Heads-Up

I'm Sorry It Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When morning came, I felt an insatiable urge to smother Sehun with my pillow as he slept. Whilst I had had an iffy night's sleep involving a lot of tossing and turning on a surprisingly hard surface, Sehun had moved himself up onto the comfy couch despite his insistence on sleeping on the floor in the first place. He had probably managed to sleep well for most of the night, and was now dozing away like he didn’t have a care in the world. Straightening out my stiff back, I dragged his blanket off of him, smiling a little when I saw him wince as the cold air hit him. I watched as his limp hand patted around himself for the blanket in a futile attempt to return to dreamland. He squirmed there for a minute before finally opening his eyes and looking up at me with an angry pout.

“Morning,” I tersely said, throwing the blanket over his head.

Struggling free from it, he groaned and threw it back at me. “Morning.”

Stretching my arms, I felt a definite pain in my right shoulder so I proceeded to rotate it in an attempt to sooth it a little. If this was what fake camping was like then I certainly didn’t want to try out the real thing.

“Is it sore?” Sehun asked as he slid down like a slug onto the duvet beside me.

I made a tut before rolling my eyes at him. “Maybe you would know if you’d slept here too.”

Sehun screwed up his face and rolled his head onto my lap where he closed his eyes over for a moment. I tensed at the sudden closeness, but didn’t otherwise move or react. Looking up at me, he put on a sad expression. “But it wasn’t comfy.”

“I know!” I replied, exasperated. “I have the aching shoulder to prove it!”

Sehun stared up me for a moment, his eyes lighter than I had seen them in the morning sun that was trickling in through the window. He stretched a hand up, hovering it above himself before poking the tip of my nose playfully. “Isn’t it better that at least one of us was comfy?”

“Yeah. But it should have been me!”

Rolling his head from side to side, Sehun said, “It’s not like you didn’t know the couch was there. And I couldn’t have moved you there.”

He may have had a point; if I had woken up and Sehun’s arms had been around me in an attempt to move me to the couch, I may have freaked out. Not wanting to give him the satisfaction, I merely grunted.

“What’s for breakfast?” I asked, my hand bristling over the tips of his hair. I was on the cusp of just running my hands through his matted mop of blonde but contained the urge.

Considering it for a moment, Sehun finally shrugged, pointing up at my shoulder. “Since you’re injured, you can pick.”

I wouldn’t really have called it an injury, but I was about to get out of making breakfast so I wasn’t going to quibble details. Cooing at him softly, I finally allowed my hand finally ruffle through his hair like it had wanted to all this time. I felt my lips turn up when my fingers made their way through his bedhead. I saw a smile stretch onto his face as he felt me doing this and he closed his eyes over again as I continued to ruffle through his hair as if I was some sort of ape grooming her young. As I did this, the tip of my finger landed on a small lump of raised skin. Pausing my movements, I drew my finger back over the bump again. There was definitely something there.

“What’s this on your head?” I asked, glancing at Sehun’s face.

“Hm?” he asked, eyes slowly opening. I repeated the question and he stretched his hand up with a little frown. Feeling though his hair to the lump, he sat up almost straight away, surprising me a little. “Oh, it’s just a wee scare.” It doesn’t seem wee.

“How did you get it?” I asked, stretching up to touch it again but he drew away before I even got close to it.

“I don’t remember,” he mumbled as he got to his feet, suddenly looking uncomfortable. “What do you want to eat?”

I stared at him for a moment as he stood there, gnawing my lip as I did so. I really was a very curious being and considered not letting it go, but I did. “Just whatever you happen to find that isn’t mouldy.”

Sehun left for the kitchen then, looking a little flustered as he did so. Although I wasn’t sure, I imagined that was that scar Baekhyun had told me about. But it had been bigger than I had visualised it. A lot bigger. I hated to think what the size of the original wound had been like if that was the scar it had left behind.

I lifted myself onto the couch with a plop and dragged up my blanket to wrap around myself.

“Are you cold?” Sehun asked as he sauntered through with a considerably large stack of toast and two plates.

“Not anymore,” I grinned as I pulled his blanket up to bundle myself into.

Sehun raised an eyebrow at this before sitting down on my feet very deliberately, causing me to cry out.

“What?” he said with feigned innocence. “I’m just warming your toes since you’re cold.”

He was sitting on them in a way that wasn't immediately uncomfortable, so I just stayed where I was; the allure of toast being greater than the need to free myself.

Around a mouthful, he asked me, “What are we doing today?”

I didn’t have any plans – how pathetic. I didn’t even have laundry to do, or groceries to buy. I supposed I could study since I hadn’t really done it properly in a long time, but I couldn’t be bothered. Maybe Sehun had something in mind.

“I don’t have anything planned.”

“Can we have a pyjama day then?”

I screwed my face up, not liking the way it sounded. “What’s a pyjama day?”

Gaping at me, Sehun got up and grabbed the list he had made last night before returning to my feet, making sure both were under him before he sat again.

“I really don’t know what you’ve been doing your entire life. . . ” he mumbled as he wrote something onto the page with a disapproving shake of his head.

“What’s a pyjama day?” I repeated, sneaking my crusts onto Sehun’s plate so I didn’t have to eat them.

“It’s when you just sort of veg out all day in your pyjamas and don’t really do anything.”

I watched as he unknowingly ate my crusts and wiped the crumbs from around his mouth, smirking to myself about this small victory.

“Isn’t that sort of pointless?”

“That’s the point.”

Yanking one of my feet free, I waved it near his face. “Does that mean we don’t wash either?”

Screwing up his face at the smell, he grabbed my foot and began tickling it lazily until I had no choice but to withdraw it completely. “It’s a whatever-you-want day.”

Holding out my empty plate, I smiled at him as cutely as I could. “In that case, I would like more toast, please.”

He took my plate from me. “If you wanted more then you should have eaten your own crusts.”

I opened my mouth to answer but found that his victorious smile shut me up. Maybe he wasn’t so unknowing after all.

 

We decided in the end that we didn't want to stay inside all day. Instead we actually managed to rally ourselves into getting up and dressed to face the outside world. Wearing a thick beanie hat, Sehun held out an almost identical one for me.

“I don’t usually wear hats,” I told him pointedly as he slid it onto my head without warning.

“And your ears always look like they’re about to fall off because of it,” he commented as he concentrated on ensuring it wasn’t too far down my face to obscure my vision.

“I’ll probably get hat hair,” I informed him seriously as he opened the door for me to pass through first.

He chortled a little. “Probably.”

 

We ended up going to the cake shop that I had told Sehun about last night. When we arrived I was glad that I hadn’t come last night since the sign on the door said the closing time was long before I had made the suggestion.

“I’m serious,” I said, pressing myself against the glass in order to ogle the cakes as we joined the end of the queue. “Although it might seem a bit extreme to wait outside in the cold like this, it will be worth it when we get those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter