Day 17 - December 17th

Naughty and Nice

    “Alright Sungmin, as our new Grinch, we just have to say… You need to be more mean.” One of the directors said.

    “Why did you cast me as the new Grinch?” Sungmin questioned.

    “You know all the dances. Besides our performance is in eight days. You’ve been to every practice and you know every line. It was just perfect to cast you.”

    Sungmin blushed at the director’s words and didn’t ask any further questions. He went through Kyuhyun’s old lines like it was nothing. He had fun doing so but as the director said, he needs to be more mean. ‘How am I supposed to do that?’ He thought to himself.

    After practice for the day, Sungmin was approached by none other than Naomi. “Hey, Sungmin.”

    “Oh, hey, Naomi. What’s up?” Sungmin asked.

    “I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place later to rehearse lines?” She smiled.

    Sungmin returned the smile, “I’d love to.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Kyuhyun went out looking for a new apartment but eventually wound up where he always does. A bar. He’ll admit, it wasn’t the same without his dorky best friend by his side but he didn’t mind. Kyuhyun entered the bar and looked around. The place was filled with people. A person was up on the stage drunkenly singing the words to “Bubble Pop”. Kyuhyun sighed and went to sit down at the bar.

    “Anything I can get you sir?” The bartender asked.

    Kyuhyun looked down at the counter, “No thanks.”

    He was even shocked at his own words. Not once had Cho Kyuhyun denied a drink before, especially not when he was upset or trying to forget. He sighed and looked down at his phone and went to his pictures. He found a picture of Sungmin and him from the day they decorated his home.

    Sungmin was looking off to the right nervously while Kyuhyun was smiling brightly, staring at the camera. He slightly smiled down at the picture and felt himself getting teary again. He hovered his finger over the delete button but couldn’t bring himself to do it. Instead he made it his homescreen so he could smile anytime he opened his phone.

    “So is anyone here sober enough to sing for us?” Someone from the stage called.

    “This guy is!” The bartender shouted, pointing at Kyuhyun.

    Kyuhyun looked up at the bartender and looked over at the stage, shocked, “O-Oh, I don’t sing.”

    “Well neither does anyone else here, get on up here and show us what you’ve got! Unless you’re too chicken!”

    Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and looked around at all the people in the bar. They were cheering for Kyuhyun to get on the stage and sing. He sighed and stood up, walking toward the stage. Heading up the stairs, the person holding the mic cheered as well as the audience.

    He handed Kyuhyun the mic and told him to pick a song. Kyuhyun looked through the song book and sighed seeing all the stupid song choices. He thought for a moment and pulled his phone back out. He pulled up his photos again and searched through them. Finding a picture of some sheet music, he handed the phone to the people of the band.

    “Can you guys play something like this?” Kyuhyun asked.

    The band members studied the sheet music on Kyuhyun’s tiny phone and nodded. He smiled and looked at the person who was once holding the mic.

    “What song did you pick?”

    Kyuhyun smiled, “It’s a song I wrote. It’s called, At Gwanghwamun.”

    The person who played the keyboard began softly playing and Kyuhyun took his place at the front of the stage. He looked out at the crowd but couldn’t see anything because of the blinding lights. He decided to close his eyes and think of the one person who gave him inspiration for this song, Sungmin.

 

    How was your day? There’s still a little bit of summer left

For some reason, I had a tiring day

When the leaves changed color on the side of the road of Gwanghwamun

That was when I finally lifted my head

We used to shine so bright together

But now we are strangers

In your arms, the world was mine

Goodbye to those childish days

 

Kyuhyun got the idea to write a song about Gwanghwamun when Sungmin told him the story about his parents, only four days ago. He wrote the song that same night, not wanting to forget the story of Sungmin’s parents and how it reminded him of when he and Sungmin met.

 

Today, like a fool, I am standing at that spot

Getting wet in the snow

Waiting for you, who won’t come

I was happy

At the memories of holding hands and walking together, I look back

In case you are standing there

 

Before he left, he went back to Gwanghwamun and looked around, remembering their sweet time together the day before. He didn’t want to remember the fight they had that night, he wanted his last memory with Sungmin to be a good one, so he went back to the Gyeongbokgung Palace and smiled at the memories of them walking close to each other in the snow.

 

I don’t know if living in this world

Is just about always looking for another person

As I came to this street, filled with the aroma of coffee

That was when I finally smiled

It was the first time that someone made me that nervous

You were the only one

You were more lovable than anyone else

But why did you leave me?

 

“Would you… Would you like to have coffee with me sometime?”

“Uhh,” Sungmin looked behind the man at his crush once more, “I don’t think that’ll be necessary…”

“H-Huh!?” Kyuhyun asked, shocked, “Why?”

“Well,” Sungmin scratched his head and pondered in thought for a moment, “I’ve only just met you, so I don’t really know who you are. You could be friendly and sweet, or you could be a mass murderer, for all I know!”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened in shocked, “What-”

“So because I don’t know you, I will not have coffee with you.” Sungmin said, walking around the taller, “Good ni-”

“But having coffee would give us a chance to get to know each other!” Kyuhyun saw that Sungmin continued walking away, so he ran after the other and stopped in front of him, blocking Sungmin from walking any further.

“Ah!” Sungmin exclaimed, shocked from Kyuhyun standing so close to him.

“Please?” Kyuhyun begged.

Sungmin pursed his lips into a small pout and huffed in annoyance, “Mr. Cho, I want no business with you, now please, go home. Good night.”

Kyuhyun watched the other walk around him again. He thought for a moment before shouting, “Tomorrow morning! Nine AM! The coffee shop downtown that sells those amazing oatmeal cookies!”

“Keep dreaming!” Sungmin waved his hand back toward the other.

 

Kyuhyun smiled at the memory of first meeting Sungmin. He truly missed him and wondered if Sungmin missed him as well.


 

Today, like a fool, I am standing at that spot

Getting wet in the snow

Waiting for you, who won’t come

I was happy

At the memories of holding hands and walking together, I look back

In case you are standing there

 

“What’s so great about the snow?”

“It’s beautiful.” Kyuhyun turned toward Sungmin, “Think about it, every snowflake is different. They’re a lot like people, you know? They may vanish when you get close to them, but at some point,” A snowflake landed on his finger, “You find that one that stays with you.”

Sungmin looked at the snowflake sitting on Kyuhyun’s finger, while Kyuhyun was stuck staring at the man in front of him. He looked like the most perfect person in the world standing where he was. Sungmin smiled a bit, then looked up and was met with Kyuhyun’s intense stare. The two shared silence, while emotions rushed through their bodies.

 

Kyuhyun felt a tear rolling down his face. He didn’t care if anyone in the bar was making fun of him or paying attention at all. He was stuck in his own mind, lost in thoughts of the perfect man he almost had. He closed his eyes as he continued singing.

 

At that place, I get to know

How I’m slowly changing every day

In the far days ahead, just smile for me

I’m happy

Because today, this place is just as beautiful as back then

For no reason, like a fool, I’m standing at this spot

Getting wet in the snow

Waiting for you, who won’t come

I was happy

I look back once again at this road in Gwanghwamun

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and saw a mirage of Sungmin standing in the back of the bar. A spotlight on only him and Kyuhyun. They were the only two on the place. He knew he was hallucinating but he didn’t want it to go away. Another tear fell.

 

In case you are standing there

 

Kyuhyun came back to his senses and retreated the stage. He looked around the bar and knew he wasn’t going to drink at all that night. As much as he wanted to forget, he also didn’t want to forget. Forgetting means moving on and Kyuhyun wasn’t ready to do that just yet.

He decided to just leave the bar and as he walked down the street he was stopped by someone. “Hey! Sir! Wait up!”

Kyuhyun stopped and turned around to see a man that was only about an inch taller than him. He was wearing nerdy glasses, had brown hair, and sported a black and white striped shirt with black jeans.

“You sing amazingly!” The man smiled.

Kyuhyun looked away, clearly uninterested, “Thanks.”

“Zhou Mi.”

Kyuhyun looked up at the male confused, “What?”

“My name is Zhou Mi.”

Kyuhyun swallowed nervously, “Deja vu.”

“Bless you?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “Cho Kyuhyun.” He turned his back and began walking away.

“H-Hey! Wait I have something to ask you.”

Kyuhyun stopped and turned around, “What?”

Zhou Mi smiled softly, “Would you like to have coffee with me?”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin knocked on the door of his crush’s home and waited patiently for her to answer. When she finally opened the door, Sungmin smiled.

“Ah, you came!” Naomi said happily.

“Of course I did.” Sungmin replied.

He entered her home and she led him to the kitchen where Sungmin took a seat at the table and Naomi went to the fridge.

“Would you like something to drink? We have milk, water, or some juice.” Naomi asked.

Sungmin picked the third choice and went to grab some cups. She opened the cabinet and climbed on top of it, trying to reach for some glasses but lost her balance. Sungmin noticed this and lunged forward, catching her in his arms.

She blushed, “T-Thank you.”

Sungmin blushed as well and set her down, reaching for the cups himself seeing as he was taller than her. She poured the juice in both glasses and the two went to sit down at the table again.

She lifted the script off the table and handed it to Sungmin, “Here let's do my lines first and then yours.”

Naomi went through her lines while Sungmin flipped the pages, following along. She didn't have a very big part so there wasn't much to rehearse. She pretty much had it down to a tee anyway.

Once she flawlessly delivered all her lines, Sungmin handed the script to his lady friend and he began reciting lines. Things were going smoothly until Sungmin forgot a line.

“I'll take the Christmas tree, their Christmas glee, I'll take the… Um…” Sungmin thought about his line but couldn't remember it. “W-What's my line?” He asked her.

She giggled, “You're funny.”

“Huh?”

He noticed she has scooted her chair closer to him. His heart thumped loudly against his rib cage. She leaned closer and closer and Sungmin noticed himself doing the same thing.

Naomi’s lips brushed against Sungmin’s, lightly and they found themselves wrapped in a kiss.

Naomi happily kissed Sungmin and he wished he could say the same but something just didn't feel right about it. Sungmin pulled away from her and looked the other way.

“I-I'm sorry.” She said, noticing the sad look on Sungmin's face.

“No, I'm sorry.” Sungmin looked back up at her, “T-This isn't right.”

She tilted her head, “Why not?”

“You were dating Kyuhyun before this. I-It's just not right.”

Naomi ran her fingers up Sungmin's chest, “What does Kyuhyun matter anymore? He's gone anyway.”

Sungmin pushed her hand away and stood up quickly, “I need to leave.” He noticed the look on her face and frowned before heading toward the door, “I'm sorry.”

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! Can't talk much, my boyfriend has the flu and is throwing up): but I know a lot of you have been asking quite a few questions! They'll be answered in the coming chapters, promise!(: If anything is confusing to you or if I've made a mistake while writing this, like something doesn't add up, please let me know!

Thankyu to all my commenters, reader, subscribers and voters!

Have a Kyumin-tactic day!(: