IT ENDS TONIGHT.

Forbidden Kiss

 

They disembarked from the long plane ride and rubbed their sleepy eyes as the sunlight blared down through the window.

 

“We’re here at last,” Yonghwa mumbled, sleep swirling around in his brain as he half-back hugged, half-leaned on Seohyun, causing her to stumble and shoot him a glare.

 

The two girls were dragging their luggage while Yonghwa clung onto Seohyun, his mind thinking she was a pillow and this was a dream.

 

“Yo! Taeyeon! Seohyun! And the idiot!”

 

Taeyeon was suddenly tackled by a whirling tornado, which turned out to be Jonghyun, who refused to let her go. Minhyuk and Yoona joined their ranks, holding hands, as their free hands pulled their suitcases.

 

“Where’s our hotel?” Yoona asked once the excitement died down and Yonghwa finally woke up to reality.

 

“We can nab a taxi and tell them these directions,” Seohyun held out the information packet her father had handed her as they are leaving.

 

“You know English, right, Seohyun?”

 

The girl in question nodded as they set out for the street. When they finally flagged down their mode of public transportation, Seohyun conversed in the passenger seat with the driver while the rest of them couldn’t take their gazes off the sights of the city.

 

“Wow, Paris is beautiful,” Yoona whispered in awe.

 

“I’ve been here before with my parents on a business trip, but it still manages to stun me,” Jonghyun smiled, his arm resting with ease across Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

Even their hotel was impressive. Being that it was first class, they were expecting nice. But this was… NICE.

 

The girls were in a room and the guys were in a room; a door and a balcony connected both rooms. They were located on the fifth floor, giving them a breathtaking view of Paris, the city of love.

 

Tonight’s the night, Yonghwa thought to himself as he watched Seohyun laugh with their friends, debating on where to go next. I need to make sure my plan works so that my fake engagement with the other chick blows off and I shake that woman off our tails… forever.

 

“Let’s go to the river,” Yonghwa suggested when a lull appeared in their conversation. “And since we’re here, we have to see the Eiffel Tower. And I heard they have a popular mall not too far from here. We can check

that out too.”

 

The girls squealed, indicating that his plan was agreed upon.

 

They changed clothes and set out for the mall. Upon arriving, the girls scattered in every direction as they caught sight of stores that just seemed to call for them.

 

“Phones!” was all the guys managed to yell before having to run to catch up with their respective girls.

 

The six friends toured the city and before long, the sun began disembarking down its trail in the sky, its rays slowly receding from Paris.

 

While the girls went to the bathroom together, something the guys totally didn’t understand, Yonghwa took the chance to tell his friends the plan.

 

Jonghyun whistled and clapped his friend on the back. “Man, you’re brave.”

 

Yonghwa shrugged, a light smile playing on his face, “I have no choice. Besides, I know Seohyun’s the one I wanna grow old with.”

 

“Congratulations, bro,” Minhyuk nodded his approval. “We’ll definitely make this night unforgettable.”

 

“Thanks,” Yonghwa breathe a sigh of relief, knowing his friends were backing him up definitely lifted his burdens. “Here they come,” he glanced at the three girls, his eyes fixated on the girl in the middle- his girl.

 

In his eyes, there was no other girl besides for Seohyun.

 

Yonghwa stretched out his hand and Seohyun willing accepted with a smile. The group continued on, this time returning to their hotel to refresh themselves after a day of traveling.

 

The boys entered their suit and bade their goodbyes as the girls took a step further down the furnished hallway into their own suit. Just as Seohyun was about the close the door, being the last girl to enter, she caught a glimpse of a suspicious person ducking into a side hall. After telling her girls that she would be right back, Seohyun crept toward the corner.

 

“So you saw me,” a deep voice sounded as Seohyun neared the site.

 

“Who are you?” Seohyun took a few steps back from the edge of the wall for protection, especially since she couldn’t see the man.  

 

“Honestly, I was sent by your mother to spy on you and basically ruin your life. However, after watching you all day, you seem like a good person and I don’t understand my boss’s instructions anymore.” The man stepped out from the shadows.

 

It was the red haired boy.

 

“How’d you follow us here?” Seohyun exclaimed, backing up even further. This kid better not be picking a fight.

 

“Chill, I’m not going to you,” he said amused. “Those were your mother’s instructions.”

 

“As expected,” Seohyun admitted. She still couldn’t believe that this kid had been following them around town the whole day though. Seohyun didn’t notice anything!

 

“I’m not a bad person, really,” the boy insisted earnestly. “I just needed some fast money. However, the thing is that I still need the money.” He took a step forward.

 

Seohyun took another two steps back, her eyes wide. Her right hand slowly made its way to the back pocket of her jeans, where her phone was located. She began dialing Yonghwa’s number after noticing that the red haired person was distracted by their surroundings.

 

“If you do anything to me,” Seohyun threatened,” my boyfriend is right there with his friends. They can kick your .”

 

“I wouldn’t do anything in public,” he smiled thinly.

 

“How much is my step-mother paying you,” Yonghwa suddenly appeared and placed himself in front of Seohyun. “And what you said was right- you won’t do anything to her in public. In fact, you won’t do anything to her privately, either, because if you do, I’ll kill you.”

 

Yonghwa said his threat so simply and without emotion that the red haired boy flinched.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun had a secret dilemma going on in her mind. Was this red haired person a boy or a man? After mulling over this for a while, she decided it didn’t matter, and she refocused on the matter at hand.

 

Man, she was too easily distracted.

 

Yonghwa and the red haired boy/man continued their stare-off. Seohyun glanced between the two of them, amused.

 

“How about we pay you some money, and you can go back to Korea and tell your boss that you Seohyun,” Jonghyun stepped out from their room with Minhyuk following closely behind, both with their eyes narrowed dangerously. Their shoes glided over the glossy red carpet as they silently joined their friend and leader, their hands casually placed in their pockets, their stance relaxed. A lethal aura seemed to float around them as they gave the intruder a glance over.

 

Ever since Yonghwa had been reunited with Seohyun, Jonghyun and Minhyuk had grown close to their sister-in-law (which was what they referred to her as when she wasn’t around). They had heard the story behind what happened last night during their tour earlier today, and they weren’t happy.

 

And now they were meeting that offender in person.

 

“Or we can just kick his miserable little sorry ,” Minhyuk suggested without humor, his voice flat and carrying out over the heavy silence.

 

“My boss, your mother, is offering me a lot of money and the job is to simply a girl and ruin her life,” Red Haired Boy/Man/Freak grinned.

 

Seohyun grimaced and her fist flew upward, only to be stopped by the fast-reacting Yonghwa. His hand gripped her wrist, his face clenched with fury.

 

Before anyone could say anything, however, Yoona and Taeyeon stepped out from the safety of the girl’s room.

 

“ a girl,” Yoona said softly, so softly it was barely audible, “is horrible. While for you, the male, it might be a momentary thing, for the girl, it will be a traumatizing memory she has to carry with her for the rest of her life. You think is simple? Have you ever considered how much suffering that brings a girl?” She slowly lifted her gaze from the floor and stared Red Haired Boy/Man/Freak in the eye.

 

“And ruining someone’s life,” Taeyeon continued, “shouldn’t be something so lightly spoken of. Yes, for you it might be easy to ruin a person and forget about it. However, for the person receiving your cruelty, it will stay with them forever. Think a little, will you? What if you were the one whose life becomes ruined? What if you were the one whose life was trampled over for a little bit of money?

 

“I-I,” Red Haired Boy/Man/Freak stuttered. “SHUT UP! Stay out of this!”

 

“Unfortunately, we can’t,” Yoona gave a sad smile. “Seohyun here is a good friend of mine. This whole idea of you and ruining her is heartbreaking, and I won’t allow it.”

 

“Neither will I,” Taeyeon took a step closer. Jonghyun reached out and pulled her to his side, his gaze never leaving their enemy.

 

Finally Yonghwa spoke up. “This nonsense ends tonight, so you better leave. There’s nothing you can do here anymore.”

 

“What do you mean it ends tonight? I received notice that your birthday isn’t until tomorrow, which means I still have time to complete my mission,” Red Haired Boy/Man/Thing spat out.

 

“Read the newspaper tomorrow. It’ll be all over the news,” Yonghwa answered calmly.

 

After the Red Haired Boy/Man/Freak/Thing huffed and left, saying that he’d be back, Yonghwa repeated himself, this time softer.

 

“It ends tonight.”

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Almost done! Can you guess what Yonghwa's planning?