Day 11 - December 11th

Naughty and Nice

    Sungmin took a deep, sharp breath of the below freezing air before lifting his hand. With his eyes closed, he was about to knock on the door when it suddenly opened.

    “Sungmin? What are you doing here?”

    Sungmin blinked his eyes opened, “O-Oh, Kyuhyun, h-hi. Look, I just wanted to-”

    “You’re just in time!” Kyuhyun smiled.

    “H-Huh?”

    Kyuhyun grabbed the shorter boys wrist and pulled him inside the apartment. Sungmin noticed something different about the place. There was Christmas music playing and some decorations were hung.

    “What…” Sungmin thought for a moment, “W-What are you doing?”

    “I’m decorating for Christmas.” Kyuhyun smiled, “Do you want to help me?”

    Sungmin’s face softened, “I didn’t know you had this kind of spirit in you.”

    Kyuhyun laughed and looked down, shrugging, “I don’t normally…” He looked up at Sungmin and noticed his confused look, “Let’s just say that I found someone who makes me want to change.”

    Sungmin blushed and thought, ‘Is he talking about me?’

    “What were you coming here for?” Kyuhyun asked, changing the subject while grabbing another decoration from one of the boxes he had pulled from his storage.

    “Ah, I…” Sungmin blushed and took a deep breath, “I wanted to make it up to you again, for me being so rude lately.”

    Kyuhyun stepped up onto a chair and grabbed his box of tacks to hang up the item on the wall. He moved the tack up, next to his fingers to push it into the wall.

    “I wanted to keep my promise and teach you to cook.” Sungmin finished.

    Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin and accidentally stabbed the tack into his index finger, “!”

    “Oh my God, Kyuhyun!” Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun down from the chair and inspected his now bleeding finger. “Are you alright!?”

    Kyuhyun chuckled at Sungmin’s cuteness, “It’s alright, I’m fine.”

    Sungmin rushed into the kitchen, “Where are your band-aids!?”

    “Sungmin, really, I’m fine!” Kyuhyun continued laughing.

    Sungmin went to run back into the living room and past Kyuhyun but the taller male caught his arm, spinning him around.

    “Sungmin.”

    The short boy looked up at Kyuhyun and blushed realizing how close they were to each other. It reminded him of how they had accidentally kissed last time they were this close. Sungmin wanted to move away but something was stopping him.

    Kyuhyun smiled at him, “Are you gonna calm down?”

    Sungmin only nodded making Kyuhyun laugh again. Sungmin didn’t want to admit it but he loved hearing Kyuhyun’s laugh. It meant he was happy and after hearing about his past, Kyuhyun deserves to be happy.

    Kyuhyun released his arm and turned to grab a garland. He turned back to Sungmin and smiled, “Will you go hang this up around the tree?”

    Sungmin turned around and looked at the giant tree in the corner of the apartment living room. He smiled at it before approaching it. He wrapped the garland around the fake tree branches until he reached the bottom branches.

    “So why aren’t you at work today?” Kyuhyun asked.

    Sungmin shrugged, “I need a break every now and then.”

    “But are you trying to buy that necklace?”

    Sungmin sighed and grabbed some ornaments. He didn’t want to think about Naomi right now because now, when he thinks about her, he thinks about how she doesn’t want Sungmin speaking to Kyuhyun.

    Sungmin looked for an escape to the conversation and noticed something inside the box of ornaments. He pulled it out, “Awh! Kyuhyun, is this you?”

    It was a tiny framed baby picture on a string. Kyuhyun approached the shorter boy and looked over his shoulder at the ornament.

    Kyuhyun blushed, “O-Oh… Yeah, it is.”

    “How old were you?” Sungmin asked.

    “Three.”

    Sungmin smiled down at the ornament and looked up in front of him at the tree. He hung it right in front of his face on a branch that was eye level to him.

    “There.” Sungmin turned around and noticed Kyuhyun was standing right behind him. “Woah!”

    Sungmin almost fell backwards, into the tree when Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his waist, steadying him.

    “Careful.” Kyuhyun said, “We don’t want to break the tree, do we?”

    Sungmin said nothing, feeling his heart beating quickly. The only time his heart ever beat this fast was that night he accidentally kissed Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiled and headed back to the decoration he was putting up before.

    ‘How can he just act as if nothing happened right there?’ Sungmin thought to himself, ‘D-Did he feel it too?’

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Kyuhyun and Sungmin decided to take a break from decorating and Sungmin decided to teach his new friend how to finally cook something.

    “Alright, based on the ingredients you have in here, we’re gonna start with something easy, Pizza Margherita!” Sungmin said happily.

    “Great.” Kyuhyun smiled, “What the hell is that?”

    Sungmin rolled his eyes, “It’s pizza, silly!”

    “Oh, duh.”

    Sungmin gathered together all the ingredients and began showing Kyuhyun how to make it easily.

    “Okay, first, preheat the oven to 400.” Sungmin said.

    Kyuhyun did so.

    “Next, we’ll using the cooking spray on this pan so the dough won’t stick.” Sungmin directed as Kyuhyun watched. Sungmin covered the pan in spray then looked up at Kyuhyun. “Now we’ll spread this dough over the pan.”

    Sungmin opened the can of pizza crust dough and noticed it smelled weird. He looked at the expiration date and cringed.

He turned to Kyuhyun, “Do you have any idea how old this is?”

“A year.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“A year!” Sungmin nodded, “That’s not good! Don’t keep things in your fridge for that long! Now we have to make our own dough.”

“Is that hard?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin shook his head, “No, it just takes more time. Hey, it’ll be more fresh.” Sungmin looked through the cabinets again, “Have you made bread before?”

“Sungmin, I can barely make a sandwich, let alone bread. Why?” Kyuhyun replied sarcastically.

“Because,” Sungmin brought a bag out from the cabinet, “You have bread flour.”

“Isn’t that just regular flour?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No, completely different.” Sungmin replied, “And why do you have yeast?”

“Oh, that’s Eunhyuk’s.”

“Eunhyuk?” Sungmin thought for a moment, “Wait, the same guy who dated Donghae before?”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah. He’s my best friend.” It clicked in Kyuhyun’s mind, “Oh my god.”

“How the hell have we not met before?” Sungmin asked.

“I have no clue.” Kyuhyun laughed.

Sungmin didn’t reply, he just smiled at the taller male.

Kyuhyun noticed and raised an eyebrow, “What?”

Sungmin blushed, “Oh, n-nothing.”

“Tell me or I’ll shove flour in your face.” Kyuhyun threatened.

“Wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.” Sungmin laughed.

Kyuhyun reached his hand toward the bread flour and was about to stick his hand in the bag until Sungmin pulled it out of his reach.

“Alright, alright, all I was gonna say was…” Sungmin lowered his voice to a whisper and looked away from Kyuhyun, mumbling something inaudible.

“What was that?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin blushed and raised his voice, “I like your laugh.”

Kyuhyun smirked and leaned closer to the older boy, “Oh yeah?”

Sungmin reached his hand in the bag of flour and threw some at Kyuhyun, making him back up a bit, laughing. Sungmin laughed as well and looked back at the bowl. Sungmin continued to help teach Kyuhyun how to cook the pizza and make the dough until eventually they were pulling it out of the oven and it smelled amazing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun took a picture of the tree on his smart phone, then went to sit next to Sungmin. He looked over at the shorter boy and turned toward him, holding his phone up to take a picture together. Sungmin blushed and looked away from the camera, so Kyuhyun scooted closer and held the camera so it could see both their faces. He took the selfie and laughed at it. He put his phone away and scooted over, giving Sungmin some space on the couch. The two listened to the Christmas music that was playing while eating the pizza they made together. Sungmin smiled, “You did good, Cho.”

“Not bad yourself, Lee.” Kyuhyun replied.

Sungmin laughed, “Ah well today has been nice. I’m glad you’re not mad at me.”

“Are you kidding? I could never be mad at you.”

Sungmin blushed upon hearing those words and focused on eating the food in front of him.

“You know, you’re like a donut.”

Sungmin looked up, confused, “What?” He laughed, “What they hell are you talking about?”

“You’re really awesome but…” Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “You’re missing something inside.”

Sungmin didn’t reply, he just continued listening to the taller boy speak.

“Inside you’re empty and broken but you’ve got the frosting that masks who you really are.” Kyuhyun scratched the back of his neck, shyly, “You’ve got the sprinkles on top which make you the sweetest and anytime someone sees you, they’re happy.” Kyuhyun looked over at the boy across from him, “Like me.”

Sungmin blushed, “D-Don’t get sappy on me.”

Kyuhyun laughed and looked away again, “Right, sorry.”

The two were silent while the air was awkward. Kyuhyun was lost in his own thoughts while Sungmin’s smile never left his face.

“Shut up.” Sungmin said suddenly.

Kyuhyun looked over, “I didn’t say anything.”

“I know.” Sungmin smiled widely.

Kyuhyun laughed and shook his head, “You’ve gotta stop doing that.”

“Doing what?” Sungmin questioned.

Kyuhyun bit his lip and in a low voice said, “Saying things that make me want to kiss you.”

Sungmin’s eyes widened and he blinked confused. He wanted to laugh it off but something about Kyuhyun’s voice was sincere.

“K-Kyuhyun…” Sungmin swallowed nervously.

Kyuhyun broke the stare and coughed, “I-I mean.. Uh… I was speaking out loud again… Wait! No… Um… S-Sorry.”

Sungmin was blushing a deep shade of red as he looked the other way. Kyuhyun was just digging himself a deeper hole that he couldn’t crawl out of now. There was only one thing he could think of to do. Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s face and turned it toward him, suddenly placing his lips on the older boys. Sungmin was wide eyed with shock and confusion.

Kyuhyun pulled away and stared into his eyes, “There, n-now we’re-.”

Sungmin was shaking from nervousness but something inside of him, call it instinct if you’d like, made him cut off Kyuhyun’s sentence by placing his lips on Kyuhyun’s again. Their hearts were racing as Kyuhyun carefully pushed Sungmin against the armrest of the couch, tilting his head, making the kiss deeper.

Their lips were dancing across each others as their stomachs were churning with adrenaline. There was a slow, romantic Christmas song playing through the speakers of Kyuhyun’s radio as they kissed so suddenly. Kyuhyun’s tongue ran across Sungmin’s bottom lip and Sungmin wasn’t sure what was happening or if it should stop so he quickly chose to grant Kyuhyun’s request of entrance to his mouth. Their tongues explored each crevice of the other man's mouth as their minds went completely blank. Sungmin reached his hand up to clutch Kyuhyun’s shirt while Kyuhyun ran his fingers through the smaller boy’s black strands of hair. Kyuhyun was straddling Sungmin at this point and neither of them knew what to do.

They wanted to stop.

But they didn’t.

They didn’t want to kiss.

But they were.

Sungmin didn’t want to fall for a man…

 

But he was.

 

And there was no going back now.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for not updating yesterday! Internet was down! Anywhosies, SUNGMIN’S FALLING FOR KYUHYUN NOW! Or is he… :D Haha Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed these two chapters! I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: