Yonghwa Seeks Out the Jjang.

Forbidden Kiss

 

“Where are you going, Yonghwa?” A girl clasped onto his arm, clinging to him. “Come over tonight! My parents aren’t home. We can have fun like we did the other night,” she lowered her voice seductively.

If this were before he discovered the secrets about Seohyun, he probably would’ve gone to this girl’s house just to pass the night. Now that he knew about his past with Seohyun, however, all the girls who hung around him just seemed to fade away and disappear into the oblivion.

He shook the girl off and walked away.

Seohyun.

As hard as he tried, he just couldn’t conjure up any memories of her.

And his dreams. Ever since the accident he would randomly, and quite frequently, have dreams about a girl. By the time he woke up, he could never remember her face or her name; he was just left with the knowledge of her presence. Recently, however, the dreams were becoming more and more real and vivid.

Yonghwa headed for his spot on the roof, the calming spot that always managed to somehow relax his tense body. Recently, however, its magic was no longer effective.

He changed directions and decided to meet up with his friends who were most likely also ditching class.

Just as he guessed, he found them sprawled out in an empty classroom. “Hey.”

Minhyuk glanced up, startled by Yonghwa’s sudden appearance. “Hey, bro! Glad you decided to finally join us.”

Jonghyun continued sleeping.

“The jjang of Seoul High… do you know her name?”

“Her last name is Choi, I think,” Minhyuk expertly twirled a pen between his fingers. “To playboys she’s known as the Ice Princess, so as hot as you are Yonghwa, I don’t think you’re her type. To everyone else she’s really nice, or so I’ve heard. Why are you suddenly so interested?”

“No reason,” Yonghwa shrugged. Choi… that was, unfortunately, a very common last name.

“Liar,” Jonghyun grumbled. “Guys ask for names when they’re interested.”

“I’m not interested! I’m just curious,” Yonghwa defended himself. Curious about why she’s always helping him, he wanted to add. “You guys want to go visit Seoul High after school today?”

“Might as well go now.” Jonghyun swung up around the table and landed smoothly on the floor.

“I wonder if she has any really pretty friends?” Yonghwa mused. “You know Yonghwa, she’s the total opposite of you, but yet you guys are so alike!”

“How’s that?”

“The opposite gender goes crazy for y’all. You go out with everyone while she gently rejects everyone. You both don’t have a real birth mother. Your fathers are rarely home. You don't have siblings,” Minhyuk ticked off his fingers each time.

She doesn’t have any siblings or a birth mother? Yonghwa sighed. That meant that she wasn’t his long lost sister. For some reason, he felt a slight emptiness in the pit of his stomach. “How’d you find all of that out?”

“Rumors,” the dork shrugged. “I don’t know if they’re true though…”

So there was still a chance that the jjang of Seoul was his sister. Ever since the last encounter with their jjang, Yonghwa had been harboring a strange longing for the jjang to be Seohyun. He prayed that she was. He desperately wanted to find Seohyun, to find the piece of him that was always missing.

“We’ll pay them a friendly visit then,” Jonghyun decided after seeing the strange look on Yonghwa’s face.

Finally Yonghwa would be able to settle his restless heart, his heart that knew of no love. Just as they boarded their bikes, Yonghwa’s phone went off, playing the song “Loner” by CNBlue. He fumbled in his pockets for the phone, ignoring the screaming that started pouring from the classrooms as girls spotted their school idols. “Hello?”

“Yonghwa-ah!”

“Oh. Ahjumma, anneonghaseyo!” Why was his stepmother calling him?

“Yonghwa! Guess what?”

Yonghwa hated guessing games. “What.” His response wasn’t even an enthusiastic question; it was a flat, monotonic statement.

“Your father and I have set up a blind date for you!”

Say what? “Excuse me?”

“Tomorrow evening! She’s the daughter of a wealthy man, and she’s extremely beautiful. You’ll like her,” his stepmother squealed, more excited about the arrangement than he.

“I’ll pass.”

“Absolutely not. If you do, you’ll bring shame to the family and make your father mad. This is a very important meeting for him, you know. If things work out, your father will be the highest ranking businessman in his company!”

“… What time?” He’ll go, make a fool of himself, get her to dump him, and leave.

“7:00 sharp. Your driver will take you to the location.”

“… Sure. Anyway, I need to go. Bye.” Without waiting for a response, he hung up and tilted his head to the sky, the wind whipping his hair across his face.

When the trio arrived in front of Seoul High, they parked their bikes, swung off, and leaned against them. Minhyuk noticed the scowl on Yonghwa’s face and commented.

“That woman arranged another blind date, huh?” Jonghyun guessed.

“Yeah.”

“Are you going?”

“I have to; she's the freaking devil.”

"I know you never really liked her... but what did she do recently recently to promote herself to the status of a devil?" Minhyuk asked, startled.

"Everything. She did everything."

Jonghyun and Minhyuk glanced at each other worriedly; they knew that when Yonghwa began answering questions with short statements, he was fuming. Before further inquiring could be made, the bell rang for the dismissal of the school and Yonghwa straightened up, the dark look on his face gone and instantly replaced by a look of anxiety.

After the initial flood of chattering students swept by, there was no sign of the girl. Yonghwa placed his helmet on the leather seat and, without looking at his companions, casually strolled into the school where he caught a glimpse of the four guys from last time. Catching up with them, he tapped one on the shoulder and ducked as the man twisted around, his fist swinging.

“Chill bro!” Yonghwa patted his slightly wrinkled clothes out.

“Oh? It’s the brat,” the strongly built man shot back. Before a fight could break out, the guy’s friend reached out and restrained him, giving Yonghwa an apologetic smile.

“Sorry about that. Taecyeon, if Jjang hears about this, she’ll have your for sure.”

“I don’t understand why Jjang cares so much about these brats!” The man, Taecyeon, huffed, glaring at Yonghwa.

“Why are you here?” Another student hopped off a nearby desk, landed neatly on the floor, and joined his friends.

“I’m looking for your jjang.”

They raised their eyebrows at each other. “You’re looking for Jjang? Why?”

“I wanted to ask her something,” Yonghwa answered curtly.

“She’s not here right now…” the third guy shrugged, skipping back to his desk to catch more sleep.

“Taecyeon, call her,” the second guy ordered. “I’m Wooyoung,” he smiled.

“I’m Yonghwa.”

“This hotheaded idiot is Taecyeon, that sleepy headed idiot is Junho,” Wooyoung introduced the other two.

“Why do I have to call her?” Taecyeon whined, amazingly reverting from his macho show off to an unusual display of cuteness.

“Because you’re the closest one to her,” Junho called out, his head still lying on the cool surface of the wood.

“Lies. She likes Nichkhun the best,” Taecyeon muttered as he drew out his phone.

“And Nichkhun is at JYP training to become a singer. Now call her and stop being such a little kid,” another student retorted from the doorway, startling Yonghwa. “I’m Chansung.”

“Ne, Jjang? This is Taecyeon. Remember that punk? Yeah. He’s looking for you… here at school... YAH!” Taecyeon yanked the phone away from his ear as a deafening shout was heard from the other line. He stared at his disconnected phone, distraught.

"She's mad." 

"Oh yeah."

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I did relatively well on the PSAT.. I think, haha. YAY! 

 

rocket_star [block]  on 10-11-2011 22:16:55 says: x
awesome update as always!! it's okay you can post the next update tomorrow!! hope your study going well!! fighting!!

Thank you for commenting so much! <3 The idea you gave me will be included in the next chapter [: & Thanks for the encouragement!