The Desperate Man

Endless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

By the time they arrived home from the funfair, it was already night. And it's impossible for Ji Hyo to prepare the meal in a short period. The longest for her to prepare, would take at least an hour.

With that, Kwang Soo suggested to have their meal at a restaurant where he had checked earlier on the internet. Without pursing much detail, she agrees and the family of three went out once more. The trip to the restaurant is just fifteen minutes away from her house. When she finds out that they are heading to the fancy restaurant for dinner, she went anxious. She held on Kwang Soo's wrist. "Kwang Soo..." She mumbled.

Kwang Soo stare down sat her grip on his wrist at first, and then he made an eye contact with Ji Hyo. "What’s wrong?" Ji Hyo shook her head as she frown. "We don't have to eat here. It’s a fancy restaurant. And our attire isn’t appropriate for their theme." Excussed Ji Hyo. Seeing Kwang Soo who was looking at her with a weird look, she said again. "The food is costly over here too. Not to say about the food, even a glass of water cost few dollars."

He pats on Ji Hyo's palm and heads into the restaurant. "Calm down. Let me feed you with good food. For once.. After all these while, I'm sure you save your money to raise Min Jung. Spending money for meal, is nothing much."

_________________________________________________________

The waiter prepared a table of two and placed the menus on the table. And a high chair for Min Jung to seat since the table is unreachable for her petite size.

Being a gentleman, Kwang Soo pulled out the chair for Ji Hyo to sit on. Once they settled down, Kwang Soo opened the menu and peak on the menu. With a quick glance, he looked around and snapped his finger to call a waiter.

Kwang Soo shown the meal that he wants to be served when the waiter drop by to take the order. "I would like to have a plate of sets of slow braised pork belly, a slow raised lamb shoulder. Game carparrio as the main starter and dessert will be a slice of Lemon Cheesecake." Kwang Soo paused, stare at Min Jung who was already drooling for food. He chuckled and he ordered something else for his daughter. "A bowl of mushroom soup, and a plate of french fries for the little girl. And please give us also the best red wine that you can recommend."

The waiter nodes and left the table to pass order to the chefs. Ji Hyo whispers towards Kwang Soo. "Don't you think that's too much?"

"Too much? In fact... I thought of going for the second round." Chuckled Kwang Soo as he wrapped a bib around Min Jung's neck. Knowing that it’s time for a meal, she laughed out happily till she shown her baby teeth.

"Arasso, baby girl... Wait for your meal patiently please." The same waiter then drop by, with a bottle of wine in his hand. He opened it and poured into the wine glass.  Min Jung stares blankly at the waiter for a second. The waiter made an eye contact with Min Jung, showing a friendly smile to cheer her up. Min Jung gave him a wink, before giggling for doing so. He went puzzled, seeing a young girl who knew how to wink. He winked back, along a pat on Min Jung's head as a respond.

"Your daughter is beautiful. And she just makes me fluttered." He gave a compliment. When his serve is done, he let out a small bow and told them to enjoy their meal.

"Cheers." Kwang Soo raised a little of the wine glass. Ji Hyo smiled and did the same, cling the wine glass without putting too much pressure. "Cheers.." 

"Naa~" She pat on her chest firmly and raised her baby bottle as well. The two adults just chuckled softly and they three cling their drinks once again.

_________________________________________________________

His previous plan was a huge success. He unfolds the paper list that he wrote before. There are a few more choices for him to pick on. He smiled as he tick the next plan that he decided to cherish his day with his family. He heard some clinging sound from Min Jung. Nibbling her toys with her baby teeth.

Kwang Soo tilted his head, watching Min Jung who was playing all by herself. With her big eyes, she watches on Kwang Soo. She tilted her head as well, following Kwang Soo's gesture. Kwang Soo didn't know what to sat, only let out a chuckled. He brushed Min Jung's head and tells her about the out coming plan. As if she would understand about the surprise. "Tomorrow we will stick to the plan. To the park. You, omma...And appa as well" She just nod mindlessly.

_________________________________________________________

Kwang Soo was in a good mood of making the next move to win Ji Hyo's heart. During the night, he put Min Jung into sleep. He then tiptoed out from the house alonw. He thought of picking Ji Hyo up from her work. Not wanting to pick her up with empty handed, he simply drops by at a cafe and bought a cup of fresh warm Americano. Not to forget, he bought a fresh baked croissant as well. Just in case Ji Hyo will be hungry after work.

Knowing where her work located, he waited under the windy weather. He was chattering, freezing as the wind blows hard. But the snacks and drinks are his main priority. Putting on his jacket and wrapped himself to avoid the cold. Hiding the coffee and the snacks under his jacket to keep them warm enough.

When Ji Hyo appeared from the entrance door, Kwang Soo was about to greet her. He then overhead a familiar voice from the other direction. "Samuel.." Kwang Soo mumbled wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter