of the children. He began to play the children a beautiful, soft, Christmas song on his guitar and with his voice.

By the time he was finished singing, all the children were sleepy and partly falling asleep, making Sungmin smile a bit. He set his guitar on the ground before saying, "Alright children, before you all take a nap, why don't you all go into the dining room and eat your dinner?"

"Neh!" All the children replied.

Sungmin smiled as Yesung came out of the kitchen, his arms filled with plates of sandwiches. Yesung brought the kids with him into the dining room and Sungmin stood up. He was going to put his guitar back into the back, but when he turned around, he was met with a face and he screamed, flying backwards into the stool. Before he fell on the floor, his arm was caught, keeping him off the floor.

"Careful!" The person said.

Sungmin flipped his hair out of his eyes and looked up at the person, to see that damned Cho Kyuhyun. The taller boy pulled Sungmin up, back on his feet and Sungmin pulled his arm out of Kyuhyun's reach.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Sungmin growled.

"Is that anyway to treat me? Especially in front of kids?" Kyuhyun asked, "I came to visit you!"

"Didn't you get the-" Sungmin's cheeks turned a bright red color, "-thing I sent you?"

"You mean the c-"

Sungmin covered Kyuhyun's mouth with his hand, "Don't you ever say that word in here."

Sungmin removed his hand from Kyuhyun's mouth and began walking toward the direction of the back room, but was stopped when he heard, "What? Cookies?"

It felt like the entire world had slowed down for a moment. As Sungmin turned around and looked into the kitchen, the children turned their heads and looked at Kyuhyun who had said the dreaded word. As if everything was in slow motion, the shock on Kyuhyun's face appeared as the kids ran toward him like a herd of wild animals. Sungmin ran toward Kyuhyun, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the children's sight and into the supplies closet.

Sungmin heard as Yesung called the kids back into the kitchen, telling them that 'there were no cookies at the moment, but if they were good, they would get some after their nap.' Sungmin took a deep sigh as he heard the children's feet slowly walk away. Suddenly, the light in the closet and Sungmin found how close Kyuhyun was to him. Kyuhyun's hand pressed against the door, his warm body almost touching Sungmin's, his face dangerously close. It's true that the closet was small, but there was enough room to give each other some sort of space.

Sungmin screamed and reached for the door handle. The two tumbled out of the closet, Kyuhyun landing on top of Sungmin, both of them blushing madly. They looked into each other's eyes, until one of the kids shouted, "Look, Sungmin's got a boyfriend!"

Sungmin pushed the taller male off the top of him and looked at the kid who shouted that, “I do not!”

All the kids started teasing Sungmin, all except little Keiko who never spoke a word. As if it couldn’t get worse, Sungmin’s face turned even darker. Yesung tried his best to control the kids while trying to shoo Sungmin out of the kids sight.

Sungmin angrily looked over at Kyuhyun, then stood up, “Playroom, now.”

“But-”

“NOW!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    “Why didn’t you wait until ten? I told you that’s when I would be available!”

    “I wanted to see ‘a day in the life of Mr. Lee Sungmin’.” Kyuhyun said with a smile.

    “You’re so... You’re just…” Sungmin grabbed a small fluffy purple pillow that was on the floor and screamed into it.

    “Thank you.” Kyuhyun replied.

    Sungmin took a deep breath and dropped the pillow, turning his back to Kyuhyun and crossing his arms, he said, “Look, I told you that if it’s gonna be like this, I won’t meet with you.”

    “But Sungmin, I-”

    “Just go home.”

    “Wait, please, I’m sorry, okay? I just wanted to see what it was like in your life. Like I said, get to know you, that’s all.” Kyuhyun pleaded, “Can’t you just accept my friendship?”

    “No.”

    Kyuhyun pursed his lips into a pout.

    Sungmin turned back around, “What is your obsession with me anyway?”

    Kyuhyun sighed, “I already told you, I like you. You’re funny, cu- I mean handsome and… I-I don’t know, I’m lonely.”

    Sungmin’s face dropped a bit as he thought for a moment, “My favorite colors pink, I’m a martial arts master, and I’ve had twenty one jobs in my entire life.”

    Kyuhyun looked up at him, “Twenty one jobs? But you’re only…”

    “Twenty three.” Sungmin replied.

    “Wow.” Kyuhyun replied, then gave Sungmin a soft smile, “Thank you.”

    “No one should be alone, ever.” Sungmin slightly returned the smile, “I’ll come over tonight, I promise.”

    Sungmin held out his pinkie to seal his promise with Kyuhyun. Being the jackass he was, Kyuhyun spit in his hand and wrapped it around Sungmin’s pinkie. Sungmin immediately pulled back, disgusted.

    “What the hell!?”

Kyuhyun laughed at the shocked boy. Sungmin’s disgusted face slowly turned into a small smile. He wiped his pinkie off on his pants and the two headed back into the main living room.

The two faced each other and Sungmin looked up at the taller male, “See you at-”

He was suddenly cut off by the taller male placing his lips on the shorter male’s cheek, “Ten!”

Kyuhyun ran out of the daycare like a little kid and Sungmin rubbed his cheek.

“Mr. Sungmin?”

Sungmin suddenly looked down at the child who was pulling on his pant leg, it was Keiko, “Yes Keiko?” He kneeled down to her height.

“Are you leaving soon?” She asked.

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

Keiko pointed at the clock hanging above the television and Sungmin followed her finger, screeching in fear. Sungmin immediately stood, ran toward the coatrack and quickly put his coat on.

“Where are you going!?” Yesung asked from the kitchen.

“I have to get to my next job!” Sungmin shouted back, “Kids! If you’re all good to Mr. Yesung, I’ll make all of you cookies tomorrow!”

“COOKIES!” The kids screamed.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?” Yesung shouted at Sungmin.

Sungmin merely only laughed before heading out to his next job.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    The night had passed slower than Sungmin wanted it to but as promised, he made his way to Kyuhyun’s apartment. Parking in the parking lot, he walked up the steps and looked for the right apartment number written on the napkin from their meeting the following morning.

    He stopped walking when he approached the correct apartment number. He looked up from the napkin and raised his hand to knock, but before his hand even reached the door, it opened wide. Sungmin didn’t know what happened next, but he found himself tightly wrapped in the arms of Kyuhyun.

    “You came.” Kyuhyun whispered, closing his eyes, tightening his grip on the smaller male.

    Sungmin stood frozen for a moment, until he processed what had happened, “Y-Yes...” Sungmin slightly pushed the other away from him, “Yes I did.”

    Kyuhyun pouted until he looked around at the outside world. Kyuhyun grew a huge smile as he walked around Sungmin and ran toward the balcony barrier.

Sungmin saw Kyuhyun’s happiness and turned around to see what his sudden actions were about, when a snowflake suddenly landed on his nose, “It’s snowing?”

“Snow!” Kyuhyun turned around and smiled at Sungmin, “It’s snowing!”

Sungmin laughed a bit while he watched Kyuhyun freak out over the little white specks, “So, you like snow?”

“Are you kidding me? I love snow!” Kyuhyun said as he draped himself over the railing, trying to reach the falling snowflakes.

Sungmin stuck his hands in his coat pockets and stood next to Kyuhyun at the railing, “What’s so great about the snow?”

“It’s beautiful.” Kyuhyun turned toward Sungmin, “Think about it, every snowflake is different. They’re a lot like people, you know? They may vanish when you get close to them, but at some point,” A snowflake landed on his finger, “You find that one that stays with you.”

Sungmin looked at the snowflake sitting on Kyuhyun’s finger, while Kyuhyun was stuck staring at the man in front of him. He looked like the most perfect person in the world standing where he was. Sungmin smiled a bit, then looked up and was met with Kyuhyun’s intense stare. The two shared silence, while emotions rushed through their bodies.

“That… What you just said…” Sungmin fumbled trying to find the right words.

Kyuhyun’s smile grew.

“That’s exactly what I should tell Naomi!” Sungmin said with a smile, looking back out at the snowflakes.

Kyuhyun smile suddenly faded, “N-Naomi… Y-Yes, that girl you’re trying to win over.”

“Yeah, thank you for that inspiration!” Sungmin looked back at Kyuhyun, “Do you mind if we head inside? I’m getting cold.”

Sungmin began walking toward the door and Kyuhyun gritted his teeth, crushing the snowflake in his hand, “Not at all.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    The two sat across from each other at the table in the corner of Kyuhyun’s tiny kitchen. Kyuhyun staring and Sungmin looking down at his phone. Kyuhyun tried several times to get Sungmin’s attention, but failed.

    Eventually he got fed up and said, “You want me to tape it to my forehead?”

    Sungmin looked up, “Oh, I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know I was offending you. We haven’t said anything for the past twenty minutes, so I just thought-”

    “It’s fine.” Kyuhyun sighed, and stood up, grabbing something from the cabinet, “Here, how about this?” Kyuhyun turned back around with two glasses and set them out on the table, then headed to the fridge, bringing back a bottle of red wine.

    “Wine?” Sungmin asked.

    “Yeah. Lemme guess, you don’t-”

    “Don’t mind if I do!” Sungmin said while grabbing the wine from Kyuhyun.

    “Well, well, well, someone’s in a hurry, aren’t we?” Kyuhyun joked.

    “Believe me,” Sungmin started, “When you work five jobs, you need some sort of a break!”

    Kyuhyun chuckled a bit, “Well,” He snatched the bottle from Sungmin’s hands, “Let’s drink it somewhere else, say… My room?”

    Sungmin looked up at him and joked, “Jeez, take me on a date first!”

    “That can be arranged.” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself, though Sungmin heard him and gave him a strange look, “Joking!” Kyuhyun laughed, “Now, come on!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Three bottles of wine laid on the floor of Kyuhyun’s once clean bedroom as the two boys sit on the bed above, chatting and laughing away.

    “No, no, tell me it again!” Sungmin gave a little laugh.

    “Okay, so I was sitting there and this guy,” Kyuhyun hiccuped, “This guy says, ‘that’s my girlfriend!’ and I go, ‘No, she’s mine!’”

Sungmin laughed at the lame story for about the third time tonight, “That’s so funny! You’re a funny guy! I’m glad I gave you another chance.”

Kyuhyun smiled at Sungmin’s drunk comment, “Me too.”

Sungmin suddenly felt tipsy, so he laid his head down on Kyuhyun’s lap, “We’re gonna be friends, okay?”

“We are?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Mmm hmm.” Sungmin dragged.

Kyuhyun smiled and reached his hand up to pet Sungmin’s hair, but before he reached it, Sungmin stopped him by sitting up.

“I should be going though!”

Kyuhyun drew his hand back, “Home? What time is it?” He looked at the clock on his phone, “Sungmin, it’s three in the morning, why don’t you just stay here tonight?”

“Here?” Sungmin asked, “No, no, no! I can’t! I have work in the morning and I can’t miss it!”

“Why not?”

“Because, I need the money!” Sungmin replied.

“Sungmin, you work five jobs and never get a break, why don’t you just take tomorrow off, from everything?”

“Absolutely not.”

“When’s the last time you took a day off from, well... Anything?”

Sungmin took a breath as to reply, but quickly stopped himself to think. Sungmin thought long and hard, but couldn’t think of the last time he had taken a break.

“Never.” Sungmin replied.

“Exactly.”

Sungmin suddenly sneezed.

“Ah ha! See! You’re getting a cold because you never take a break!”

“Am not- ACHOO!!” Sungmin sneezed again.

“It’s final, tomorrow is your day off and I’m going to take care of you!” Kyuhyun smiled.

“B-But Naomi… I-I have to buy her… Buy her that…” Sungmin felt another sneeze coming on.

Kyuhyun forced Sungmin to lay down, “Now, you stay right there.”

“I’m c-cold…” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun headed toward the closet and pulled out a couple of extra blankets, keeping one for himself. He threw the blankets over top of Sungmin and sat next to him.

“Now, you get some rest and I will take care of you tomorrow, okay?” Kyuhyun said.

“But-”

“No buts!” Kyuhyun lowered his voice, “Except for your fine one…”

“What?”

“Nothing, go to sleep!” Kyuhyun turned off the light and turned to head for the couch, when he was stopped.

“Good night Kyuhyun, my new friend.”

Kyuhyun looked over his shoulder, “Good night Sungmin.”

He closed the door behind him and leaned against it, holding his extra blanket close to his chest, “My new… Friend.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Awh, little Kyuhyun’s in love!(: Haha I hope you all enjoyed today’s chapter! I’m enjoying reading your guy’s comments! It makes my day!(:

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!

I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: