Liar

I'm Sorry It Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I arrived in class on Monday, I was relieved to see that Baekhyun was sitting in his usual seat. There was no way I could face sitting next to Sehun alone all day. This way, I could at least talk to someone else.

I took my seat beside the smiling Baekhyun and we chatted about this and that for the next few minutes. A moment later, I knew Sehun had entered the classroom because the room exploded as people greeted him, many asking about the confession he had received from Kim Yunseo as if it had happened just minutes ago. 

I made a point to ignored Sehun when he sat down, still irked by his comment about me being jealous. I mean, me? Jealous? I don’t think so.

Sehun, apparently, had other ideas about how the day was going to go. "Mira, don’t you wash properly?"

Both Baekhyun and I looked round at him, he was smirking at me. 

"What?" I asked incredulously.

"You don’t wash very well, do you?" he pressed, trying to put on a serious expression despite a stupid smirk still showing. I wanted to smack him in the face.

‘Why would you say that?’ I asked in a bitterly sweet voice.

Reaching up, he touched just behind my ear, causing me to flinch a little. ‘There’s still pen there from Friday night.’

I felt my cheeks become hotter, not only because he was pointing out something embarrassing, but because over half the class was staring by this point. They were probably wondering why he was bothering with someone like me when Kim Yunseo was lurking around.

Baekhyun swivelled round in his seat to see it, and frowned, "I can’t see any. Where is it?"

I turned back to Sehun, one eyebrow raised. Sehun was pouting a little at Baekhyun because his fun has been spoilt. I turned back to Baekhyun and beamed at him happily, at least someone was nice to me here. I sort of wished Sehun asked me who was nicer now - because it certainly wouldn’t be him.

As we queued for our lunch, Sehun nudged my arm. “Why didn’t you tell me your address before? What if you fall asleep somewhere or get drunk drinking Ribena and I have to take you home?" As soon as he mentioned sleep I thought back to Friday night when I had seen him sleeping amongst the children. Lifting his large hand to my face, he used it to cover my eyes so I couldn't see anything. “You were staring too much this morning.”

Too embarrassed to reply to the second part, I pulled away from his hand and slammed my tray on the counter. If he wasn’t standing here, I might have made the tray into a fan to cool my cheeks, but I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction.

 

At the end of the day, I was heading for the school gates on my own when I saw Kim Yunseo standing there. She didn’t look good. This was the first time I had seen her properly since the confession, and she looked a little lost even though she was surrounded by her friends. I wanted to go over to her, slap her face, and tell her to pull herself together; but my predator-prey instinct told me not to become the prey today.

I hadn’t realised that I was staring at her until she began glowering at me. I was more than a little startled by this action, not knowing what I had done, but I guessed it was probably because I was staring at her. Makes sense, I was being pretty creepy right now.

I thought she was going to approach me for a second but just then something came up behind me and kneed the back of my knee, causing me to collapse forwards a little. I turned with a glare attached to my face as I checked to see who the culprit was. Sehun stood there and was, of course, smirking. I didn't know what to say to him. Not only was I already in an uncomfortable situation because of accidentally stared at Kim Yunseo and angered her, but now the reason she was this upset had come along. Typical. 

"Ready to go?" Sehun asked, tilting his head to the side waiting, for the positive answer that he expected to come.

I shook my head. "No. I’m not walking home today."

His smirk disappeared and he frowned a little. "Why?" he asked, frown staying.

I scooted around him and made to walk away from him. He caught my arm.

"I was about to answer!" I hissed quietly, embarrassed by the scene he was causing.  I dragged my arm away from him, raising an eyebrow at his pout and then heaved a sigh, "Not that it’s any of your business, but I’m meeting my friends from my old school today." This was half true; I was meeting my father along with my old 'boyfriend’s' father…maybe my old 'boyfriend'/best friend would be there, maybe he wouldn't. I secretly hoped he would be though.

Sehun frowned hard at this. At first I thought it was because he thought I was some sort of a social reject and hearing that I had friends was something that totally baffled him. Well, he wasn't totally wrong. But still, I was insulted. "What is it?" I demanded. "Are you surprised I have friends?"

He shook his head, frown deepening even more, "No, it’s just that I thought you were home-schooled until now…"

Crap. That’s what I had told him.

"I...I..."

 Crap, crap, crap! This was bad.

"I...um...My family used to babysit my Father's friend’s children and my mother used to teach them how to do things like baking or sewing or whatever so we called it school." Wow, could my excuse be any worse? I doubted it.

His frown disappeared instantly and was replaced with a small smile. I frowned a little now, unsure what he was thinking, "What?" I suspiciously asked.

He innocently shook his head, "Nothing." 

 

I parted ways with him quickly after that to avoid any other uncomfortable questions and hurried away from the school, not wanting to be stopped by anyone else. Having successfully made it to a local shopping centre, I went straight up to the Director of Operations, handed him a letter from my father, and was escorted courteously to a priv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter