Unfamiliar

I'm Sorry It Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That evening, I turned up at the diner Baekhyun had given me the address to and what I found was a small, but clean looking place. When I entered I found that I was the first one here. I took a seat and nervously twiddled my thumbs. It had been a long time since I had done anything like this, it felt weird to have no one here with me, or to have any topics of conversation in mind. I doubted Baekhyun and his friends wanted to hear about how the stock market was doing. I moved on to touching my now loose hair that sat in my natural curls; having a British mother did have its advantages. My outfit had been problematic as most of my clothing had branding on it, and I didn’t need anything to cause suspicion. In the end, I had to buy a jumper and jacket from a nearby store although neither were that bad.

"Is no one else here yet?" the voice of Baekhyun greeted me, causing me to stop fiddling with my hair. He smiled at me as he took in my altogether different appearance. "You scrub up well, Mira."

The next to arrive were the other two members of their wee group; Kai and Chanyeol. Both greeted me formally at first but once we started chatting they both insisted I call them informally so I did the same to be polite. Both seemed to be nice, I decided.

We were about to order our food when Sehun suddenly joined the group. Unlike the others, he had clearly made very little effort with his appearance. He wore a black hoodie, black jeans and a black cap, contrasting with his hair starkly. It was like he was going for a whole crow thing with his outfit.

He only glanced at me briefly, taking in my different appearance before ordering from the blushing waitress. He then whispered to Baekhyun, "Why did you invite her?  I said I wasn’t interested."

I don’t think I was supposed to hear, so I pretended to be playing with my empty glass which was fine, until Chanyeol offered to get me a refill. I just about heard Baekhyun whispering back, "I like her, she’s different."

Sehun pouted a little, clearly disagreeing that being different was a reason to like someone. I was a little insulted by him once again, but held my tongue. I had been raised better after all.

When the evening finally drew to a close, I felt altogether more relaxed being around three of them - all but Sehun.

It was late at night by this point, and the clubs were starting to empty allowing all kinds of people to wander onto the streets. I was walking one way and it seemed like the others were walking the other. Baekhyun offered to walk with me, but much to my surprise Sehun stepped up and, without looking at me, said to the others, "I’m going that way anyway. I’ll see you later." And led off as if I was supposed to follow.

I had to hurry just to catch up to him; he was a very fast walker. I couldn’t think of anything to say, nothing without sounding like a complete idiot.  

"Which way?" he suddenly asked, stopping at a junction.

My head snapped up as I looked at the unfamiliar crossing. This area of the city was a mystery to me. ‘Umm...’ I began, helplessly looking from one side of the street to the other.

He heaved a sigh, offering no assistance. 

Stupid blonde. I then peeked down either side of both streets, ignoring where Sehun stood planted. He watched me attempt this for about a minute before finally cocking his head to the side and asking, "What are you actually doing?"

I was so close to working it out, "Shh! You’ll distract me!" I instructed as I tilted my head to various angles in an attempt at finding my path.

After another minute, he asked me, "Are you not familiar with the area?" as if it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter