Day 2 - December 2nd

Naughty and Nice

    A loud yawn was heard from the Lee household that next day and arose a very tired Lee Sungmin from his bed. He stretched his arms out, popping his back, sighing happily, he removed his pink sleep mask, yes, that’s right, pink. Sungmin wasn’t the manliest, but he could sure pack a punch with that black belt in martial arts.

    The small black haired boy swung his feet over his bed and drug his feet across the floor, into the bathroom. Looking at himself in the mirror, he straightened out his back and gave himself a smile. Heading back into his bedroom, he quickly got dressed into comfortable clothing and grabbed his extra work clothes.

    Sungmin was almost like everyone else, but not quite. Sungmin had a crush, on Naomi with her long dark brunette hair, big brown eyes, beautiful skin, bright smile, sparkling personality, everything about her was perfect to Sungmin and he wanted her in his life. But Sungmin wasn’t a ladies man at all. He hadn’t had many girlfriends in high school or any other time as a matter of fact, so he doesn’t really understand the term, ‘flirting’.

    Here’s his logic of getting a girl:

 

Girls like jewelry

Jewelry is expensive

So are girls

Buying expensive things = Girls

Girls = Naomi

Expensive things = Diamond and Gold necklace

Naomi + Diamond and Gold necklace = Happy Naomi

Happy Naomi + Hopeless Romantic Sungmin = Happy Together

 

    Complicated, right?

 

    Anyway, trying to win Naomi’s heart with a Diamond and Gold necklace, is not easy. If you want to buy expensive things, you have to have the money to buy it. So you need a job and Sungmin has plenty of those. He’s applied at just about every place in town! From fast food restaurants, to women's lingerie departments (even though he got called a ert for applying there), Sungmin has applied everywhere. But now that it’s the holiday season, he could start working ‘holiday jobs’, such as singing Christmas songs in bars, stores, even the streets, reading Christmas stories to children, and even pretending to be Santa at the mall!

    But until next week, Sungmin can’t do any of those, you know since everyone still has their Thanksgiving decorations up and those people throw rocks at the people with their Christmas spirit already showing. So for now, Sungmin’s stuck working five jobs, a morning job at the Lotte Department Store for mens clothing, a job at the dance studio downtown for Cardio/Zumba, a job at the children's day care, another job as a bartender, and a night job as a waiter for the Mouse Rabbit cafe. Sungmin barely has anytime for anything else, or any alone time. Luckily he can keep up with it all, his motivation? Naomi. With all his jobs, you’d think he’d have enough money to get her the Diamond and Gold necklace for Christmas and finally make her, his!

    Sungmin raced downstairs and grabbed an apple off the kitchen counter before heading out the front door and into his vehicle. He closed the vehicle door behind him and started the car. He went to turn on the radio and couldn’t help noticing the time on the small radio clock, 8:45 AM. He thought about the man he met last night. ‘What was his name again?’ Sungmin questioned in his mind. He thought back to last night,

 

“Kyuhyun.” The taller man said.

“What?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun smiled and held out his hand, “My name is Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun to be exact.”

 

Sungmin scrunched his eyebrows at the thought.

 

“Tomorrow morning! Nine AM! The coffee shop downtown that sells those amazing oatmeal cookies!”

 

Right, he was supposed to meet that man in fifteen minutes or less. But he also had work at that time. So what was he supposed to do? Call in sick to work? No, Lee Sungmin was no liar! Besides, would he rather work for what he wants, or skip a day of work and get less cash just to go meet some strange man at a coffee shop? No sirree! Without giving it anymore thought, Sungmin stepped on the acceleration and headed off to the Lotte Department Store.

Sungmin had gotten there five minutes early, but he clocked into the back of Lotte World at exactly nine AM, just like he always does. He walked through the back, making his way through the back entryway of the department store and smiled his way through bunches of people, giving a friendly wave or smile here and there.

Sungmin made it into the men's clothing store, 'American Eagle’ and saw his coworker and best friend, helping out a man who was looking for a certain shirt size. Sungmin noticed that there was nobody else working the counter and there was a customer waiting for assistance. Sungmin walked behind the counter and smiled at the man.

“Sorry about the wait sir, is this all for you?” Sungmin asked taking the clothing from the man's hand.

“Yes, thank you.” The man replied.

Sungmin helped check out every item the man had found to his liking. Sungmin's best friend, Lee Donghae came around the counter and patted Sungmin on the back. Yes, Lee Donghae, the same man that Kyuhyun's best friend, Eunhyuk had dated before.

"Hey Sungmin, great job last night at the bar! I really enjoyed it!” Donghae smiled.

“Please, the only thing you enjoyed was your ex-boyfriend being there.” Sungmin rolled his eyes.

“Yeah…” Donghae sighed in bliss, “But you really did do an awesome job!” Donghae followed Sungmin who was folding a new set of clothes, “Anyway, who was that guy you were with after the show?”

Sungmin continued folding the clothes, “Heechul?”

“No, no, no! That really tall, brown haired kid. He was with Hyukjae all night, you don’t think they’re dating, do you?” Donghae pondered.

Sungmin abruptly stopped folding the clothing, "H-Huh?"

"I mean, why would Hyukjae date someone like that anyways?"

Sungmin focused his eyes back on the piece of clothing and continued folding it, "Well... Maybe he's a nice guy."

"How would you know?" Donghae scrunched his eyebrows.

Sungmin's arms became limp and he couldn't fold anymore. Donghae was right, how would Sungmin know if he's a bad guy or not? He never went to have coffee with him, so how would he know?

"I-I um..."

"You don't know, exactly! Because you only just met him yesterday! What did he say to you, anyway?"

Sungmin blinked a few times, "He, uh... He just wanted to tell me how I did last night! Yeah, he was super drunk and everything!"

"Really?" Donghae asked, shocked.

"Yeah." Sungmin lied, "He seemed like a real though, the way he spat his words out! 'Sungmin, you were okay, but I liked the way the original singers sang the songs.'" Sungmin, fake-mimicked.

"Wow, maybe he is an !" Donghae replied.

"Told ya! Now, don't you have a job to do? There's like three people at the counter waiting." Sungmin said, changing the topic.

Donghae looked back at the counter and saw some very impatient people. He let out a girly squeal and ran behind the counter, quickly apologizing to the people. Sungmin shook his head and rolled his eyes at his best friend, but when he looked back at the clothes he was folding, he couldn’t help but think about that ‘Cho Kyuhyun’ kid again. He shook the thought out of his mind once more and focused hard on work.

After sometime, the morning had passed. Sungmin had finished work at the American Eagle and even finished Zumba class. It was already two o'clock and now he was on his way to the daycare to take care of children for two hours. Sungmin loved this job the most; he always had a lot of fun babysitting when he was younger and now to be able to take care of children for a job is his favorite thing!

Sungmin arrived at the daycare and was immediately bombarded by little children. He kneeled down, smiled, and laughed while trying to hug all the little children at once, “Hey guys! Have you been good today?”

“Yeah!” All the children replied.

“Alright children, let Sungmin get settled in before you crowd him!”

Sungmin looked up and noticed his coworker at the daycare, a very nice man, Kim Jongwoon, or as he prefers to be called, Yesung. All the kids went running in different directions, making a ruckus. Sungmin stood up once more and smiled at Yesung.

“How’s it going today?” Sungmin asked.

“Stressful.” Yesung replied, “Hyun-Ae drew on the walls, Jae-Hwa hit Dong-Sun again, and Ryeowook’s been crying.”

“Wait, isn’t Ryeowook your boyfriend?” Sungmin asked, confused.

“Yeah, today’s our four year anniversary and he came by to give me my gift, and got upset when I forgot it was our anniversary. Now I don’t know what to do…” Yesung sighed and sat down on one of the small, blue colored, childrens chairs, placing his head in his paint covered hands.

Sungmin lightly rubbed his back, “Awh, come on Yesung, it’s alright. How about you go out and buy him something nice and make it up to him! I’ll take over the daycare until you get back!”

Yesung looked up at Sungmin, painted handprints stained over his eyes, “Thank you, Sungmin!” He hugged the younger.

“No problem!” Sungmin smiled, “Before you go, wash that paint off your face.”

Yesung ran over to the mirror above the television, “Dang it!” He said while running toward the bathroom.

    But little did Sungmin know how long it was going to take Yesung to win Ryeowook’s forgiveness. One hour had passed, then two, then eventually six whole hours had gone by and Sungmin was worn out. It was nearly ten o’clock and the daycare was still a mess, but the children were sleeping on their mats while Sungmin was laying against a child's plush chair. The only two people awake were Sungmin and one child, Keiko, a six year old girl who moved to Korea from Japan. Her parents always picked her up late, so she napped in the day and stayed awake at night. She usually likes to help Yesung with cleaning up while the others are sleeping.

    Sungmin felt a tiny hand on his leg, “Mr. Sungmin, when will Yesungie be back?”

    Sungmin looked over at Keiko and sat up a bit, “I’m not sure Keiko, hopefully soon.”

    “Oh, okay.”

    Sungmin thought for a moment before speaking, “Hey, Keiko?”

    “Yes, Mr. Sungmin?” She replied.

    “What would you do if someone told you to meet you somewhere, but you didn’t know the person at all?” Sungmin, questioned the little girl.

    Keiko thought for a moment, “I would go to meet them.”

    Sungmin scrunched his eyebrows and remembered he was talking to a six year old, “No Keiko, you don’t go to meet strangers. Not even if they’re nice.”

    “But how do you know if they’re nice or not without meeting them properly?” Keiko asked.

    Sungmin’s face dropped, “Well, I guess-”

    Before Sungmin could finish his sentence, the door to the daycare opened and Yesung came walking in. Sungmin stood up and sighed in happiness, finally Yesung had come back!

    Yesung took off his coat, “Sungmin, I’m so sorry it took so long! Ryeowook wanted to do everything with me today, so I-”

    “It’s okay, Yesung. I just need to get to the cafe, pronto!”

    Sungmin rushed out the doors of the day care, leaving Yesung and Keiko, even his coat behind. Sungmin dashed to his car and hurriedly sped off to the Mouse Rabbit cafe. Parking his car, he quickly entered and ran into the back.

    “Sungmin, there you are! Why are you so late!? This should be the time you’re leaving!” Sungmin’s boss, Shindong said.

    “I know, I’m sorry! I was at the daycare and Yesung had a problem he had to take care of, so he went out and didn’t come back until now!” Sungmin said putting on his apron, “I’m so so so sorry!”

    “It’s alright.” Shindong replied, “Would you mind closing up for the night?”

    “Not a problem!” Sungmin said, heading toward the door into the front.

    “Oh and Sungmin?” Shindong said, making the younger stop before he opened the door to the front.

    “Yes?”

    “There’s a man out there, on one of our tables, he’s been there all day. He’s had seven cups of coffee and now he’s sleeping. Could you kindly kick him out and clean up the drool pile he left?” Shindong asked.

    Sungmin swallowed in disgust, “Sure thing…”

    Shindong had left, leaving Sungmin alone in the cafe. He took a deep breath and peaked out the door to the front. He looked around at the tables and finally found the person sleeping. ‘I’ll be nice about it!’ Sungmin thought. He turned around and walked into the back again, grabbing a fresh pitcher of coffee, he took a deep breath before walking over to the man and lightly tapping on his shoulder.

    “Excuse me, sir?”

    “H-Huh?” The man slowly lifted his head, wiping a bit of drool from his face.

    Sungmin began pouring more coffee into the empty coffee cup on the table, “We’re closing up for the night, I can give you this last cup of coffee, but after that, I’m going to have to ask you to-” Sungmin stopped speaking abruptly and gasped.

    The man at the table picked up his head and blinked a few times, coming back to life. He looked up at the person who had woken him up. The one person that Sungmin was avoiding all day was here, at his work at ten o’clock at night, Cho Kyuhyun.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I don’t have much to say and have to run off to work in like ten minutes haha so I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Thankyu to my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: