Why Did I fall In Love with You?

Forbidden Kiss

 

Taeyeon imagined the scent of mint ice cream as her group neared the cutely decorated shop. She positively adored mint chocolate chip ice cream.

 

When she was younger, and when Seohyun had been with them still, Taeyeon would always run to the ice cream stand beside her elementary school and the two of them would sit under a nearby tree on sunny days or on top of the grassy hills on cool days and slowly their mint chocolate chip treats together, talking and pretending to be princesses. Once in a while their imagination would really rocket off and they transformed from Taeyeon and Seohyun to Sailor Mercury and Sailor Moon respectively. They would run around with their ice cream dripping down the cones as they fought off imaginary evil forces and reenacted their favorite scenes from the anime.

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

She turned her head to the side to see a flustered Jonghyun. “Ne?”

 

“I was calling your name for a while. You seemed kinda… spaced out.”

 

“Oh. I was thinking about when I was a kid- I loved getting ice cream with my sis- err, my best friend,” Taeyeon explained. She was determined to find her sister and, after finding her, shoving Seohyun and Yonghwa together. After seeing how much the separation affected Taeyeon’s stepbrother, she could only imagine the devastation it must’ve wrecked upon her sister. She didn’t care if society frowned down upon siblings or stepsiblings being together romantically- she wanted her family to be happy. Yonghwa and Seohyun were her only family.

 

And if Yonghwa and Seohyun were to be together, no one could know that they were related through marriage.

 

“… Taeyeon?”

 

The girl in question blinked. She had zoned out again. “Sorry about that…” She sheepishly rubbed the back of her head and realized that Minhyuk and Yoona had already walked ahead of them. Catching up to them quickly, Taeyeon turned toward Jonghyun and gave him a cheesy smile.

 

“What are you thinking so hard about?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrow. He hadn’t known what to do with his hands- they felt so awkward hanging by his side- and luckily Taeyeon hadn’t noticed and he simply stuck them into his pockets. He hated that feeling of having millions of eyes on him, though he should’ve gotten used to it, and he always felt awkward walking around. His feet would mess up the rhythm and stumble, his arms would swing too fast, and he just felt awkward.

 

He should’ve been named the “Awkward Idol”.

And maybe Wongfu Productions could make a new type of doll: The Awkward Idol Doll.

 

“Just… remembering things from my past and future plans,” Taeyeon lifted her shoulders, a mysterious light in her eyes.

 

Jonghyun shrugged it off. Obviously she didn’t want to talk about it yet. He remembered their talk last night while sitting on her bed, how she hugged him as he cried, and how they woke up next to each other, her arms still around him. That was the best feeling in the world- waking up to have the person you love next to you, knowing that they are the most special person out there, having the sunlight dance off their face and hair, seeing their peaceful face, and the sweet memories of them holding you as you wept your heart out. Maybe that’s why marriage is so good- that happens every morning. Hm.

 

Taeyeon threw glances at Jonghyun- he was now the one immersed into the foreboding waters of deep thought. She took this opportunity to admire him. Jonghyun was seriously handsome. He was kind, caring, understanding, unafraid of crying, a strong fighter, an out-of-the-box person, someone who did the unexpected… the list rambled on and on. She hid a smile as she recalled how he had pulled her into a tight embrace at the school’s roof earlier that morning, as well as how they woke up next to each other with no awkwardness at all- well, it’s not like they did anything to make it awkward. They just fell asleep next to each other… in each other’s arms.

 

The bell to the shop rang as the group of four students entered in, their laughter flowing across the room.

 

“Oh! It’s Yonghwa and Jjang!” Minhyuk grinned, grabbed the startled Yoona’s hands, and briskly strutted toward the said table. Taeyeon followed his movement to the other group of people and her eyes landed on the guy next to Yonghwa.

 

No way?

 

Jungshin was back?

 

Taeyeon wrinkled her nose when she remembered how he had suddenly disappeared, leaving behind only a single note saying that family called. They had panicked so much back then…

 

Her eyes moved to the girl between them, the one who was holding Yonghwa’s hands, the girl who was frozen in shock- well, all three of the people in that group were frozen- but she seemed to be the one who was deep in shock. 

 

Taeyeon froze as she recognized the face.

 

Jonghyun, not knowing what was going on, grabbed her hand and headed over to join his buddies.

 

“Seo-Seohyun Unnie?” Taeyeon whispered once they arrived. The girl’s frozen state answered her question. After all these years… Taeyeon’s eyes traveled down the girl’s arm to once again confirm what she saw earlier- Seohyun was indeed holding hands with the Ice King. Which meant- oh no. She just called Seohyun her Unnie.

 

“You horrible chingoo! Disappearing on me like that!” Taeyeon desperately struggled to backtrack and cover her mistake. It seemed as if the others bought the excuse and believed her.

 

“Ah… Taeyeon…” Seohyun’s mouth was the only sign that she was living.

 

“Y’all know each other?” Minhyuk’s surprised face tilted to the side and he puffed out his cheeks, pouting.

 

From the side, Taeyeon could feel Jonghyun’s curious gaze upon her. From the front, she felt the slicing eyes of Yonghwa, Seohyun, and Jungshin. Attempting to laugh lightly, she forced a smile on her broken face. “Of course I know her! The three of us- Jungshin, Seohyun, and I- go way back.” She purposely left Yonghwa out of the group, knowing that he probably needed to explain to his friends himself. Surprisingly she saw Yonghwa flash a grateful look her way.

 

When was the last time she saw Yonghwa really smiling?

When was the last time she saw Yonghwa being grateful toward her for something?

 

“You recognized me?” Jungshin mimicked Minhyuk’s signature pout.

 

“Of course I did. You punk. Both of you,” Taeyeon glared at him and Seohyun. “Disappearing on me. Tsk.”

 

With that, the ice was broken and conversations flowed naturally and freely between the seven students. Taeyeon suppressed a laugh when she noticed Seohyun shooting Jonghyun daggers when he wasn’t looking, knowing full well that her sister had seen Taeyeon holding Jonghyun’s hand.

 

Poor Jungshin. He was the only single person in the group. Everyone else was either with or interested in their partner.

 

They talked about school, about the town, all light topics really. After a long time, Jonghyun and Minhyuk left with Yoona because they had to return to school to complete a project together. Jonghyun paused in Taeyeon’s ear and whispered, “I’ll call you later.” Beaming up at him, she nodded eagerly.

 

It was only Yonghwa, Seohyun, Jungshin, and Taeyeon left in the store. They left and strolled silently to the park where they had grown up together, the memories resurfacing as if they had happened yesterday.

 

“Taeyeon…” Seohyun broke the silence. “Before I can explain to you anything or tell you what’s been going on in my life, you have to know that if your mother sees me with you or Yonghwa, she’s going to kill me. Literally. I’m not sure how safe this park is.”

 

“Tsk.” Yonghwa grabbed Seohyun’s hand and pulled her to his side. “Who cares about that grumpy lady on who’s on her menopause.”

 

“I knew it. It was because of our mom, right? You disappearing like that… without even saying goodbye…” Taeyeon’s voice trailed off as it began shaking slightly. She knew it was because of her mom. There was no need for her to question it. But some part in the back of her mind, she wanted to give her mother the hope of doubt, though she had heard from her own mother’s mouth of her plans to rid herself of Seohyun.

 

Seohyun stared up into the sky, the wind blowing her hair around her as the sun shown gently downward, casting shadows on her face. “Yeah,” she let out a long breath. “She’s never liked me and when Yonghwa got into that accident, she shoved me to my dad with the threat that if I ever showed myself to you guys, she’d make you suffer like no other. And she said… she’d send Taeyeon back to her real dad. But anyways,” she continued on after a brief moment’s pause,” I was pretty depressed for a long time afterwards. My dad’s great, and he gave me a lot of support, but everything felt wrong. On my first day of school I met this crazy kid running from this other school’s gang and from then on I’ve been a best friend with him and the group. We’re all still really close friends, though one of them got accepted to become a trainee at JYP and I rarely see him now.”

 

Jungshin leaned forward. “How is it that you two met again? After Yonghwa lost his memories about you and all.”

 

The two of them related their experiences from their points of view, laughing as they heard the other person’s story.

 

“I’m SO GLAD YOU’RE BACK UNNIE!” Taeyeon suffocated Seohyun in a hug. “I’ve missed you so much!” Right then and there Taeyeon broke down and bawled like a child.

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

Do y'all like the new font size? 

I realized that bigger fonts are easier on the eyes..

Let me know if you like this or the previous small font better!

 

There were a few questions about the story that I answered in red [comments section].. I hope they explained stuff? O_o ^^ I'm horrible at explaining things TT

 

I was planning to update a lot more this week,

but I ended up shopping for ingredients & cooking dinner for my parents tuesday-today ^^

I hope you like the new update! I  felt like the previous chapter was a bit weak -.-

& Guess what song I had on repeat while writing?

Why Did I Fall In Love with You by DBSK <3

OHMYGOSH GUYS. I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH. Especially's Jaejoong's voice. 

http://youtu.be/GMqwJSO8zFg <- seeing that video... hearing their beautiful voices &  seeing them singing together makes me wanna cry. I miss them so much.

 

 

 

lovethynne [block]  on 12-1-2011 21:19:46 says: x
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Love it! hahahah Officially Couple! KAMSHAMIDA!! THANK YOU!! ARIGATU!! :D ehehehhe

taeyoooooooonieeeeeeee hyunnnn is BACK!!! Don't let eh WITCH separate you guys again! :D

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (: 
I'm glad you're so excited :D 
It made me smile, hehe. 

That witch is grumbling in the background. She's going to show her face sometime.. I don't know if it's soon or not since I kinda write whatever comes up, but she'll be back. :[ Unless a car runs her over.. but then.. that'd be kinda bad..

hyunju [block]  on 12-1-2011 20:47:43 says: x
Taeyeon is so understanding..
Jungshin haven't got a pair yet?umm..who will be?
Eunjung?maybe he could take control of her.hehe ;)
Yonghwa is such a fast mover.proposing seohyun right there and then
But still, I Love it :)
Nado,I've watch it 3times.yongseo is Jjang!

I really have no clue who to pair Jungshin up with O_o . The 'controlling Eunjung' is a good idea.. Hm. I actually really really really like that idea now. Hm. Hehe. 

Yup. I was afraid it'd be too fast.. but that day when I was writing, my brain was mushy. & I put that. D: 
So now I have to go with the flowww of my mushy brain, haha. 

YONGSEO <3 OHMYGOSH <-best WGM couple out there. 

raisin [block]  on 11-29-2011 15:50:26 says: x
LOL, I think I know what drama you were talking about. it's my princess, no?
btw OMG YONGHWA AND SEOHYUN FINALLY TOGETHER AGAIN! hmmm what should they do about the mother? she's seohyun's mother, no? since she's yonghwa's stepmother. why does she hate her child so much then? still can't understand.
and oh finally taeyeon meets her long lost unnie! *cries happily*
can I expect more sweet and romantic moments between yongseo? and jealous yonghwa of course, LOL.

It's been a while since I wrote that chapter.. So now I'm not sure what drama I was talking about. But I WAS watching My Princess earlier so I guess I was talking about that? O_O My memory is horrible, haha. I LOVE THAT DRAMA SO MUCH. OH MY GOODNESS. KIKWANG <3 SO ADORABLE. 

I KNOW :D FINALLY! ~ 
I haven't decided what to do with the mother. IDK how she's going to re-enter the scene.. but she will. eventually. 

Well basically: The mother met Seohyun's father when they were both young and they were foolish and make Seohyun. For some reason, the mother was super angry when she found out she was pregnant and left, therefore Seohyun's father had no clue where she was for a long time. Seohyun's mother hated Seohyun because of the memories of her mistakes with the father. Does that make sense? If it doesn't, leave me a note in your next comment & I'll try to explain it better in the next chapter. 

YEAH! :D Taeyeon cried too. *nodnod. Hehehe. They're such a cute family [minus the evil mother]

OF COURSE YOU CAN! DEFINITELY! CUTE MOMENTS & JEALOUS MOMENTS [don't forget Seohyun's meeting Nichkhun the next day for dinner ~ ]

lingericious [block]  on 11-28-2011 01:38:34 says: x
I forgot to reply the main thing... TAENGOO AND SEOHYUN MET!!! AHHH~

And wait... If Jungshin knew about Taeyeon, Seohyun and Yonghwa... But Jonghyun and Minhyuk only know Jjang as Jjang, and Taeyeon as Yonghwa's stepsister... That means... Jungshin knew the three of them first? Waaaaay long ago? And before Seohyun left, he already left? Or something?

LOLOL ^^ 

Something like that. 
Jungshin knew the three siblings because they were childhood friends & grew up together. Later on, he met Jonghyun and Minhyuk at school and the four of them guys became best friends instantly. He left a little bit before Seohyun did, so this was the first time he's heard the story. 

lingericious [block]  on 11-28-2011 01:35:47 says: x
Haha. And I not only love your story, I love your replies to our comments too! XD

And they are officially together! With Jungshin as their witness! I wonder how Nichkhun will react!

Luckily you sent him in... or maybe he would even eat up the cave you are in... You mean that annoying woman has been visiting your cave recently? Ask Jungshin to eat her up! Oh wait... He's already in the story... Craps...

Good! Luckily Jonghyun is accepting the challenge and not hating me! Haha. And tell him he better treat Taengoo well, OR ELSE... I wonder what Jungshin will do in this story!!

YAY :D 
I'm glad you like my replies. I love replying to comments ^^ Especially yours. I love this little side story we have going on about how Jungshin was at my house eating everything I owned, hahaa xD

YES! THEY ARE TOGETHER! HAHA IN YOUR FACE NICHKHUN! Lol, just kidding. I'm not sure if I want to make him a good character or a bad character.. Maybe the girl who was talking to him was Jessica? O_o DUN DUN DUN * DRAMATIC MUSIC * 

& YES! That annoying woman visited me the other day and demanded that I took Seohyun out of the story. I told her no. & she ate my fridge and left. O_O 

Yup! He says he'll treat her like a gentleman. (:

tthnguyen [block]  on 11-28-2011 01:05:53 says: x
Yeah I have watched Heartstrings already!! Good drama but I don't really like the ending it was a bit too rushed....
Jungshin can be with........idk really.. :D What's going to happen now?? Hyun has seen her sibling's when she's not supposed to....wish everything goes well at the end
Update Soon!!

I didn't watch the ending yet. I realize.. I tend to start dramas and watch 'til the middle. & Then I daydream my own ending to the drama, haha. Prosecutor Princess & You're Beautiful are the only Korean Dramas that I've legitly finished. I usually finish my japanese dramas though.. for some odd weird reason.

I hope you like the update from Taeyeon's POV! (: 

& Poor Jungshin.. for now he's gonna be a poor single, haha.