Endings

I'm Sorry It Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was used to all this; faking pleasantries. This wasn’t my first time, and I knew it wouldn't be my last. Saying goodbye was another thing I was pretty great at. For about as long as I could remember, I'd been jet-setting around the world. Never to move schools before, but I didn't really think that was an important factor at all. My closest of friends gathered around me in a tight circle, each wanting to hug me and wish me the best after making me promise to stay in touch. None of them knew where I was really going, but I wasn't too fussed about telling them either. After all, it was private business.

My name is Lee Mira and today is my last day at the most prestigious international school in Korea. I liked it here; it was comforting and familiar. I knew who I was here. I had many friends and even a boyfriend-like-figure here in a place where your lineage was equally as important as any other factor of your being. Personality was all but disregarded: guess that’s why I had so many friends. In a place like this, a child’s parents were the only way they could hope to make any friends at all. 

It made sense to me why I was only a little saddened at saying goodbye to these people. It’s not like I didn’t like them, it’s more like I wasn’t sure whether they liked me or my father’s name. There was really only a handful I trusted at all.

Sighing, I pretended to be wiping a tear away, "Promise you’ll write!" I made them all agree to this. Good. The ball was out of my court, but I doubted any of them actually would.

I turned and saw my boyfriend-like-figure; a very, very handsome boy who, despite our parents setting us up a long time ago, I was very fond off.  He was the only person here who I considered to be a real friend. We were more a 'couple' for the purposes of securing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter