The Park

Endless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We should visit your family this time, Ji Hyo." Mentioned Kwang Soo. "I'm sure that they are pleased to see you once again." Ever since they went to Kwang Soo's family, Ji Hyo did not mention of visiting her family.

"Worry again?" She nods. "We will face this situation together. There's no way I'm leaving by your side. I promise." He pulled out Ji Hyo's handphone and pass towards her. "It's all in your hands." Her trembling hands finally managed to find the way to call her mom. It's a quick conversation between them both, and she hangs up with a relief.

"So what did she say?"

"She said that she would like to meet up soon."

"You aren't busy with anything right?" With a no she answers, Kwang Soon decided to meet with her family. "Great... Pack it up and let's get going!" Cheered Kwang Soo.

Unlike Kwang Soo's side, Ji Hyo's parents are open-minded. Treating Kwang Soo as if he's already their son in law. Who's picking the side dishes into his plate till it's pile up like a pyramid."Omma... Stop feeding him so much. He's going to gain weight."

She smacked Ji Hyo's hand when she was about to take away Kwang Soo's portion. "What do you mean by gain weight? Our Kwang Soo is too skinny. Look at him. It seems that he didn't have enough meal. Don't worry, Kwang Soo. Omoni will pack some food for you both to bring it back. It could last for a week or two."

"Erm.. Thank you, omoni." Kwang Soo said shyly.

"Omma.. You don't need to do that." Hissed Ji Hyo.

"What? That's what we should do when we have another family member."

"Not one. But two." Told his husband who was munching some kimchi slices.

"Ah yes.. two! I should have get something for our first grandchild too. Silly me! What should I get for her? Clothes? Toys?"

"Omma.. Calm down."

"Well, I am calming down. Aren't I?" She asked everyone, but none give out a word. Ji Hyo leans closer to Kwang Soo and whispers. "When my mom gets excited, she does that. And within a few seconds, she would burst into tears."

"Erm.. You mean like now?" Kwang Soo asked while gazing at Ji Hyo's mom who was sobbing for no reason.

Asked Ji Hyo's dad as he approaches towards the sobbing lady which was known as his wife. "Yeobo.. What's wrong? You are scaring our son-in-law." Asked Ji Hyo's dad while petting on his wife's back to calm her down.

"I'm just too happy. Every good news just came out of sudden. I'm not well prepared." She wipes her tears as a piece of clean tissue was passed down to her.

"I think your mom is cute." He speaks while grinding the tip of the chopstick. "What?" She locked her gaze on him with astonishment. "For real, Kwang Soo?" He nods.

"I never see someone who would cry with full of joy. I really like your mom. She's... Something special."

"Appa said that she's experiencing it ever since she was pregnant of me. Well... I didn't know what I did to her that time."

"Perhaps cursing?" Teased Kwang Soo who then laughed silently next to her.

"Yah... You-" Kwang Soo just peck her lips from hearing her cursing. She blushed. 

"Our baby girl shouldn't listen to her mother cursing freely. You got to control yourself." Min Jung on the other hand, munching a tiny slice of dried persimmon. Staring at her mother with great attention. Ji Hyo just smiled boldly. "Fine... I will curse as much as I can once she isn't around." She picked a slice of meat and laid it on Kwang Soo's bowl. "Eat more. Or else, my mom would be nagging for not feeding you with a proper meal."

_________________________________________________________

Kwang Soo looked at the great view from the house after their meal. "It's a good day, isn't it? Can we all go for a quick stroll on the park?" Demanded Kwang Soo.

"The park?" She disagrees immediately. "Oh no... It's going to be crowded." She explained.

"Come on, Ji Hyo. Kwang Soo's idea is great. A bond between father and daughter." "And I'm certain that Min Jung will be happy to explore the park." Added Ji Hyo's dad who was cleaning the tough stains on dirty plates.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter