Rejection

I'm Sorry It Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spent the rest of the weekend mostly studying in my penthouse. It was very spacious and elegantly decorated here, but lonely. I also had to phone back some of my friends from my old school that had left messages on my phone for me. They all thought I was away doing charity work for the greater good - I just had to hope none of them saw me. But it was unlikely any would be in this area. I had also had to have a talk with my father’s secretary about how the matter with Sehun was going. Dismally, I reported that it might take a while.

 

When Monday came around, I was more than a little hesitant about returning to that school. But, as the clock struck 7:30, I promptly left my house and made my way to school, determined not to be late again.

As I walked to school for the second time in my life, I noticed a large group of girls around the gate. They were all very beautiful; among them I recognised Kim Yunseo and so quickly hurried past without another glance, not wanting to provoke any more hostility.

I was among the first to enter the class and was a little sad to see Baekhyun wasn’t here yet. Oh, and neither was Sehun.

I looked around the slowly-filling class and noticed that neither Kai nor Chanyeol were in this class. "Morning!" a chirpy voice greeted me as the waving hand of Baekhyun came into view. He was smiley as always and was eager to hear how my weekend was. Determined not to sound like a compete loser who spent her spare time studying alone, I said I spent time with my family.

Suddenly there was a loud rabble from the corridor causing many of the students to jump up from their seats and rush to the door.  Baekhyun chuckled and whispered to me, "This is why if Sehun turns up at all, he does so in a late way. The attention otherwise is insane."

When Sehun appeared in the doorway, there was a ruckus in the class, caused largely by the fact that the teacher had not yet appeared. Sehun ignored most of the people, only giving a couple even the pleasure of his eye contact and a nod. His face remained completely blank however.

He sat beside me wordlessly again, and then the teacher came in and silenced the rest of the class. Only once we had done the attendance did Sehun acknowledge my existence, turning and smirking at me a little,"I see you managed to find your house in the end." Was trying to wind me up? It worked.

"Yes. Believe it or not, even without your superior guidance and instructions, even a pathetic, stupid human like me was still able to find my own house."

Sehun picked up on my sarcasm but instead of feeling bad for insinuated that I was a moron, he patted my arm and with even greater sarcasm replied, "I’m happy you could overcome all those obstacles and managed to not fall on the pavement… again."

I was literally fuming at this point. Who did this damn blonde kid think he was?! I rose from my seat, hit my fist hard on the table and shouted, "I was pushed over!"

The pink colour that took to my cheeks was so red, you could have burnt yourself on it. Not only had the whole class seen, but I had hit my injured hand on the table so hard that it had begun bleeding again. Perhaps my one saving grace was that the teacher had left the room to get our test results from Friday, and so was unaware of the havoc I had caused.

The noise that escaped my lips was a cross between a hiss and grunt, causing Baekhyun to laugh and Sehun to look a little startled. Like he even had the right!  I sat down quickly before the teacher came back in. I silently sulked, appraising my hand. 

Baekhyun’s voice called out to the teacher, "Mira has fallen over and cut her hand. May she go to the nurse?" Jeez he made it sound like I just fell over air or something.

The teacher looked concerned and excused me immediately. I stood up, looking flushed with embarrassment at the whole nasty incident, and the teacher asked if I wanted someone to go with me. I was about to say no, when I heard a chair scraping and turned to see Sehun had left his seat and was heading towards the front of the class.

"I can take her since you’re only going over the test now, and I got the highest mark in the class, right?" he quietly asked to the teacher. The quietly smug look on his face killed me. I really wanted to smack it.

"You should take her, yes. Since you got second highest. Mira here, scored half a mark better than you."

The phrase if looks could kill has never been clearer to me than now. And in this moment when I could have made peace with Oh Sehun, what did I chose to do? I stuck out my tongue behind the teachers back and headed triumphantly from the class. This was like my glorious moment of retribution. Well, it was briefly. 

"Why are you going that way?"

I froze. Damn.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter