Pasta

I'm Sorry It Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was a little startled by what happened when I opened the door.

My friend answered the phone with a surprised, "Hello? Mira?"

And a familiar figure stood in front of me, one that I didn’t expect to see. The face of Oh Sehun was looking a little a deer caught in headlights as he stared at me. He seemed sheepish at the sight of me there on the phone, looking just as startled as he did.

There was a moment of silence as we both stared at the other. The only thing I could hear was my friend on the other end, "Mira? Are you alright? Where are you?"

Blinking, a little dazed, I pushed past Sehun, locking my door behind me. "I’m here, don’t worry. How are you? I’m sorry I missed your call," I said, ignoring Sehun completely after recovering from my initial shock.

"I’m fine," the silvery voice replied, seeming relieved that I had spoken finally, "I’m sorry I wasn’t there today with my father, I had an unveiling to attend."  That sort of thing was normal for us.

"Don’t worry about it. I’ll see you next time, okay?" I made to push the button for the lift; still ignoring Sehun who I imagined was still standing outside my door. 

A hand stopped mine from reaching it however, holding onto my sleeve lightly. I looked up at Sehun who was staring at my face intently.

"What are you doing?" I asked him quietly, a little startled by the look on his face.

"What was that?" the voice on the other end of the phone asked me, clearly confused.

"I...umm... I have to go. I’ll call you back later." Without waiting for an answer, I hung up. 

Sehun was still staring at me, hand still tightly gripping my own. I glanced down at it and tried to free my jumper but with no real strength. In his other hand was a large shopping bag.  He turned around and towed me along back to my house.  

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to resist a little.

"Isn’t it obvious?" he asked, sounding a little bored.

"No. I need to get groceries though, so let me go." I yanked back all the way, freeing my sleeve from his grip completely. 

He jangled the bag in his other hand around, "What do you think this is?" as if I was stupid.

I put my hands on my hips, "You think you know what I like to eat?"

Smirking a little, he stretched towards my hand and took my keys from them, "Trust me."

Willingly, if a little hesitantly, I let him take the key and open my door. He stood to the side once it was open, allowing me to enter first. This surprised me a little as I didn’t think he could be gentlemanly even if he tried. Mind you, the amount of girls he had gone out with, he had to have some redeeming qualities.

I mumbled, slightly begrudgingly, "Thanks," after remembering why I was here in the first place. I had to get close to him, whether he hated me or not. If this was his way of easing his guilt about earlier, then I would have to grin and bear it.

He headed straight to my kitchen and began unpacking the shopping he had bought. I came over and watched him do it, more interested in the food than I was in him.  He seemed to have done well, picking lots of foods that I would usually have bought for myself.  

"Are you hungry?" he asked me.

To be honest, I was feeling a little sick from eating the entire bar of chocolate myself, but I nodded anyway, not wanting to upset the tranquillity of the moment.

He nodded, "I’ll make you some food then. What would you like to eat?"

Raising my eyebrow, I looked at him sceptically, "You can cook?"

Raising an eyebrow back at me, he replied, sounding a little irked, "Of course I can."

I continued to look at him disbelievingly. "Whatever you say..." I said as I left the kitchen area.

Following me closely, he sounded a little annoyed, "How do you think I cook for myself?"

I frowned. "Why do you cook for yourself?"

Shrugging lightly, he replied, "Because I live on my own, I have to be able to cook."

My frown deepened, "You live alone?"

This time, he frowned, "Of course I do. My house is like a slightly smaller version of this one. It’s a one bedroomed house."

Crap. Did he realise that this was only a one bed roomed house too? I nodded, "Oh, I see."

"So what do you want to eat?" he asked me again, clearly not clocking it.

I plopped myself down on the couch, still not rating his cooking ability. Mind you, it had to be better than my own. As I did this, the empty chocolate bar rapper came flying up and caught his attention. He picked it up and looked at its emptied contents. I felt my face reddening.

He smirked at me when he looked at me again, "Did you just finish this?"

I chewed the inside of my cheek whilst I tried to think of suitable explanation. I couldn’t think of one. "Maybe..." was all I could reply in the end.

He clasped his mouth with his hand turned away. I thought he was so disgusted with me that he was going to be sick. I smacked my hand to my head; I was never going to be friends with him.

A noise startled me, it was loud and repetitive, almost like someone clapping. I looked up and saw Sehun facing me once again, clapping his hands at me, the widest smile plastered on his face. He looked so carefree. He wasn’t disgusted as I had thought, he was just in a fit of laughter at me. 

I smiled, cheeks still a little pink.  "I was peckish..." I feebly mumbled as if it somehow made it ok. 

When I said this though, he bent himself in half and began spluttering uncontrollably. 

I had to bit my lip to stop myself from laughing too. "Stop it!" I warned him between giggles. 

When he heard the sound, he looked up at my face, his face now serious again. I instantly sobered up, "What’s wrong?"

He continued to stare at me for a minute, finally straightening up and smiling almost shyly, "Nothing." He shook his head, and retreated to the kitchen. I was about to follow him to ask about it again, but I realised I was still in my dodgy school uniform. Hurrying to my bedroom, I threw on an old hoodie and a pair of sweatpants, two of only ten items I was able to take with me from my real home.

I rushed back to the kitchen and pulled my hair into a high ponytail as I walked. When I reached the kitchen I rolled up my sleeves and washed my hands. Sehun had now removed his own blazer and tie and wore only his white shirt and navy trousers. In the least creepy way possible, I thought he looked good, maybe even better, like this. 

He heard me turning on the taps and turned towards the noise. I saw him from the corner of my eye looking up and down at my less than casual attire but I ignored it. This was my house and I would dress as I wanted in it. 

"I’m making pasta," Sehun informed me. I peeked over at him, I had been expecting him to say he was making instant ramen. But his voice sounded a little off. His face was a little red, but he didn’t look angry. Maybe it was just the heat of the cooker.

I hopped up onto the counter at the other side of the kitchen so I could reach the large plates that I knew were kept at the back of the cupboard. If I’m being honest, since moving here I had been too scared to try cooking so this was my first time using the plates and I realised now how badly positioned they were. Feeling Sehun watching me, I didn't want to make an embarrassment of myself. 

I suddenly heard a sigh from right behind me, causing me to turn back in the direction it was in. Sehun was standing in front of my knees, his face about five centimetres from my own as he stretched around me and lifted out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter