Day 21 - December 21st

Naughty and Nice

    “I was happy when you agreed to come to the dance but I never thought you’d say yes to spending the whole day with me though!” Zhou Mi exclaimed happily.

    Kyuhyun shrugged, “A day away is what I needed.”

    Zhou Mi smiled and the two continued walking throughout the snow. The two were at a downtown, outdoor market, just calmly looking around at items that people were selling. People were selling everything from beans to bracelets to little trinkets. They stumbled upon a stand that was selling masquerade masks.

    “Oh yeah, did you pick up a mask for tonight?”

    “Huh?” Kyuhyun questioned, “I didn’t know we had to.”

    “Did you read the flier?” Zhou Mi questioned.

    “No.” Kyuhyun retorted, “I’m Cho Kyuhyun, I don’t read.”

    Zhou Mi laughed, “That’s okay, we can pick one up now.” Zhou Mi pointed up at one that showed half of the face. He asked to see it and held it up to Kyuhyun’s face, “I think this one is perfect!”

    “Do you want it?” The market owner asked.

    Kyuhyun shrugged, “Sure.”

    He handed the man some money and the two headed off. They smelled some amazing food coming from a few market stands down and went to go check it out. Meanwhile, there was a short boy walking around the same market, holding a camera. He was taking pictures of all the stands and items around. Sungmin was fascinated with all the amazing things downtown Incheon. He stopped when something caught his eye.

    “Wow!” Sungmin exclaimed, “That mask is very pretty.”

    It was a black over the eye masquerade mask with gold streaks around it. The shopkeeper smiled at him, “You could wear it to the dance tonight.”

    Sungmin looked up at him and tilted his head, “There’s a dance?”

    “Yup, it’s going on at the Convention Center tonight.” The man replied.

    Sungmin smiled, “I’d love to go but I’m kinda looking for someone… You see, there’s this guy I like and I kinda lied to him about my feelings and now he’s out here in Incheon and I need to find him.”

    “Well what better place to look than a masquerade dance?”

    “But wouldn’t it be hard to find him with all those masks on? You wouldn’t be able to tell who is who!” Sungmin replied.

    “If it’s true love, I’m sure you’ll know.”

    Sungmin smiled and looked up at the mask again, “Alright. I’ll take it.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin searched the streets of Incheon until it got dark. He was starting to get tired and was contemplating not going to the dance but a break is just what he needed and he needed to keep reminding himself that. He decided to go and when he entered, he didn’t expect to see so many people there.

    “Wow.” Sungmin whispered to himself.

    People were crowded around every corner of the convention center. Sungmin took a deep breath before walking down the stairs and shifting through people. The music was loud and everyone was having a good time dancing and partying the night away, except for the one man in the half mask.

    “This is lame.” Kyuhyun said to the taller man standing next to him.

    “I think it’s fun!” Zhou Mi replied.

    Kyuhyun sighed, “I’m gonna go get some punch.”

    “Okay. I’ll stay here so you can find me easily.” Zhou Mi replied.

    Kyuhyun headed off toward the punch table and grabbed a plastic cup before filling it with the red liquid. A man approached and stood next to him, waiting for the punch bowl. Kyuhyun looked over at the person and the person looked up at him.

Their eyes met.

Kyuhyun spoke, “Do you want some punch?”

    It was Sungmin. He nodded and Kyuhyun poured it for him. “T-Thank you.” Sungmin smiled and after Kyuhyun poured it, he took a drink. “This is an amazing dance.”

    Kyuhyun shrugged, “I’m not having too much fun.”

    Sungmin looked up at him, “Why not?”

    “I don’t know anyone here. I’d rather be back home with the one person I hold close to my heart.” Kyuhyun said.

    Sungmin smiled, “I know how that is.”

    “Oh yeah?” Kyuhyun questioned, “Where are you from?”

    “Seoul.” Sungmin replied, “I’ve never been out this way before, but it’s gorgeous.” He looked up at the taller male, “Where are you from?”

    “I was born here. Lived in Seoul for a while and decided to move back.”

    “I can see why.” Sungmin replied, “It’s a beautiful place to live.”

    “Yeah.”

    The two boys were a bit awkward with each other. Neither of them knew who lied under the mask and they didn’t want to know. The secret identities was the best part about the dance.

    “So what are you doing way out here?” Kyuhyun asked taking a drink of the punch.

    “I’m looking for my long lost love.” Sungmin smiled.

    Kyuhyun looked down at the shorter male and Sungmin looked up, “That’s really sweet.” Kyuhyun smiled.

    Sungmin shrugged, “I don’t think I’m going to find him.”

    “Him?”

    Sungmin looked up and blushed, “Y-Yeah.”

    Kyuhyun nodded, “I know exactly how that is too.”

    Sungmin blinked through the mask, “You’re gay?” He realized what he said, “I-I mean… Um…”

    Kyuhyun laughed, “I wasn’t until I met the love of my life.”

    Sungmin smiled slightly, “Same here.”

    “But he doesn’t feel the same.” Kyuhyun frowned, “Oh well, I guess here’s to moving on?”

    Kyuhyun held up his cup and Sungmin smiled before holding his up as well. The two hit cups together and took another drink.

    Kyuhyun laughed, “So, are you here with anyone?”

    Sungmin shook his head, “Just myself. How about you?”

    Kyuhyun looked back at where Zhou Mi was, “Just some guy who had a huge crush on me in high school.”

    Sungmin nodded, “Well, I didn’t come here for nothing.” He looked up at the taller male, “Do you want to dance with me?”

    Kyuhyun looked down at the shorter male. His heart began beating quickly. ‘Am I finally moving on?’ He thought to himself. He smiled, “I’d love to.”

    The two set down their drinks, not caring where they left them and Kyuhyun led Sungmin out to the dance floor. The two boys stood in front of each other and were nervous. Sungmin decided to make the first move by placing one hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and holding his hand with his free one.

    Kyuhyun smiled and placed his left hand firmly but gently on Sungmin’s hip. Kyuhyun gazed upon the older male’s eyes, smiling. The rhythm of their bodies danced slowly with the elegant music passionately. Staring at the handsome person before him, his breathing became shallow and his heart had suddenly felt heavy inside his chest. Kyuhyun didn’t know who this man was but he felt himself falling for him quickly. With their bodies nearly touching one another's and their faces so close to each others, Sungmin’s face turned to a light shade of pink while his heart began to race. Locking eyes, they were unable to keep away from each other. There was something between them but they couldn’t figure out what it was.

    Kyuhyun spun the younger man around with him gracefully in a beautiful, passionate slow dance, just loving how close they were. Sungmin looked down at their feet and Kyuhyun stopped moving.

    “Look up at me.” Kyuhyun said, his voice shaky, “Only me.”

    Sungmin remembered those words. Kyuhyun had told him when they danced together at the Christmas ball. He swallowed nervously and tried to pull away from the taller male but Kyuhyun grabbed his wrist, pulling him into a sudden hug. Both boys were quiet as they stood motionless against each other. Kyuhyun’s arms wrapped around Sungmin and Sungmin’s arms down at his sides.

    Kyuhyun pulled away from the shorter male slightly and they looked into each other’s eyes. Kyuhyun was scared but spoke anyway, “T-Tell me… D-Did you feel something just then?”

    Sungmin blinked a few times, “Y-Yeah. I did.”

    Kyuhyun bit his lip, “C-Can I kiss you?”

    Sungmin’s heart was racing at this point. He slightly nodded and Kyuhyun moved his face closer to Sungmin’s. They both crept closer to each other as their eyes fluttered closed. Kyuhyun felt his lips touch Sungmin’s and it was like a spark had gone through their bodies. There was a deep connection and Kyuhyun couldn’t help himself. He made the first move. Something about the lips on his were familiar and he couldn’t hold himself back, same could be said for Sungmin.

At once their mouths were moving together as though they couldn't get enough of each other. As to express all their feelings with each other with their lips, mouths, and tongues would be the only way to express what they felt. It stopped being a kiss after a while. It was different but so similar from what either had known was inside themselves.

Kyuhyun was the first to pull away as he stared into the smaller boys eyes. Sungmin blinked his eyes open also and they couldn’t do anything other than stare.

Kyuhyun was the first to speak, “Who are you?”

Sungmin smiled slightly, “That’s the beauty of a mask. You’ll never know.”

Kyuhyun felt his face getting hot, “I want to see you again.”

Sungmin swallowed nervously, “If fate wants us together, we’ll meet again.”

“How will I know where to find you?”

Sungmin smiled, “If it’s true love, you’ll know.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Kyuhyun sighed as he threw himself onto his bed. He stared up at the ceiling in happiness and bliss. He couldn’t believe the night he had. He just wished he could’ve gotten the boys name.

    Meanwhile at the hotel, Sungmin was packing his bags while on the phone with his best friend.

    “I’m coming home early.”

    “What?” Donghae asked,” Did you find Kyuhyun?”

    “I did.” Sungmin replied.

    He knew it was Kyuhyun the minute the taller male smiled at him. Sungmin cherished the bright smile Kyuhyun had. He could spot that smile for miles. That’s why he was so easy going about letting him dance with him and kiss him so delicately.

    “So he’s coming with you?” Donghae asked.

    “No.”

    “What?”

    Sungmin sighed, “Tonight I went to a Christmas dance. Everyone was in masquerade masks and it was hard to tell who anyone was but Kyuhyun was there and I knew he was. His smile said it all.”

    “So then why isn’t he coming with?” Donghae questioned.

    “He’s moved on, Donghae.” Sungmin said sadly, “If he ever found out it was me under that mask, I don’t know what I’d do. I know he can’t find out. I’m coming home tomorrow.”

    “You’re a moron Sungmin.”

    Sungmin laughed slightly, “I know. I think if Kyuhyun needs me, he can find me on his own. I just hope it won’t be too late.”

    Donghae sighed, “I hope you’re happy with your decisions.”

    “As long as Kyuhyun’s happy.” Sungmin looked out the window, “I’ll always be happy.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It’s getting closer to Christmas! You guys excited? Haha

Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: