Park Seohyun.

Forbidden Kiss

 

“What do you mean it ends tonight?” Seohyun questioned her boyfriend.

 

He smiled in response and took her hand. “It’s about 7:00, I suppose we head to dinner now?”

 

Jonghyun and Minhyuk exchanged knowing glances. “Yeah, sounds good.”

 

“Where are we going?” Yoona asked, confusion flickering across her face at the odd behavior of the boys.

 

“Patience, young grasshopper,” Jonghyun laughed. “You’ll see.”

 

The girls fell back a step and followed the guys down the street to a fancy restaurant. News reporters crowded the golden French doors, jostling each other for a better position. White smoke puffed out the back of the building, presumably from somewhere in the kitchen, and contrasted nicely against the darkened sky. The first twinklings of the stars were showing, as the sun retracted its lights in a gente adieu and the moon took its place. Taeyeon admired the sight, marveling at how gorgeous everything was.

 

They paused behind the crowd, Taeyeon unsure of what to do. Much to her surprise, her step brother calmly stepped through the crowd, leading them into the building. At the first sight of Yonghwa, the news reporters began firing question after question, most of which involved his engagement. Yonghwa smiled at the crowd and waved away the noise.

 

In the silence, he gazed at the reporters, one by one, before speaking. “The reason I allowed news of me dining at this restaurant tonight travel through news agencies was for one reason, the same reason as to why all of you are standing here.

 

Seohyun exchanged confused glances with Yoona and Taeyeon. What was her boyfriend doing? Seohyun had to admit that her boyfriend really knew how to handle the press.

 

“Yes, I know you’ve heard of my sudden engagement,” Yonghwa drew their attention. “However, I’m here tonight to tell you that it’s not real.”

 

“What are you doing?” Seohyun hissed as quietly as she could, knowing that the ruckus made by the crowd could hide her voice.

 

Yonghwa gave her a reassuring smile before continuing. “My stepmother set up that marriage in hopes that I would leave the girl I love.”

 

The volume of the crowd increased dramatically and Yonghwa had to wait for them to hush down.

 

“I’ve been in love with this girl ever since my childhood. However, my stepmother greatly disapproved of this relationship and even went as far as forcefully sending the girl away.” Yonghwa took a deep breath, knowing that his face was showing on all major news channels in Korea and Europe, as well as America. “I was finally reunited with the girl earlier this year and we have been dating ever since. My stepmother found out the day before yesterday. That’s why she set up this arranged marriage. That’s also why I tell you this engagement you talk of is false. I never agreed, neither did my father, to this. I therefore, officially call off that marriage. And I apologize to the girl I was engaged to and her family, however this is not my fault, my girlfriend’s fault, nor my father’s- if you wish to blame someone, place the blame on my money-loving stepmother.”

 

Yonghwa stepped back and grabbed Seohyun’s hand, pulling her forward. “Meet my girlfriend. This is Park Seohyun.”

 

The crowd clamored as they hurriedly spoke into their recorders.

 

Minhyuk glanced to the side and saw a tuff of red hair snaking its way toward them. He quickly snuck off the side and entered the restaurant, reappearing moments later. He moved Yonghwa’s side, handed him a small bag, whispered the news of the red haired person’s arrival, and returned to stand beside Yoona.

 

Yonghwa turned to face Seohyun. He knew that it was now or never, especially when his stepmother’s spy was rapidly approaching. Time was short.

 

He slowly sank down onto one knee while Seohyun and the rest of the onlookers gasped. Pulling out the item that Minhyuk passed on to him, he opened the delicate box and revealed an exquisite ring just as Red Haired Boy burst through the front lines, his eyes pitch black with fury.

 

Yonghwa swallowed hard. “Park Seohyun.”

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

I really really REALLY at ending my stories, so please keep that in mind as you read the next chapter.