Never Regretting

My Secret Texting Partner

Hae In’s POV

 

I returned home after my work. I was depressed. I didn’t know the reason for it. Maybe I was guilty for breaking Jun Hyung’s heart after what he had done to me. Maybe I was feeling sad that Jun Hyung found out I didn’t love him more than I love Ji Hoon. Maybe I was just feeling tired of everything.

 

I opened the door to find Ji Hoon sitting on the couch, waiting for me to go home. I had already agreed to his engagement and I was happy about it because I had been waiting for this day since we got together three years ago. And this time, my dream came true. However, I had to pay a heavy price for my own happiness. I sacrificed someone else’s happiness for my own – and it was Jun Hyung’s.

 

“Hailey, you’re back!” He hugged me as I took off my shoes and put it on the shoe rack. I gladly hugged him back tightly.

 

He was about to let go and let me into the house but I refused to break away from him. I was afraid. I closed my eyes and rested my head nicely on his chest, “Please. Please don’t leave me.”

 

He was definitely confused by my behaviour. I could feel his eyes fixed on mine as he chuckled silently to show a little amusement at my behaviour, “I promise I will never leave you, Hailey. What’s going on? Did something happen?”

 

Somehow, I was very guilty towards Ji Hoon now. I almost two-timed him with Jun Hyung yet he didn’t know a single thing about what I did when he wasn’t in Korea. I felt the most disgusting creature in the world for deceiving my two very precious men in my life. “I’ve hurt somebody. I’m a bad person. Ji Hoon, you won’t want to marry such a bad person like me…” I confessed to him. Well, not the whole story but I needed to let it out to him.

 

“Why would you say that? I know you’re not a bad person. I know you’ll have your reasons. Shush, don’t cry.” He patted my head gently and led me to the couch quietly.

 

I shook my head vigorously on his chest and didn’t dare to look straight into his eyes, “You don’t know, Ji Hoon. I have done many things to hurt people and I’ll never forgive myself…” I just hide my hideous face in his chest and cried like never before. It might seem that Jun Hyung wasn’t hurt but I knew he was hurt somehow.

 

“Shush, Hae In. Just let it all out.” Ji Hoon my shoulder gently and tucked my hair behind my ears. I was comforted that he didn’t probe into it much and just listened to what I had to say. That was one of the good points about Ji Hoon. He respected my privacy and knew I would tell him if I wanted to. He would be just there by my side to support me whenever I fell.

 

It could be just minutes or it could be just hours but I slowly sniffed and my sobs were getting softer. My eyelids were also getting heavier as the time passed by. I felt extremely comfortable in his warm arms as he continued to my back like I was his little child.

 

Before I knew it, I was all relaxed and my mind took off from all the pain in my heart. I gradually fell into a deep sleep and headed off to my dreamland.

 

-

 

I was grouchy as I felt the pillow under my head. My head was hurting and my eyes were feeling sore. I groaned as the sunlight was right on my face. I finally got myself up and rubbed my eyes to scan the surroundings. I was already in my room and Ji Hoon was sleeping as well. However, he was sitting on the chair as he dozed off.

 

“Ji Hoon…” I called out to him.

 

He was awakened by my voice and came over to me immediately, “Did you have a good sleep?”

 

I checked around for a clock but to no avail. I gave up and asked him directly, “How long did I sleep?”

 

He checked his watch and replied me, “Not for very long. Just for two hours. You should have more rest. You’ve been looking too pale lately.” He touched my face lightly and kissed my cheek.

 

I smiled at him to show that I was perfectly fine, “Nah, I’m more than alright. Maybe I have too much work in mind.”

 

He held my hand securely and bit his lips. He was feeling nervous, I could tell. But I couldn’t tell what the reason was. Something must be bothering him. I tilted my head to see his expressions clearly. I used my fingers to have him look into my eyes. I frowned, “Ji Hoon, is something troubling you?”

 

He bit his lips again and asked me, “Hae In, are you sure about this?”

 

“About what?”

 

He raised my hand to show my engagement ring that he put on for me the day before. The ring was sparkling under the sunlight beautifully and I went over to touch it. He tucked my hair behind my ear and asked the same exact question, “Are you sure about the engagement?”

 

I was surprised at his question but I answered him without thinking, “Of course! Why are you asking that?”

 

“Well…” He hesitated with his words, “I had never seen you so broken before like just now. It was heartbreaking to see my fiancé like this. I think you’re not ready for it. I may be wrong but I think there’s something you cannot put behind in Korea in order to leave for the US peacefully. I don’t want you to regret coming over with me.”

 

“No, Ji Hoon. I’m sure about it. I’m sure about my feelings for you. I’m more than ready for this. You know you mean everything to me,” I assured him and cupped his face to show that I was serious about him, “Yes, I was honestly sad about some things but I have to let them go. I have made a choice and there’s no turning back. I love you, Ji Hoon.”

 

I embraced him by wrapping my arms around his neck and my body pressed against him tightly, “The person that I love the most is you, Ji Hoon. And that will never change.”