Day 20 - December 20th

Naughty and Nice

    “I can’t be the Grinch anymore.” Sungmin told his directors for the play.

    “What?” One of them asked.

    “What do you mean?” Another questioned.

    Sungmin sighed, “I’m leaving to Incheon.”

    “What? Why?”

    “I need to find Kyuhyun.” Sungmin replied.

    “Can’t you wait till after the play?” The director furthest from him asked.

    Sungmin smiled down at the ground, “I believe by then it would be too late.”

    “When will you be leaving?”

    “Today.”

    The director closest to him spoke up, “When will you be back?”

    “I don’t know.” Sungmin looked down.

    “Why don’t you go for three days?” The one in the middle suggested, “That should give you enough time to get there and find him.”

    Sungmin looked up at him, “You think so?”

    He smiled, “I do.”

    Sungmin returned the smile, “Alright, I can do that.”

    “Great.” The one closest to him said.

    “We’ll see you in three days.” The director farthest from him smiled.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    *Knock, Knock, Knock*

    “Kyuhyun, will you get that? My hands are wet!” Siwon shouted from the kitchen.

    “Got it!” Kyuhyun stood up and headed toward the door. Upon opening it, he noticed a male standing in front of him. Not just any male, Zhou Mi! “You! What the hell are you doing here!?”

    Zhou Mi tilted his head slightly, “No need to be rude. I was just coming to visit Siwon. Why are you here?”

    “Zhou Mi!” Siwon emerged from the kitchen, “How are you?”

    “Wait, you two know each other?” Kyuhyun questioned.

    “Yeah.” Siwon replied, “Zhou Mi was a grade lower than us in high school.”

    Kyuhyun looked back at the taller male, “You were?”

“Valentine's Day?” Zhou Mi asked and suddenly, Kyuhyun realized something… He knew him!


 

    “K-Kyuhyun?”

    The tall boy looked up from his empty notebook and turned his head to the person sitting next to him, “What?”

    Zhou Mi scratched the back of his neck, “Valentine’s day i-is next week a-and the dance is coming up soon and…” His voice trailed off.

    “And what?”

    “I-I was wondering if you… I-If you had a date?”

    Kyuhyun stared at him blankly, “You woke me up from my nap for this?”

    “Well, I-I wanted to ask you, c-cause if you d-don’t. I know someone who would love to go with you.” Zhou Mi blushed.

    The bell to their final class had rung and Kyuhyun sighed. He gathered his things and threw his backpack over his shoulder, “I’m not interested.”

    Kyuhyun pushed past Zhou Mi and was heading toward the door when Zhou Mi’s next words stopped him, “It’s me.”

    Kyuhyun stopped in his tracks but didn’t turn around. He clutched the strap of his backpack tighter, “Then I’m really not interested.”


 

    “Remember me now?” Zhou Mi asked.

    Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah, you were the guy that always had a crush on me in high school, even though I was such an to you.”

    Zhou Mi shrugged and blushed while skidding his foot across the floor nervously, “I thought you were the coolest person at that school.”

    Kyuhyun stared at the taller male, “T-Thanks?”

    Zhou Mi looked up and smiled. “I never got to go with you to the dance.”

    “Because I said no.” Kyuhyun replied, coldly.

    “Well if it’s not too late, I’d still love to go to a dance with you.” Zhou Mi blushed.

    “Awh.” Siwon cooed crossing his arms, “How cute.”

    Kyuhyun glared at him and Zhou Mi stared at Kyuhyun with eyes full of hope, “There’s a Christmas dance going on tomorrow night, will you go with me then?”

    Kyuhyun looked back at Zhou Mi, “Why?”

    “I want to have a fun night with an old friend.”

 

    “I already told you, I just wanted to have a fun night with my new friend.”

    Sungmin looked up at him and crossed his arms, “I don’t buy it.”

    Kyuhyun sighed, “Alright, fine. I’ve heard you sing, now I want to see your dancing. Happy?”

    “You’ve already seen it.”

    “Then believe my first reason!”


 

    Sungmin was all that ran through his mind but he wanted to forget the other, didn’t he? Kyuhyun shook the thought out of his mind and looked at Zhou Mi. He wasn’t bad looking but Kyuhyun wanted to stay away from any kind of connection for awhile until he got over Sungmin.

    He slightly nodded, “Alright, as friends.”

    Zhou Mi and Siwon cheered, making Kyuhyun roll his eyes.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    “Are you sure you have everything?” Donghae questioned his best friend, “Enough money?”

    “Yup.”

    “Toothbrush?”

    “Yes.”

    “Underwear?”

    “Donghae!”

    “Sorry!” Donghae pouted, “I just want to make sure you’ll be alright out there, alone.”

    Sungmin smiled, “I’ll be fine.”

    “If you need anything, just call me.” Donghae smiled.

    “Will do.” Sungmin hugged his best friend, “Thank you.”

    Donghae blinked a few times before hugging his friend back, “For what?”

    “For keeping me happy and safe.” Sungmin pulled away smiling.

    Donghae pinched his cheeks, “Aish, you’re too cute! Now go before you miss your train!”

    Sungmin laughed and gave Donghae one last hug before picking up his luggage and stepping onto the transit. He waved to Donghae as the doors came together, closing shut. Sungmin sighed and took a seat down on one of the benches. He looked out the window and prayed to whatever god there was that he would find Kyuhyun in three days.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Within an hour, the train had arrived in Incheon, South Korea. Sungmin smiled at the world outside. It was snowing gracefully and Sungmin was loving every second of it. When the transit came to a final stop, Sungmin walked off with his luggage in hand. He looked around the street and smiled brightly. He hadn’t been out of Seoul in a long time. It was all he ever knew, so being in a new scenery was what he needed as a break.

    Sungmin looked down at a map in his hands and searched for the nearest, most decent hotel around. When he found one, he checked himself in and brought his things up to his room. Fourteenth floor, room number one-seventy-two. He slipped the card in the slot and entered his room. He set his things down and his first instinct was to head for the window. Sungmin opened the blinds and noticed the fog on the window. He rubbed the fog away with his sleeve and smiled out at the winter wonderland outside.

    Hugging his arms into his chest, he sighed, “Kyuhyun, if you’re out there, just know I’m here and I’m ready to tell you…. I’m ready to tell you how wrong I was. How you’ve been the only person on my mind since you left and I can only hope I’m the only person that’s been on yours.” Sungmin smiled to himself, “Aish, look at me, I’m talking to myself, I’m truly crazy, aren’t I?”

 

    “You’re crazy.”

    “Maybe.” Kyuhyun replied, “But crazy people make me do crazy things.”

 

    Sungmin snickered at the memory and then frowned slightly at the thought of Kyuhyun, “I need to find him.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys sorry I haven’t been keeping up with the chapters): Works been killing me): I’ll try my best to get the rest of them out everyday(: Also sorry the chapters are a bit short. They’ll get longer as it gets even closer to Christmas!

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: