Day 1 - December 1st

Naughty and Nice

    “SCREW YOU!” A very angry Cho Kyuhyun shouted at the Christmas carollers that showed up at his home.

    He slammed the door in their faces and angrily walked toward the couch, unpausing his showing of ‘Weekly Idol’. Kyuhyun’s ex-girlfriend came walking down the stairs with a box in her hands.

    “Alright, this is the last box.” She sighed, “I guess I’ll be going then.”

    Kyuhyun kept his eyes fixed on the moving pictures in front of him, “Okay, bye.”

    Kyuhyun’s ex-girlfriend gritted her teeth and walked in front of the television, “You never cared, did you? You never cared about how you would make me feel! All this time, it was all about you and never me! You’re self-centered Cho Kyuhyun! A SELF-CENTERED BASTARD!”

    Kyuhyun looked up at her with his eyes wide. This was the first time she had ever taken the initiative to yell at Kyuhyun. She was always so afraid of talking back to him, but now that she was free from his control, she could do whatever she wanted. Without giving Kyuhyun a second to think, she grabbed the coffee that was sitting on the coffee table and spilled it on Kyuhyun’s lap. He screamed, terrifyingly, from the heat of the coffee as his ex threw the cup on the ground, breaking it, and stomping out the front door with the rest of her things.

    Kyuhyun stood and watched her slam the door. A picture that was above the doorframe fell to the floor and the glass shattered everywhere. Kyuhyun took a deep breath and let it go. It was true, Kyuhyun didn’t love her. At least, not anymore…

    For the past three weeks, she had been going out, seeing some other man and Kyuhyun knew about it but didn’t say anything. Instead, he bottled up all his anger and took it out on her for the last two weeks of their relationship, causing her to leave. Kyuhyun didn’t care for her anymore, if she was going to cheat on him, why should he still care?

    Kyuhyun looked away from the door and it suddenly opened, revealing his best friend and neighbor, Lee Hyukjae, or as everyone else calls him, Eunhyuk, “Hey, you- Woah, what happened in here?” Eunhyuk looked around at the shattered glass on the floor, then toward Kyuhyun’s pants, “Are you on your man-period?”

    “Shut the hell up, I am a man for god's sake! And no, Seohyun just left.” He explained.

    “Aw man, I’m sorry. How’s about I take you out for a beer? I know this great new bar that opened up downtown and I-”

    “Eunhyuk, I’m fine. She cheated on me, so I don’t care. I don't love her anymore.”

    Eunhyuk blinked a few times, “Can we still go to the bar?”

    Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “Yes, we can. Just let me clean up all the glass, okay?”

    “Okay!” Eunhyuk hopped over the backboard of the couch and landed perfectly in the seat, “I’m sorry she cheated on you, I’ll help you find a new girl! Maybe you can find one at the bar tonight!!”

    “What!?” Kyuhyun shouted, accidentally cutting himself on one of the sharp pieces of glass, “Ouch, .” He stood up, now holding his hurt finger, “Look, I don’t need a girl to make me happy, okay? All I need is my damn TV.”

    “Kyuhyun, you can’t live your life in your house! You need to get out and experience life!”

    “Not at this time of year!” Kyuhyun replied, “There’s ing white stuff EVERYWHERE.”

    “Look, I know you hate Christmas and December and snow but you still need to get out of the house.” Eunhyuk stood next to his friend, “Please? For me?”

    Kyuhyun wiped some blood off his finger, “Fine, but only because you’re my best friend.”

    “Yay! Bar!!” Eunhyuk shouted in happiness.

    Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, yet again and finished cleaning up the glass from the broken cup and picture frame. He headed upstairs and changed out of his pajamas, into something more suitable for a night out at the bar. Heading back downstairs, he found his best friend waiting by the door.

    “Hurry up! I really wanna go!!!” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

    “You can never wait for a beer, can you?” Kyuhyun asked.

    “You know I don’t drink! I just go there for the ladies!” Eunhyuk lied, his arms crossed.

    “Right, sure. Just go start the car.”

 
 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
 

    The two arrived at the bar, in style. It was like one of those slowmo moments, where the two get out of the car and the epic music plays as they take off their sunglasses and walk into victory. At least, that’s what it looked like, until Eunhyuk slipped on ice, faceplanting into the ground. Kyuhyun facepalmed and walked ahead of him, toward the entrance of the bar.

    Eunhyuk eventually caught up with him and a large man stepped in front of the two, “ID, please.”

    Eunhyuk searched his pockets for his identification, while Kyuhyun pulled his out of his pocket, no problem. The man nodded toward Kyuhyun and the two looked at Eunhyuk who was still searching his pockets.

    “I think I left my ID at home..” Eunhyuk said embarrassed. He looked up at the big man and gave a cheesy smile, “Could you do a bro a favor and let me in anyway?”

    “No.” The man replied.

    Eunhyuk’s smile dropped, “Fine, I’ll be back.” He looked around the man and at Kyuhyun, “You go ahead without me.”

    Kyuhyun nodded toward his shorter best friend and turned around heading inside the bar. He looked around seeing the bar, filled with many different drinks and people. There was also a stage, it wasn’t just a bar, but a type of club where people can perform. He looked back toward where the bartender was and headed toward it. He sat down on one of the stools and ordered a Margarita. The bartender went into the back and prepared his drink.

    “Hello ladies and gentlemen, I hope you all are enjoying your drinks!” A man said from the stage, “Now, I’d like to welcome a young boy to the stage, let’s give it up for Lee Sungmin!”

    A boy, the age of 23 came on the stage, with a guitar strapped on his back. He bowed to the crowd and took a seat on a stool, center stage. Claps, shouts, and wolf whistles were heard around the bar. Kyuhyun stared at the man, his complexion shining from the stage lights, his eyes were glowing brightly and his smile was even brighter. Kyuhyun tilted his head a bit and studied the man.

"Lee Sungmin." Kyuhyun whispered to himself.

Sungmin took the guitar and placed it in his lap. He smiled at the crowd before speaking into the microphone, "How's everyone doing tonight?" More cheering was heard and Sungmin laughed a bit, "That's great! Alright, I'm gonna play a few songs for you tonight! I'll start with one of my favorites, 'White Christmas'."

He placed his fingers on the fingerboard and took a deep breath before beginning to pluck the strings of his guitar. A soft tune played from the instrument and then a sudden, yet sweet voice began singing into the microphone. His voice rang through the entire bar. Kyuhyun stared in awe, Sungmin's voice was angelic in his opinion. He leaned closer in sheer bliss at the sound ringing in his ears.

Eunhyuk had made his way back into the bar and found Kyuhyun. He approached the taller boy and saw the look on his face, "Kyuhyun?" He asked. Kyuhyun kept his eyes fixed on the man on the front of the stage while Eunhyuk attempted to get his attention once again, "Hey, what are you googly-eyeing?"

Eunhyuk followed Kyuhyun's eyes to the stage, where Sungmin was still playing. Eunhyuk looked back at Kyuhyun, his jaw, now dropped.

"Kyuhyun, you're not in love with that kid, are you?" Eunhyuk questioned.

Upon hearing that, Kyuhyun snapped out of his trance and looked at Eunhyuk with anger, "He is not a kid!"

"Kyuhyun, we came here to get you a woman! Not a boy!" Eunhyuk said.

"We did not, we came here so you could get wasted." Kyuhyun snapped back.

“Okay, that may be true, but still, we-”

“But still nothing, Eunhyuk. He’s… H-He’s beautiful.” Kyuhyun looked at the boy on stage as if he was crazily lost in love.

“Oh no… No, no, no.” Eunhyuk grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and tried to drag his best friend off of the stool, though it wasn’t working out well, “I’ve fallen for a boy before, I’m not gonna let this happen to my best fri-”

“Eunhyuk?”

As if it was a coincidence, Eunhyuk turned around to face a tall brown haired boy with a drink in his left hand. The brown haired boy tilted his head, closed his eyes, and smiled up at the taller male. Eunhyuk let out a scream, sounding close to something like a little girl’s scream.

Upon hearing the scream, the brown haired man opened his eyes and looked at Eunhyuk confused, “What’s the matter Hyukkie?”

“D-Donghae, I-I wasn’t expecting to see you here! I-I was just helping Kyuhyun here to-” Eunhyuk threw his hand toward Kyuhyun, to pat his back, only to notice that Kyuhyun was gone. He looked around and noticed Kyuhyun walking toward the stage, “Oh god, no.”

Eunhyuk ran toward Kyuhyun, leaving Donghae behind, pouting, “Hyuk…”

Eunhyuk pushed his way through bunches of people and got to Kyuhyun, just before he was about to walk into the stage, or possibly even onto the stage. Eunhyuk grabbed his best friend's wrist and spun him around.

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing?” He asked quietly.

“I want to meet him.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Aish!” Eunhyuk exclaimed, “Well do it after he’s finished on stage!” Eunhyuk dragged a very sad Kyuhyun away from the stage. He looked over at their previous seat, where the bartender was and noticed that Donghae was still there. He cringed a bit and found an empty table to sit at instead.

Kyuhyun was in awe throughout the entire performance. By the time Sungmin had sung five different Christmas songs, Kyuhyun was excited he could finally get the chance to speak to the boy. Kyuhyun watched as Sungmin walked off stage and went into the back.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Sungmin, great job tonight!” Sungmin’s wannabe manager, Kim Heechul, said.

Sungmin ignored him and walked past the older, taller man, toward his guitar case. Sungmin opened his guitar case and placed his guitar perfectly and gently in the case, while Heechul went on about something, stupid.

“Sungmin, did you know that you’re an amazing singer, dancer, martial artist, painter, the list goes on! You’re amazing at everything in the arts!” Heechul exclaimed happily.

Sungmin rolled his eyes, “Yes, you tell me everyday.”

“Exactly! You’re a handsome young man, always looking for a new job! But see, with me as your manager you could-”

“Stop.” Sungmin said blankly.

“-Have any job you wanted and-”

“Heechul!” Sungmin stood up and turned toward the older man, “I don’t want a manager. I’m happy living the life I live and I don’t need you in it. Please, just stop asking to be my manager, or anything more than that. I just want to be friends, that’s all.” Sungmin kneeled down and grabbed his now closed guitar case, then stood back up and turned toward Heechul again, “Good night, Heechul.”

Sungmin walked away, leaving a very confused Heechul behind. Sungmin sighed as he walked past the front of the bar. He stopped and looked up at the sky, only wishing for one thing and one thing only, a miracle. He put his head down and continued walking straight until-

*SMACK*

He ran straight into, not something, but someone. He didn’t fall to the ground, no. But he did run right into the person’s chest and stood there frozen for a moment or two. Until he blinked and came back to his senses, did he take a few steps back. Without looking up at the person, he bowed and moved to the left, only to notice, the person before him moved in front of him again. Sungmin mumbled a soft, “Sorry”, and moved to the right, as did the other person in front of him. Sungmin scrunched his eyebrows together and looked up at the other person who had a small, warm, yet slightly creepy, smile on their face.

Sungmin blinked a few times, “I’m sorry sir, I-”

“Kyuhyun.” The taller man said.

“What?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun smiled at the shorter man and held out his hand, “My name is Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun to be exact.”

Sungmin looked away from the taller man, not bothering to shake hands with him, “Lee Sungmin.”

Sungmin was unsure of how to feel in this situation. The man smelt a bit like alcohol and vanilla extract, though he didn’t look drunk at all. Sungmin looked around the man and saw the one person he wanted in life, literally wanted, cherished, and had actually fell in love with. His crush, her name is Naomi. She’s never noticed Sungmin before, but he was determined to change all that. Sungmin looked back up at the man, “Well, bye-”

“Wait!” Kyuhyun stopped the boy from walking around him, “Would you… Would you like to have coffee with me sometime?”

“Uhh,” Sungmin looked behind the man at his crush once more, “I don’t think that’ll be necessary…”

“H-Huh!?” Kyuhyun asked, shocked, “Why?”

“Well,” Sungmin scratched his head and pondered in thought for a moment, “I’ve only just met you, so I don’t really know who you are. You could be friendly and sweet, or you could be a mass murderer, for all I know!”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened in shocked, “What-”

“So because I don’t know you, I will not have coffee with you.” Sungmin said, walking around the taller, “Good ni-”

“But having coffee would give us a chance to get to know each other!” Kyuhyun saw that Sungmin continued walking away, so he ran after the other and stopped in front of him, blocking Sungmin from walking any further.

“Ah!” Sungmin exclaimed, shocked from Kyuhyun standing so close to him.

“Please?” Kyuhyun begged.

Sungmin pursed his lips into a small pout and huffed in annoyance, “Mr. Cho, I want no business with you, now please, go home. Good night.”

Kyuhyun watched the other walk around him again. He thought for a moment before shouting, “Tomorrow morning! Nine AM! The coffee shop downtown that sells those amazing oatmeal cookies!”

“Keep dreaming!” Sungmin waved his hand back toward the other.

Kyuhyun smiled and turned around, to head back into the bar so he could find Eunhyuk, but at that moment, his best friend actually came running out of the bar. Out of breath, he let out a huge huff of air when he saw Kyuhyun, “You idiot!”

Kyuhyun blinked a few times at Eunhyuk, “Huh?”

“I thought you ran away with ‘singer boy’, leaving me stranded with that stupid Lee Donghae!” Eunhyuk said, catching his breath.

“Who is that?” Kyuhyun asked, but quickly regretted it.

Eunhyuk went off, “Lee Donghae is my stupid and only ex-boyfriend who is ditzy as hell, burns the house down by pouring water, doesn’t even know what two plus two equals, can’t even-”

“Okay! I only asked who he was!” Kyuhyun said, interrupting his friend.

Eunhyuk sighed, “Well, who’s that Sungmin guy? Did you find out anything about him?”

“No, but I asked him to have coffee with me tomorrow morning.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“And he actually accepted?” Eunhyuk asked shocked.

“Nope!” Kyuhyun continued smiling, making Eunhyuk roll his eyes.

“Kyuhyun, you’re not actually gonna go tomorrow, are you?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Well sure I am!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, “Why wouldn’t I?”

“Because you got rejected! Duh! What? Do you think he’s just gonna magically show up tomorrow, even after he told you no?” Eunhyuk asked, his voice getting louder.

Kyuhyun’s smile faded, “Well I-”

“No, he’s not!” Eunhyuk shouted. Upon seeing Kyuhyun’s sad face, he took a deep breath and quieted himself, “Look, I know you may think you like him, but to me, he seems like a total , especially for blowing you off like that.”

“But don’t you get it, Eunhyuk?” Kyuhyun looked toward the direction Sungmin walked away in and saw that he was almost out of Kyuhyun’s view, “That’s why I need to go tomorrow. If he shows up, he’s not an and he actually cares enough to come.”

“And if not?” Eunhyuk asked.

Kyuhyun looked back at Eunhyuk, “Then he’s an .”

Eunhyuk nodded with a slight smile, “Please don’t wait there all day though, okay?”

The taller boy nodded slightly and looked back toward, a now, very distant Sungmin. He smiled slightly, thinking to himself, ‘He’ll come. He has to. I just know it.’

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: It’s finally December and I have two words for you…. OMG SANTA!!!! xD December my favorite month EVER! I mean come on, Christmas es! xD Finally I have decided to finish this fic and I’m so excited to share it with you all! For those of you who read the four chapters I post like 3 years ago, it’ll be like a reread for the first four days… But to all my newcomers, Welcome!!! *Showers you with froot loops* I hope you all will enjoy this fic! I’ll be updating another fic everyday as well this month it’s my Write a Day Challenge for December. If you want to check that out as well, the link is on the title(: Of course it’s Kyumin & Eunhae fics (And some Yewook).

Thankyu all to my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters! I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: