Hidden Past.

Forbidden Kiss

 

“She says she doesn’t want to see y’all,” Taecyeon announced after pocketing his phone safely away. “Surprisingly she sounded pissed.”

 

Wooyoung raised his eyebrow at his friend’s words but kept silent. In fact, all of the Seoul High boys fell silent at those words.

 

Yonghwa glanced between them, completely perplexed. “Does she usually not get mad?” He ventured forth saying.

 

“You don’t know our Jjang,” Junho spoke up, breaking the stillness. “She never gets mad, not even when we do something stupidly dangerous and she has to come save our sorry butts.”

 

“The only time I’ve seen her legitly mad was that one time when we were fooling around and got caught by the police,” Chansung added in, his memories flooding through his mind, “And Jjang showed up to bail us out.”

 

“Those freaking police,” Taecyeon growled, “need to be taught a lesson.”

           

After casting a weary look at Taecyeon, Chansung continued on with his narrative. “They wouldn’t let us leave with Jjang because we were ‘delinquents’ and we ‘had no future’. ”

 

“When they said that,” Wooyoung cut in, “Jjang went completely silent with fury. She stalked up to them with this sarcastic smile on her face and told them that if they didn’t release us, she would get the higher ups to come kick their butts.”

 

“They didn’t believe her either,” Chansung laughed. “They burst into mock chuckles and called her a ‘cute little doll’, which only pissed her off even more.”

 

“They stopped laughing when the higher ups really came. Their face… you should’ve seen their faces,” Junho chortled. Soon all four boys were holding their sides as they doubled over in laughter, reminiscing about their past.

 

“Then when we left, she went to the gym and boxed the punching bag for four hours straight.”

 

“That was absolutely scary. She was punching it with so much force I seriously thought it was going to fly off and hit someone,” Wooyoung admitted, shaking his head at the thought.

 

Yonghwa stood awkwardly before them, with his friends on both side so of him, as he listened to the story. Though he would rather want more, how to say it, useful information about “Jjang”, this was better than nothing.

 

So this Jjang girl is very… tolerable and patient. Hm. 

 

“What’s her real name?” Minhyuk asked, taking the words straight out of Yonghwa’s mouth.

 

“Why do you want to know?” Junho hopped over, leaning on Taecyeon’s shoulder, casting a suspicious look at the Seorim High boys.

 

“Please.” Yonghwa stared Taecyeon in his eyes, begging silently for an answer, any answer.

 

There was something about the way Yonghwa made his request that made the macho Taecyeon feel like giving in. Something earnest.

 

It was as if he desperately wanted to know, not because he was some creepy stalker, but because it was something he needed, something to make right the past.

 

… Or something like that.

 

Taecyeon scratched his head with a sigh. “Jjang…”

 

“Taecyeon,” Wooyoung asked incredulously, “are you really going to tell them? If Jjang finds out… I think she’ll be mad.”

 

“Jjang,” Taecyeon started up again, this time with a determined look on his face. “She is-”

 

“Someone who’s not happy with her friend right now,” her voice filtered through the air and cut through it crisply, startling the boys.

 

They turned to look behind them as flinched as they saw her leaning against the doorway nonchalantly, calmly scratching at a mosquito bite, as she looked anything but pleased.

 

“Can we talk?” Yonghwa took a step toward her.

 

“No.”

 

“Why?” He inched another step closer.

 

A look of pain flickered across her face so fleetingly that Yonghwa began to imagine it was really there. He was confused. Does she hate him?

 

“Just because,” she retorted impatiently. “Don’t ever come asking about my personal life ever again.

 

Yonghwa’s shoulders fell, deflated and defeated, as he watched her turn around and stroll to the front office. “I thought you said she was nice,” he glared at Minhyuk. His baffled friend responded with a shrug of his shoulders.

 

“She is nice,” a handsome boy walked through the doors, a smile hinting at his face. “You know, I’ve never seen Jjang like that. She was completely frustrated with that phone call about you and now I see her even more upset because she talked to you. What’s so special about you?”

 

“That’s what we’re wondering too, Jay,” Junho rolled his eyes. “This guy came asking for her name.”

 

“And that’s why she’s mad?” The so-called Jay uttered a chuckle. “That’s very unlike her.”

 

“Seriously, right? This boy just somehow manages to stir up her feathers in the wrong direction,” Taecyeon slid off the desk and stood before Yonghwa. “I’d advise you to leave her alone.”

 

“Why, do you have a crush on her?” Yonghwa snapped back, frustrated with the lack of knowledge gained.

 

Taecyeon stepped closer to Yonghwa, his friendly expression replaced by a hard look. “So what if I do?”

 

Yonghwa, though shorter, didn’t back down. He narrowed his eyes and returned the steel gaze. Was this Goliath being forreal about liking Jjang?

 

“Taecyeon, back off,” Wooyoung sighed, pulling his friend away. “All of us here like her.”

 

…What? Yonghwa was so shocked he could only blink like an idiot.

 

“We all like her. And we’ve all confessed and were rejected, though that was what we expected,” Junsu shrugged. “She thinks of us as her brothers, though our feelings for her run a bit deeper than that, we think of her almost as a sister.”

 

“Does she have any siblings?” Yonghwa changed the subtly changed the subject.

 

“She has a sister and a step-”

 

Junho clamped his hand around Wooyoung’s mouth. “You want her to kill you?” He hissed. Turning to the Seorim students, he declared, ending the conversation, “She obviously doesn’t want you to have her personal information. Be glad you’re on her good side. For some reason, she’s always determined to protect yo-”

 

This time Wooyoung stuffed his hand in Junho’s mouth, gladly returning the favor. “Looks like we both want to be killed. Let’s get out of here before we’re dead.”

 

With that the Seoul boys left to find their leader, leaving behind an extremely frustrated Yonghwa.

 

Why won’t she tell me anything about her background?

 

Yonghwa swung up onto his motorcycle, deep in thought. His friends were already sitting on top of their motorbikes, waiting patiently for him.

 

There has to be a reason why she’s hiding it. There has to be.  

And I’m going to find out why.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry, no time to leave a note for y'all! My mom's kicking me off the computer QQ

Good night!